EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Light poles are quite short, or is it just the pic that makes them appear wee?

The poles are short they look like street light ones will be interesting to see how good or bad they are on a right dark night.

How can losing a striker make u concede 7 goals. 
1 player doesn't make a team. Most of anderson goals came in first part of the season we were less reliant on him by the end

When you take that amount of goals out a team it must have a significant impact. Shipping goals can be covered by scoring them at the other end.

11 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

When you take that amount of goals out a team it must have a significant impact. Shipping goals can be covered by scoring them at the other end.

I agree we will miss him but bear in mind the teams we were playing last yr he would probably be a 25-30 goal striker not 47. My point was we were a lot less reliant on him at the end of the season. Although last night would have been one of those games at 1-1 he would step up to win the game 

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Light poles are quite short, or is it just the pic that makes them appear wee?

Well I would refer you to the planning permission documents, but there doesn't seem to be any for these lights... :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Pity the council couldnt help with funding to  pay for Hill of Beath or Dundonalds  lights like others or maybe they would be higher.

What teams got council funding.know West Lothian are tighter than a ducks arse.

Some years ago now Midlothian council paid for lighting at a number of grounds: Easthouses, Dalkeith, Penicuik (IIRC), possibly the rugby clubs... Some other authorities will have granted monies toward newbuilds, full rebuilds or installing 3G, but I can't think of anywhere else that got help just for lights. I did read that Perth council physically donated light poles to Jeanfield.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Took in the Haws v Jeanfield game. Decent match Haws 4-1 in 1st half but Swifts always looked dangerous and probably deserved at point at the end of the night.

Draw would have been fair. Great value for the £6 entry fee tonight. The no10 for Jeanfield is a player, Simmy he was being called.

Tranent 3-3 Whitehill Welfare

Entertaining see-saw game, especially in the first half. Draw probably a fair result - although having come back to lead from 0-2 down Tranent will be frustrated not to have kicked on and seen it out, and may feel they deserved to shade it. Both sides 3rds were very similar.

Whitehill impressed compared to what I expected. If that's representative, they will surprise many this season.