EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Could we be getting a clear top half and a clear bottom half here, or a top half fighting for promotion, and a bottom half fighting against relegation? Still tight, but there does seem to be a divide forming in the middle. 

We are working on this lowenan!!

Musselburgh looking to be above the divide; though I realise we don't want to be so far down the list in a few matches time! 

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Could we be getting a clear top half and a clear bottom half here, or a top half fighting for promotion, and a bottom half fighting against relegation? Still tight, but there does seem to be a divide forming in the middle. 

I think it was obvious and clear cut from the start of the season who yer top half and bottom half would be. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

I think it was obvious and clear cut from the start of the season who yer top half and bottom half would be. 

I'm hoping you thought that Musselburgh would be in the top half NB!!

Disappointed if the answer is no! 😀

I fully anticipated Musselburgh would have had a minimum of 8 points after 4 matches; if not more. That would have put is in top half or equal.

That's the way it goes. Our two best performances this season have been against Tranent (top), where consensus after match is we deserved a draw - (alas not to be) and Bo'ness (3rd) who we beat in a cup tie.

Far too early to realistically predict who will be in the top 8 come end of season.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Top 6 at present will defo be top 8 at the tail end of season. 

It's all aboot opinions though. 

Our next 2 matches are against Linlithgow and Bo'ness. Dear knows on our current form if we will pick up anything from either match. But we could pick up 6 points as well - all depends on the day! 

I will pick this up with you after half way through, but I think Musselburgh will be above 2 of the current top 6! 

15 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Our next 2 matches are against Linlithgow and Bo'ness. Dear knows on our current form if we will pick up anything from either match. But we could pick up 6 points as well - all depends on the day! 

I will pick this up with you after half way through, but I think Musselburgh will be above 2 of the current top 6! 

Who you taking out of the current top 6  then ,as loweman says Broxburn currently 8th are title contenders as well  ? 

At the end of the season,maybes no half way through, I'd love to be proved wrong.

As I said it's all aboot opinions,didn't mean to get you so upset 🙊:thumsup2

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Who you taking out of the current top 6  then ,as loweman says Broxburn currently 8th are title contenders as well  ? 

At the end of the season,maybes no half way through, I'd love to be proved wrong.

I can't see Broxburn winning it but I think the current top 8 with Jeanfield or Musselburgh being the potential to take Camelon and or any of the others out of top 8. Their was a suggestion Bo'ness manager may go to stenny. Not sure if true but if he did that could derail them

39 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

39 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

No worries about upsetting me NB! As you say, it is all about opinion. People looking at the league just now will think I need to start taking the medication again!

But it is because I am still taking the medication that I can see above our current position! 

I purposely didn’t pick the two teams, as it could be a close call.

But since you ask, I am saying Dundonald and Penicuik. I am surprised that Jeanfield are so low in the league so far, but they have only played 4 matches! Same with Broxburn! 

We played Camelon twice last season and although we won both matches, there was very little in it, and Alan will still be wondering how they lost the first cup tie!

Penicuik won our conference, but I think Hill of Beath were a better team. Overall, We didn’t beat Penicuik, HoBeath didn’t beat us and Penicuik didn’t beat HoB! Indeed if we didn’t get a man sent off in the last match of season, at Penicuik, we were winning at time; then I think we would have held on and the title would have gone to HoB!

All supposition now!!

Might have been easier if  just wrote down the name of my two teams!🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

No worries about upsetting me NB! As you say, it is all about opinion. People looking at the league just now will think I need to start taking the medication again!

But it is because I am still taking the medication that I can see above our current position! 

I purposely didn’t pick the two teams, as it could be a close call.

But since you ask, I am saying Dundonald and Penicuik. I am surprised that Jeanfield are so low in the league so far, but they have only played 4 matches! Same with Broxburn! 

We played Camelon twice last season and although we won both matches, there was very little in it, and Alan will still be wondering how they lost the first cup tie!

Penicuik won our conference, but I think Hill of Beath were a better team. Overall, We didn’t beat Penicuik, HoBeath didn’t beat us and Penicuik didn’t beat HoB! Indeed if we didn’t get a man sent off in the last match of season, at Penicuik, we were winning at time; then I think we would have held on and the title would have gone to HoB!

All supposition now!!

Might have been easier if  just wrote down the name of my two teams!🤷‍♂️

What an imagination you’ve got you usually find the best team wins the league 

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

But since you ask, I am saying Dundonald and Penicuik.

*sprays coffee all over the place*

What is Musselburgh’s problem with Penicuik?! I was literally about stick up for you before you said that 🤷‍♂️😂

Edited by Spyro

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

What is Musselburgh’s problem with Penicuik?! I was literally about stick up for you before you said that 🤷‍♂️😂

Don't really have one myself, like going up your way.  Don't think you should take any individual's post as exhibiting a problem with Cuikie bud.

2 minutes ago, RobM said:

Don't really have one myself, like going up your way.  Don't think you should take any individual's post as exhibiting a problem with Cuikie bud.

Yeah sorry, was just home from work. Forgot it was CJ the last time too! It was all in jest, we’ve had this out with each other before. He’s a top bloke 👍

3 hours ago, cookieboy said:

What an imagination you’ve got you usually find the best team wins the league 

A good imagination for me Cookie or a short memory for you?!

Hey, just my opinion which no Penicuik fans will give a jot! But you can’t just dismiss it. I thought HoB were the best side in our conference last year.  

In two league matches last season, HoB beat Penicuik once and drew once. 

In last match of season, a much improved Musselburgh team , from the previous 5-0 and 4-0 gubbings you gave us, gave Penicuik a big scare. We were 1-0 up and looking comfortable with less than 20 mins to go. A foolish booking for kicking the ball away, then a foul which earned the same player his 2nd yellow, meant that Burgh were down to 10 men with 17 mins to go. Up to 12 minutes remaining we were still 1-0 up. At that point, Hill of Beath were on the way to the title. 

If you say at that point you were still confident Penicuik would win the league, I would not believe you. But then you got the goal, and draw which got you the league. 

That is a much closer affair, that you deem to think from the above!  Just 12 minutes between winning and losing the league.

However - you will get the final say as the records say that Penicuik won the league!!

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

I don’t have a problem with Penicuik. You deservedly beat us in two games last season cup and league. The last match was a much tighter affair, one which I thought we deserved to win. But no complaints from me that Penicuik deserved to be finish higher in the league than Musselburgh did! 

Hope you didn’t burn yourself with the coffee! 

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Looking at our preseason predictions, it looks like Camelon and Dundonald are winning, Musselburgh and WW are losing while Newtowngrange don’t look like they will get even near the 13th that I was ridiculed for predicting them :whistle

Musselburgh have been poor this season! No getting away from it. I don’t think we will be in this position come end of season, and I do think we will climb the table as the season progresses!