What are your views on referees in Junior football

Hi everyone, 

I am a psychologist currently conducting a project which has been funded by FIFA and CIES. We require responses from Spectators ,players and coaches of all levels of football (including junior football) on their opinions and attitudes towards referees.

If anyone has 10 minutes free to do the survey, I would be extremely grateful. As a small incentive, all respondents will be entered in a draw to wine multiple amazon vouchers.

The link for the survey is: huddersfieldbss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5zM1NaVNCb4zefz

Many thanks

Dara

We wouldn’t have games without them .
Some of them are good and some of them are terrible (same with every profession i suppose) . Lack of consistency across the standard of refereeing (same as every profession i suppose) . It appears you can talk to some but not others (same as every profession i suppose) . I think , sometimes a good , sometimes a sheet .

1 hour ago, mike strutter said:

i suppose they try their best ... its the linesmen i fail to see the point of ... in all honesty they very rarely make any contribution to the game so whats the point in having them.

Because if they weren’t there then it would be impossible to roar at them from a metre away. After all the admission fee doesn’t just entitle you to watch a football match. You get to verbally abuse the person with the flag.

On 5/21/2019 at 17:36, jimbaxters said:

Because if they weren’t there then it would be impossible to roar at them from a metre away. After all the admission fee doesn’t just entitle you to watch a football match. You get to verbally abuse the person with the flag.

it really is wonderful value for money 

Ref's are needed, but so is some form of consistency, and common sense we have a ref today who has asked us to change into our away kit as it clashes with the strip he wanted to wear, lol, eh don't think so, linesman not worth having the barely make a decision and when they do the usually get overruled, waste of money