New set up for next season

I thought id kept up to date for season 2019/20 but ive just looked at the EOS website and its showing the 16 division premier league and a first division of 24 teams, not the two 12 team conferences that I thought had been specified for next season.  

Id welcome (nice) comments.

8 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

I thought id kept up to date for season 2019/20 but ive just looked at the EOS website and its showing the 16 division premier league and a first division of 24 teams, not the two 12 team conferences that I thought had been specified for next season.  

https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=league&pd=1049&it=202

13 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Everything i've seen is that it's 2x Conferences of twelve teams. Play your own Conference twice, the opposite Conference once for a 34 game league season.

Conference A winner vs. Conference B winner for the overall First Division Championship. Two legged play-off

Conference A runner up vs. Conference B runner up for promotion spot in a two legged play-off. Both teams potentially promoted depending on the EoS Premier being at a net loss.

Not entirely sure why they have an overall table if individual Conference standings play into promotion.

EDIT: Guess it's possible they will use the overall standings to decide First Division - Second Division split??? That's why they want to keep track of it

Edited by FairWeatherFan

11 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Its a very big technical error then.

It's on a part of the website that very few people are going to look at during the summer, and it would probably be caused by one line of code being wrong.

12 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Are we certain there will be a second division next season?

I think they will probably add the individual Conference tables at some point, but the overall table makes sense now that I think on it.

The Conference approach they've used the last two years has had league position as the first tie breaker. League position between two conferences just means the same two conferences all over again. So they're going to have to go with points totals if they want to redraw the Conferences next year. Having the overall table just makes it easy for everyone to know what the current situation is.