Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

1 minute ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Just heard the AA interview on the radio. The guy cannot speak English. How is he going to get the players to play his way if he can’t get his point over clearly.
The players always said Steve Clarke’s instructions were simple and clear and they knew exactly what their jobs were. Oh Lordy, I think this is going to be a long season.

That’s a great point mate.

Serious question, do you think the board, like a lot of the fans have got caught up in the feeling of being ‘big time’ and made stupid decisions ?

If you went through, Partizan was a sellout. This arrogant attitude has cost the club a fortune.

I am raging beyond all belief, I feel like starting on the skag. We are going to be a laughing stock on here for years to come & rightly so.
I salute you, Moomintroll.

The only Kilmarnock fan prepared to show their face after this embarrassment. [emoji106]

Well that 'European tour' lasted long. :lol:

And after all that hard work to get there and the big party they had in May too :lol:

We've had some utter embarrassments in Europe, with Stjarnan being the worst, but that tonight tops that. That result would never have happened under Clarke and it'll be interesting to see how Killie fare domestically this season.

I really don't give a shag about Scottish teams in Europe, because we can't realistically win anything. 

However, we should not be laughing at this too loudly, as it reflects badly on the Scottish game. No, it sn't as bad as us losing to Niederkorn. They likely pay three times what Connah's Quay pay, but we pay five or six times what Killie do. But it's still embarrassing. I think Colwyn Bay have joined the Welsh League this term from the English Leagues. They start at Division Two level. They'll be in the top four in Wales next season after they get promoted in May. They bounced around between Northern Premier and Conference North in the English Leagues. That's about Connah's Quay's standard. About the same level as a club bouncing between League One and League Two up here.

Have to fear for Killie with the "ambitious" managerial signing - as I "fear" for the Spoonburners with their English League One / English League Two XI. (But I quite like Killie; I hate the Spoonburners) Some things just don't work in Scottish football.    

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

They were a bunch of beetroot-howkers, sit down.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Almost as embarrassing as Killie is St Johnstone fans *still* trying to claim that mob were decent.

Its worth mentioning that the "beetroot howking mob" went on to beat Swedens third best team in the next round.

5 of them have caps for Lithuania, and another has caps for Belarus. They had two young forwards who destroyed us, Maksimov seems to have been given a ban due to an illegal transfer, while Dorley moved to Slovan Liberec for 500k at the end of the season, at the age of 18.

Connahs Quay are a part time side who needed penalties to beat Edinburgh City.