EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

Tranent 3-3 Whitehill Welfare

Entertaining see-saw game, especially in the first half. Draw probably a fair result - although having come back to lead from 0-2 down Tranent will be frustrated not to have kicked on and seen it out, and may feel they deserved to shade it. Both sides 3rds were very similar.

Whitehill impressed compared to what I expected. If that's representative, they will surprise many this season.

Was a good game last night. Slightly disagree on a draw being a fair result. Apart from the goals whitehill scored I don’t think they had many more chances. I thought half time came at the wrong time for Tranent when we were dominating and if we got another I think the game would have been dead. Poor 2nd half for Tranent but credit to whitehill for not giving in and looked stronger as the game went on.

19 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Was a good game last night. Slightly disagree on a draw being a fair result. Apart from the goals whitehill scored I don’t think they had many more chances. I thought half time came at the wrong time for Tranent when we were dominating and if we got another I think the game would have been dead. Poor 2nd half for Tranent but credit to whitehill for not giving in and looked stronger as the game went on.

Cant argue , not sure how Welfare got 2 up but all Tranents attacks were down the left and WW did nothing about it , at 3-2 always looked with all their keeping of the ball ww would never get back in it but 2 nd half as it went on they got there

both teams will be unhappy WW were 2-0 up but Tranent should have killed it at 3-2 ,,so a good point for both

word for the official  s-    Useless

Crossgates vs broxburn was a hard faught game with the visitors quality getting the goals, with some good finishing, the early goals(including an excellent free kick) settled them but it was good to see the home side come back with 2 late goals which they deserved.  Cracking goal by crosbie on his debut but unfortunately got clattered by the keeper in the process and looked to have done his knee. Hope is recovery is quick but that's pretty optimistic, he was in agony. 

10 hours ago, Cumbo said:

None

Bit off topic but...

Don’t suppose there’s anywhere online with pics of Simpson Park, Cumbo?

Have vague memories of passing it in the train on the way to my holidays. Looked like a proper wee dive of a ground that I would have loved to have visited one day, just the way I like them. They don’t make them like that anymore!

Bit off topic but...
Don’t suppose there’s anywhere online with pics of Simpson Park, Cumbo?
Have vague memories of passing it in the train on the way to my holidays. Looked like a proper wee dive of a ground that I would have loved to have visited one day, just the way I like them. They don’t make them like that anymore!
https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/jeanfield.htm

EoS Premier Division

Camelon Juniors 2-2 Broxburn Athletic
Crossgates Primrose 1-6 Bo'ness United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 0-1 Dunbar United
Linlithgow Rose 6-0 Whitehill Welfare
Musselburgh Athletic 2-1 Sauchie Juniors
Newtongrange Star 0-3 Dundonald Bluebell
Penicuik Athletic 4-2 Blackburn United
Tranent Juniors 2-1 Jeanfield Swifts

image.png.e4fa087a162544d1f7a964ec09d4ddf6.png

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

How does the pro/rel work at the bottom of the prem and the top of the conferences?

Three down, possible relegation for another if the EOS receives a club from the LL but no-one is promoted.

Both winners up. Play-off between second places for the final promotion spot but if the Premier Division is short of a club then both will be promoted without the play-off.

3 minutes ago, uptheslope said:

Preparing yourself for the worst after Saturday Mantis😁

😂 I knew somebody would pick that one up. I was genuinely curious as I couldn’t find it anywhere, even the EOSL website.

TBH I was at Tannadice watching ICT get hammered so yes, prepared for the worst. I think WW will be above the drop zone having seen them at Edu and Tranent.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I was genuinely curious as I couldn’t find it anywhere, even the EOSL website.

It's on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

Here's the PDF explaining the structure that was posted on the nonleaguematters site.

EOSFL%20Arrangements%20for%202019%2020%20(1).pdf