Steve Clarke's coaching team

Now that we know who the manager is, now its time to speculate on who his assistant and coaches will be :). 

I think for assistant, the likely name that will be mentioned is Alex Dyer who assisted him at Kilmarnock.  I have also noticed that Darren Fletcher has been mentioned by a few on here but imho, that's unlikely as he's being touted as a possible Director of Football at Manchester United. 

Another possible assistant is Kevin Keen who assisted Steve Clarke at Reading and WBA so, I am intrigued to see who he brings in. 

Edited by Caley Shaun

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

Now that we know who the manager is, now its time to speculate on who his assistant and coaches will be :). 

I think for assistant, the likely name that will be mentioned is Alex Dyer who assisted him at Kilmarnock.  I have also noticed that Darren Fletcher has been mentioned by a few on here but imho, that's unlikely as he's being touted as a possible Director of Football at Manchester United. 

Another possible assistant is Kevin Keen who assisted Steve Clarke at Reading and WBA so, I am intrigued to see who he brings in. 

Shaun Maloney if we can prize him off Belguim would be good

But failing that Fletcher guy talks a good game

But sometimes maybe the guy who won all the big medals is not what they want reminded off

Unless they all genuinly like a respect him 

Gonna go outfield and when he retires maybe Craig Gordon will coach

Good mate off Fletcher he is

41 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Shaun Maloney if we can prize him off Belguim would be good

But failing that Fletcher guy talks a good game

But sometimes maybe the guy who won all the big medals is not what they want reminded off

Unless they all genuinly like a respect him 

Gonna go outfield and when he retires maybe Craig Gordon will coach

Good mate off Fletcher he is

You can't argue with his experience.

gtv-archive-shutterstock-editorial-764294wz (1).jpg

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Not sure why Cathro would leave his current position which probably pays much more than the SFA would offer. He'd definitely be an asset to the coaching staff though.

He could easily do both

Tommy Wright would be a great appointment IMO. He's worked with Clarke before and seems to know him well, it's quite common for full-time managers to take the additional role. Failing that, Stephen Robinson has experience working with Northern Ireland and seems a really good coach. Dyer seems liked but don't know enough about him.

I think going for Wright and then a 'loveable' dimwit with good relations with the players (kind of like what McCoist was to Walter Smith) would be a great management team.

7 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Tommy Wright would be a great appointment IMO. He's worked with Clarke before and seems to know him well, it's quite common for full-time managers to take the additional role. Failing that, Stephen Robinson has experience working with Northern Ireland and seems a really good coach. Dyer seems liked but don't know enough about him.

I think going for Wright and then a 'loveable' dimwit with good relations with the players (kind of like what McCoist was to Walter Smith) would be a great management team.

This could be Alex Dyer - not the "dimwit" part, because he seems quite switched on, but he definitely has that Londoner cheeky chappie persona which would probably go down pretty well.