EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

On 22/05/2019 at 15:49, marcelo said:

My 3 would be crossgatea Blackburn and Dunbar but you never know one of the big guns could get dragged in

Think Dunbar are investing heavily in the team  and crossgates are no pushovers 

20 hours ago, 1985 said:

Agree about Primrose.  Although the BU's beat them 4 times last season, it was by a goal each time.  Well organised team that looked to have improved at centre-back by end of season.

On 5/25/2019 at 17:54, 1985 said:

Dunbar are not investing heavily or lightly. WE dont have the money other clubs have and will struggle in the premier. Most of last seasons squad he re-signed but we have lost Grant Thomson,Chris King and Chris Gordon and I think 1 or 2 others, so we could be 5 down and so far we have signed 2 players on pre contract,from Dalkeith and Preston and one didnt play much allegedly,so we are well short in numbers. Nothing else is coming out from the club but if we dont sign players in the areas where we have lost then it is  going to be a difficult season.  The club have done well the last couple of seasons but the standard is about to go up massively in who we play and we have players who really only know about playing the likes of Boness,Lithgy,Bonnyrigg etc in cup ties and in one off games we have produced the odd surprise, but this is different. Of course we will be mentioned as one of the teams fighting relegation, we scraped in to the top 5 at the end and are under no illusions to what lies ahead but spending heavily is well wide of the mark and unless the manager can bring in some decent players, we on the side lines know  it will be a very difficult season, but we  will be in for a treat seeing some of the biggest names in Junior football back at Dunbar and will hopefully surprise some.  

I hope we get an early decision on set-up for 2020-2021, I think it’s important that we start the new campaign knowing what everyone is playing for.  We know there are 3 relegation spots, potentially 4, but relegate to what?

Personally for me, a Premier-First-Second set-up is what we should be looking at for 20-21, no more Conferences.  The Junior clubs have had their chance to join and if nothing changes, they join at tier 8, the Second division.  If sufficient clubs join then you can look at regional divisions at tier 8.

Edited by Burnie_man

Clearly it's a more complicated - or at least nuanced - issue than previously. Firstly views may well differ between clubs on having a Second Division or not, and if not on having conferences or geographic divisions. Secondly there aren't enough current clubs for 16s all the way down / across and it's unlikely 16-16-8 would fly, so whatever happens you couldn't say for sure what size each - or certainly the lowest - division would be... given you don't know how many (if any) clubs might join in 1yr's time. In turn that'd mean a slightly fuzzy "plumb line" for finishing top X.

6 hours ago, imho said:

The club have done well the last couple of seasons but the standard is about to go up massively in who we play and we have players who really only know about playing the likes of Boness,Lithgy,Bonnyrigg etc in cup ties and in one off games we have produced the odd surprise, but this is different. Of course we will be mentioned as one of the teams fighting relegation, we scraped in to the top 5 at the end and are under no illusions to what lies ahead but spending heavily is well wide of the mark and unless the manager can bring in some decent players, we on the side lines know  it will be a very difficult season, but we  will be in for a treat seeing some of the biggest names in Junior football back at Dunbar and will hopefully surprise some.  

They are all senior clubs now of course ;).

Hopefully the smaller clubs see it as an relatively pressure-free opportunity. They haven't the weight of expectation on them - but "anything can happen".

Edited by HibeeJibee

Agree it would be a little more fuzzy than this season, but a 16-12-12 or 16-14-10 would both be workable, the latter would allow for a few new clubs to enter for 20-21 without affecting the first division.   It could be set-up where 12 is agreed to be the minimum number in a first division, and that number can be increased depending on new applicants at tier 8.

Conference play-off loser, plus finishers 3rd, 4th and 5th in each Conference guaranteed to enter first division, with best 6th or both 6th, or best 7th or both 7th etc until 12, 14 or even 16 positions are filled depending on number relegated from Premier together with number of new applicants.

It gives something to aim for in both Conferences just like this season for “mid-table” clubs, but admittedly with a few more ifs and buts.  Better that than not to have any idea at all going into next season IMO.

You do have the possibility, however slight, that there are major changes involving the East Juniors but then that would probably require an EGM to consider and approve league set-ups anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody post up a list of the nearest train stations please and if there's bus connections.

Obviously it's the teams that dont have stations so nae smart arse comments stating the obvious Dunbar,Nitten,Camelon,Lithgy and Musselburgh all have stations I'm in a shitty mood as it is especially the way the whole situation has been handled!! 

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Can somebody post up a list of the nearest train stations please and if there's bus connections.

Obviously it's the teams that dont have stations so nae smart arse comments stating the obvious Dunbar,Nitten,Camelon,Lithgy and Musselburgh all have stations I'm in a shitty mood as it is especially the way the whole situation has been handled!! 

The ground is about 5 minutes walk from the train station at camelon 

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Hill of Beath and Crossgates you can get off at either Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline QM. A number 19 bus takes you though the respective villages.

Blackburn nearest station Bathgate should get a bus from there.

Dundonald train to Cardenden short walk to the ground.

Jeanfield never been but Perth station obviously would imagine a bus must past near?

Sauchie train to Alloa would reckon a 30 minute walk not too far from Alloa's ground but I imagine you could find a short cut instead of walking along that road.

As mentioned Camelon ground is just up from station.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hill of Beath and Crossgates you can get off at either Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline QM. A number 19 bus takes you though the respective villages.

Jeanfield never been but Perth station obviously would imagine a bus must past near?

Sauchie train to Alloa would reckon a 30 minute walk not too far from Alloa's ground but I imagine you could find a short cut instead of walking along that road.

Thanks Cowden.

I take it Boness is change at Lithgy. Tranent be Pans and bus I suppose. 

Some easy and some not so easy by public transport. 

Pish !!

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

For Jeanfield bus 8 or 9 from the centre to Jeanfield. I've done it before, straightforward connection.

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thanks Cowden.

I take it Boness is change at Lithgy. Tranent be Pans and bus I suppose. 

Some easy and some not so easy by public transport. 

Pish !!

Aye you would get a bus from Lithgy to Bo'ness. Ditto for Tranent,

11 minutes ago, Marten said:

For Jeanfield bus 8 or 9 from the centre to Jeanfield. I've done it before, straightforward connection.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye you would get a bus from Lithgy to Bo'ness. Ditto for Tranent,

Last train from Edinburgh on a Saturday 2000 its gonnae be a struggle at times I think. 

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Last train from Edinburgh on a Saturday 2000 its gonnae be a struggle at times I think. 

You could also get a bus down from the city centre to Tranent maybe less hassle than getting the train to Mussy. Think a 113 is the more direct one.

39 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

For Jeanfield, you can also take a taxi from the ground back to the station. Only a short drive so it shouldn't be too expensive and you'll definitely get to Edinburgh before 20.00.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

If coming to linlithgow. Out of station onto hight Street. Any bus heading west will drop at West Port. (15 minutes walk) if you miss out the pubs. 

For Jeanfield, you can also take a taxi from the ground back to the station. Only a short drive so it shouldn't be too expensive and you'll definitely get to Edinburgh before 20.00.
Last train to Edinburgh from Perth is 2245.

52 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

If coming to linlithgow. Out of station onto hight Street. Any bus heading west will drop at West Port. (15 minutes walk) if you miss out the pubs. 

Dont want tae be missing oot the pubs :)

45 minutes ago, gogsy said:

2.00/2.30 kick offs remember

Which might make it even more difficult when I sometimes swap shifts for an early Saturday start. :(

A lot of fannying aboot on public transport to tae get to some places. 

Let the new adventures begin.