Bellshill Athletic 2019/20

• 3 weeks later...

Signing News, The club are delighted that the following have signed on again for next season:

Jordan Brand, Callum Nolan, Euan Conroy, Scott Simon, Lee Nichol, Andy Gilchrist, Jamie Stewart, Callum Ridge

and joining them will be Ex Colville Park & Scottish Amateur Internationalist Robbie Peebles.

Hopefully more news to follow soon

How are you getting on with the pitch situation? Has that settled down a bit? Sorry I’m not in the loop at all...

Also with Edusport finally settling down just along the road, is there any talk of being a feeder club in any way. Could be a good opportunity if you play it right. As a secret Jambo, I remember half our team were born in Bellshill back in the day, seems mad that you guys aren’t right up there in the junior ranks

14 hours ago, Spyro said:

How are you getting on with the pitch situation? Has that settled down a bit? Sorry I’m not in the loop at all...

Also with Edusport finally settling down just along the road, is there any talk of being a feeder club in any way. Could be a good opportunity if you play it right. As a secret Jambo, I remember half our team were born in Bellshill back in the day, seems mad that you guys aren’t right up there in the junior ranks

there is one man to blame for that i'm afraid

31 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

there is one man to blame for that i'm afraid

It’s something I need to catch up on, I read briefly about some wannabe dragging you through the sh1t. Bellshill was always football-central when I grew up in the east, now I’m just along the road, I'd love it if you found your place back where you belong again

Edited by Spyro

A lot of that was down to Bellshill Maternity Hospital being the main birthplace of most of Lanrkshire and parts of Glasgow...however, there have been many bona fide Bellshill boys, who have made their name in fitba at all levels, from Legends, World Class, Senior Scottish level, down to boys in the Juniors.

The Juniors have had a real hard time of it for years now, and that can primarily be put down to the loss of their own ground to a housing developer who managed to get his hands on it, which in turn lead to years of being footballing nomads, which ultimately lead to a loss of support that they've never been able to re-gather despite being back in the town for a few years now.. The current committee are doing well to keep the Club going if you ask me

Good to hear, I did wonder if it was down to a big maternity hospital tbh :lol:

Hopefully one of the committee can get in touch with the guys at Edusport and come to some sort of arrangement. Maybe run as a feeder/reserve team as there must only be a few miles between you both now. Nothing to be wary of, it’s something that’ll work for both clubs and help the young lads in the area that are currently missing out while you all find your feet again

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Good to hear, I did wonder if it was down to a big maternity hospital tbh :lol:

Hopefully one of the committee can get in touch with the guys at Edusport and come to some sort of arrangement. Maybe run as a feeder/reserve team as there must only be a few miles between you both now. Nothing to be wary of, it’s something that’ll work for both clubs and help the young lads in the area that are currently missing out while you all find your feet again

Would any club want to be involved with edusport ..I would be sceptical if it was my club...I think Bellshill are doing ok without them ..they are building a terrific squad and thats a result of the hard work the guys behind the scenes have put in the last few years...the signing of robbie peebles confirms this....

10 minutes ago, Town Crier said:

Would any club want to be involved with edusport ..I would be sceptical if it was my club...I think Bellshill are doing ok without them ..they are building a terrific squad and thats a result of the hard work the guys behind the scenes have put in the last few years...the signing of robbie peebles confirms this....

I suggest you read the Edusport thread in the lowland league section, for once a team who look like they are genuinely trying to turn a corner and reach out to the local community. They’ve made a lot of us eat our words and fair play to them.

If you are happy to go it alone, fair enough, but why disregard an opportunity when it’s landed right on your doorstep...

7 hours ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Aye there was, not sure how far the discussions went, but if they are struggling to get folk through the gates in Bellshill itself, they'd have even more difficulty at Bothwellhaugh

Bellshill is and always will be our home, We have been supported by North Lanarkshire Leisure which will see some improvements made this year to the facilities pitch side. We are in discussions with them and other people on a plan to help the club re-establish itself within the town and as a proper community club. 

Doesn’t matter who sucks who’s cock, I was just suggesting it was an opportunity that could help both clubs...

Maybe a reason why you are where you are with the backwards attitude shown by certain people above :shutup

22 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Doesn’t matter who sucks who’s cock, I was just suggesting it was an opportunity that could help both clubs...

Maybe a reason why you are where you are with the backwards attitude shown by certain people above :shutup

dont see why it would help both clubs and thats just an opinion....I may be wrong but do Bellshill not have teams all through the age groups up to 19s?....seems they are on the right road after many years away from the town so dont see the need for them to gamble on something that could undo all their great work....

• 1 month later...
On 07/06/2019 at 17:17, Spyro said:

What backwards attitude are you referring too? As a club we have strived to return to the community  and re-establish ourselves within the community BUT 10 years out of the town have taken it's toll in many aspects and the current committee, who work their socks off to keep the club going.

Hopefully the plans that are being discussed with various potential partners will come to fuition to see the club continue it's Academy structure development and a sustainable future for the club.

• 3 weeks later...