Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

On the field, shit happens. Losing to 9 men in a final... so, you know, been there, done that. St Mirren fans fully deserved the roasting we took for ages, and still do take sometimes, for spectacularly fcuking up that 2010 final. Killie fans will need to suck up the slagging - sorry lads, because I genuinely think you are a decent lot, and come through to our midden in good numbers. However, that result simply guarantees a right royal point and laugh from oppo’ fans.

The bit I don’t get is booking up for Belgrade before getting through, and openly boasting about doing it, on a forum such as this. If you were going to do it, because you (mistakenly) thought beating a bunch of Welsh diddies was a given, then keep quiet about it. I do admire the subsequent posts saying ‘still going to enjoy a weekend in Belgrade’. Like fcuk you are. The only reason you will be in Belgrade is because you arrogantly thought your team would be shoe-ins to be playing there. I can imagine multiple Killie fans, strolling around Belgrade, seeing other Killie fans sitting in pavement bars and stopping for a conversation.... ‘Lovely city, eh? Interesting museums, don’t you think? Architecture is interesting....’

Sorry boys, especially for the bloke who is going with his elderly dad - I feel for you, but you should never, ever, have assumed a Scottish ‘diddy’ club would be a shoe-in for anything, and definitely not blabbed about booking for Belgrade on Scotland’s premier point-and-laugh fitba’ forum.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's responsible for that football last night - it was his job to set us up and he made a complete arse of it by picking the most passive midfield I've ever seen.

I know, I wasn't offering a defence or sympathy.

Just having been at Juventus and the likes, his mind must have been blown at what he was watching from both teams :lol:

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s obviously not a positive for our game, and is a poor result, but the opinion that it reflects badly on the whole game is not accurate imo, just as Saints knocking out Rosenborg reflected well on Saints and Saints alone, or Aberdeen knocking out that Croatian mob reflected well on Aberdeen. 

I'm sorry Ali, you're not playing the hyperbole game with enough lustre here.  Good results reflect well on the achieving club, mediocre results on the offending club, bad results on the league....for really bad results we approach "laughing stock of Europe" territory.

As things stand, Kilmarnock have disgraced the entire sport.  Johan Cruyff will be turning in his grave.

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The bit I don’t get is booking up for Belgrade before getting through, and openly boasting about doing it, on a forum such as this. If you were going to do it, because you (mistakenly) thought beating a bunch of Welsh diddies was a given, then keep quiet about it. I do admire the subsequent posts saying ‘still going to enjoy a weekend in Belgrade’. Like fcuk you are. The only reason you will be in Belgrade is because you arrogantly thought your team would be shoe-ins to be playing there. I can imagine multiple Killie fans, strolling around Belgrade, seeing other Killie fans sitting in pavement bars and stopping for a conversation.... ‘Lovely city, eh? Interesting museums, don’t you think? Architecture is interesting....’

Sorry boys, especially for the bloke who is going with his elderly dad - I feel for you, but you should never, ever, have assumed a Scottish ‘diddy’ club would be a shoe-in for anything, and definitely not blabbed about booking for Belgrade on Scotland’s premier point-and-laugh fitba’ forum.

Ach, I'll defend the boys here.  I didn't do this myself, as I'm on holiday when the game is on - but I think there were a few trying to take advantage of cheap flights etc. while at the same time falling victim to exhuberance.

The real roasters are the ones who are now just going to forfeit the cost of the flights (kickback), rather than using it as an opportunity to go and explore a really interesting part of Europe.

I'm absolutely gutted, willing to stand up and take the slagging that last night's performance and result deserved, but absolutely not panicking about the season ahead.

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Ach, I'll defend the boys here.  I didn't do this myself, as I'm on holiday when the game is on - but I think there were a few trying to take advantage of cheap flights etc. while at the same time falling victim to exhuberance.

The real roasters are the ones who are now just going to forfeit the cost of the flights (kickback), rather than using it as an opportunity to go and explore a really interesting part of Europe.

I'm absolutely gutted, willing to stand up and take the slagging that last night's performance and result deserved, but absolutely not panicking about the season ahead.

I agree with this, flights get more & more expensive and you need to take a gamble that you'll get through.

I had bought flights to Trondheim before Rosenberg beat Crusaders.

If it was £200 quid a few weeks ago it would have been £500 today.

Just over 3k at the game suggests some fans were waiting for the next round?
I wonder what the lowest attendance at a European game in Scotland is?

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kilmarnock join Morton in ending a European 'campaign' without leaving the British mainland.

Steady - we were playing Chelsea, who were a real football team.

Killie lost to a bunch of guys who all had to get to work this morning. 

I've been bringing up this point for a few years now....every since we almost tripped over Fola Esch in fact.
These games are physically difficult, and more especially mentally so if you're a one-off European qualifier like Killie/Hibs/St Johnstone/Livi/Falkirk etc. 
I was worried when we drew a Finnish team that was in the middle of their season, because I recognised a potential banana skin. We got through (quite easily in the end), but I'd pretty much guarantee that every single Scottish side outside Aberdeen and the OF would have struggled badly against RoPS. 
A realignment of our season would be nice, but it won't happen. 

Still absolutely rattled by Hibernian I see Bob.

I agree with this, flights get more & more expensive and you need to take a gamble that you'll get through.
I had bought flights to Trondheim before Rosenberg beat Crusaders.
If it was £200 quid a few weeks ago it would have been £500 today.

Just over 3k at the game suggests some fans were waiting for the next round?
Even Gretna got over 6000.

29 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

IJust over 3k at the game suggests some fans were waiting for the next round?

Not sure where this figure is coming from, the attendance at last night's game was announced as ~8300.

30 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I'm worried for you...the stock of players like O'Donnell, Taylor, Power and Finlay had never been higher.  Now without SSC and on the back of that result they must be fearing a horrific season ahead.  You couldn't be surprised if they were on to their agents wondering if there's an escape route.

I don't like to judge coaches on a single result and some have managed to overcome similar situations before but what looked like a bit of a gamble before now looks Cathro-esque. 

I'll look forward to Kris Boyd's views on the performance/result.  

Starting to feel better now but I don’t think I’ve ever felt as bothered by a game of football as I did with that game last night.

You know when you do something stupid that you could easily avoid, let getting caught speeding for example, and for a couple of days you keep asking yourself why you were stupid and get that horrible feeling in your stomach - that’s how I felt last night and I woke up about 6am and after a few seconds I started to get that feeling again.

Absolutely raging.