Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

Guest JTS98
13 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Aberdeen got a stinker of a draw in Burnley, but took them all the way to extra time at Turf Moor before coming up short. A shame but not embarrassing.

Aberdeen drawing home and away with Burnley in July/August actually backs up the point. Would Aberdeen (or anyone from our league outside Celtic) avoid defeat home and away in competitive games against an English Premier League side in October or November? I have my doubts.

But in July and August nobody is quite 'on it' so anything can happen. And does happen. As we see almost every year.

I can't believe people can look at the mounting evidence and not see that lack of preparation clearly influences the results of these games.

8 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Mate, I feel bad for you and your auld man. If it's any consolation (it won't be) half the clubs in the league have their own Connah's Quay story. I still boil with rage when I think about Birkirkara and a game that they had no right to win after the chances we spurned that night. But that's football. It can be a hoor sometimes. 

And the other half that don't have their own version of the  CQ loss never trouble the European places. Shit happens.

it's not really though is it, infact my dad did take me to my local team as a youngster ,  i always keep an eye out for dumbartons scores but i cant say i support them.

never knew there were so many rules on what team to support and the funny thing is liverpool was my local team for some years, i await another rule why i shouldnt support liverpool.
No one cares mate. Just admit you're pond life and we'll all move on

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:
16 hours ago, DanMc99 said:
it's not really though is it, infact my dad did take me to my local team as a youngster ,  i always keep an eye out for dumbartons scores but i cant say i support them.

never knew there were so many rules on what team to support and the funny thing is liverpool was my local team for some years, i await another rule why i shouldnt support liverpool.

No one cares mate. Just admit you're pond life and we'll all move on

everyone cares, just admit you've lived off a diet of pot noodles and boil in the bags for your entire life and we can all move on.

This was a horrific result for Killie, no getting away from it, and tbh very very funny.

But does this reflect badly on Scottish football? Does it f**k. It reflects badly on Killie and nobody else.

In this round alone Hadjuk Split got knocked out by Gzira of Malta after winning the first leg. Radnički Nis of Serbia (a team who finished in second, a full 21 points ahead of Partizan Belgrade in third) got knocked out by Flora of Estonia. Brann of Norway got knocked out by Shamrock Rovers (I know Shamrock Rovers aren’t awful but the Irish league on the whole is). Legia Warsaw drew their first round match with a team from Gibraltar. Brondby of Denmark scraped through after losing away to Inter Turku in Finland. 

Has this made Croatian, Serbian and Norwegian football the laughing stock of Europe? I doubt it. These are countries with coefficients at similar levels to Scotland. One off shocks happen, particularly in the early rounds when teams from most leagues aren’t quite at full fitness. 

This is on Killie, not Scottish football.

This was a horrific result for Killie, no getting away from it, and tbh very very funny.

But does this reflect badly on Scottish football? Does it f**k. It reflects badly on Killie and nobody else.

In this round alone Hadjuk Split got knocked out by Gzira of Malta after winning the first leg. Radnički Nis of Serbia (a team who finished in second, a full 21 points ahead of Partizan Belgrade in third) got knocked out by Flora of Estonia. Brann of Norway got knocked out by Shamrock Rovers (I know Shamrock Rovers aren’t awful but the Irish league on the whole is). Legia Warsaw drew their first round match with a team from Gibraltar. Brondby of Denmark scraped through after losing away to Inter Turku in Finland. 

Has this made Croatian, Serbian and Norwegian football the laughing stock of Europe? I doubt it. These are countries with coefficients at similar levels to Scotland. One off shocks happen, particularly in the early rounds when teams from most leagues aren’t quite at full fitness. 

This is on Killie, not Scottish football.

Killie are part of Scottish football. The 3rd best team going by last season. I think this reflects badly on Scottish Football.

Sevco and Celtic aside, getting papped out in the qualifying rounds is the norm for Scottish sides, so no real change here.

"Come back Steve Clarke, all is forgiven" doesn't make sense. It's not like we chose to get rid of him.

It should be no surprise to anyone that a caller to the Daily Record hotline doesn’t understand the concept of forgiveness.

18 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Angelo can go. 

The c**t can't speak English and his football is chronic. 

Get rid before it's too late. That second half yesterday is the worst half I've ever seen from a team. 

Call me seething, heads gone etc all you like because you will be absolutely correct.

Pathetic, embarrassing performance and we deserve all the slaggings we get. Apart from when its rotten *** b*****ds trying to do it, you can all f**k off.

Surely he needs to be able to bring in some players?

The squad he had to choose from was minging.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Sevco and Celtic aside, getting papped out in the qualifying rounds is the norm for Scottish sides, so no real change here.

Folk use that phrase as if the qualifying rounds is one big generic thing.  The difference between the likely standard of opponent in QR1 and the latter qualifiers can be night and day.

Most clubs from all but 8 or 9 countries go out in the qualifying rounds.  It's how early you go out and to what standard of opponent that determines your standing and measure of performance.

As for Sevco - they're hardly immune given they've had two attempts - one successful, but the other being a QR1 exit in Luxembourg.

Edited by tarapoa

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Surely he needs to be able to bring in some players?

The squad he had to choose from was minging.

He started both legs of the Nomads game with 10 of the same team who beat Rangers on the final day. He had time to bring in players and he opted to bring in an absolutely fucking hopeless goalkeeper and yet another defensive midfielder when we already had three.

Edited by craigkillie