World Cup tickets

GordonS

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/20/fifa-womens-world-cup-ticketing-fiasco

There was a thread about tickets on the other women's football page, but I suppose this should go here.

In scenes that are a surprise to literally no-one in the football world, FIFA has fucked up the tickets. Loads of people are separated all over the place. I've got split tickets for a game, v Japan in Rennes, one seat in between us. How does that even happen? How hard is it to place the vast majority together? Doing it by application rather than allowing people to pick their seats was totally unnecessary for most matches anyway.

Of course, I'm just assuming the others are together because they're in sequence, but they could be either side of an aisle or whatever.

I'm going with my 14 year old, so I'll be calling France tomorrow to see if we can get the seats changed. Oh well.

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/20/fifa-womens-world-cup-ticketing-fiasco

There was a thread about tickets on the other women's football page, but I suppose this should go here.

In scenes that are a surprise to literally no-one in the football world, FIFA has fucked up the tickets. Loads of people are separated all over the place. I've got split tickets for a game, v Japan in Rennes, one seat in between us. How does that even happen? How hard is it to place the vast majority together? Doing it by application rather than allowing people to pick their seats was totally unnecessary for most matches anyway.

Of course, I'm just assuming the others are together because they're in sequence, but they could be either side of an aisle or whatever.

I'm going with my 14 year old, so I'll be calling France tomorrow to see if we can get the seats changed. Oh well.

What a shambles, you'd think the ticketing systems and algorithms would be designed to handle an event like this in a sensible manner.

FIFA basically asking people to turn up early to games and do their own ticket swaps is something else.