Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

Holidays for Belgrade booked in. I'm far too cautious to make any travel arrangements before we've actually qualified however (unless we pump them in the 1st leg).
Get it booked, going to be some party even if we don't make it by the sounds of things!!

10 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

802 tickets for the CQN game in Rhyl. Oh hooray

Cue a big scramble for them then

Is there some sort of rule saying that if the game is moved it has to be in a Welsh League Stadium?  I get that Wrexham's stadium isn't available but seems to me it would make more sense to play the game at Chester's 5000 + capacity ground (which is mostly located in Wales) over Rhy's 1500 capacity ground

Edited by senorsoupe

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Is there some sort of rule saying that if the game is moved it has to be in Wales?  I get that Wrexham's stadium isn't available but seems to me it would make more sense to play the game at Chester's 5000 + capacity ground over Rhy's 1500 capacity ground

There is a UEFA ruling that states that if no suitable accomodation for a game can be found in one country then it can be played in another. While Chester's ground is technically in Wales their registered address is in England and they're under FA jurisdiction so it wouldn't be likely. It's all organised now anyway so it won't be changed at this point. 

43 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

802 tickets for the CQN game in Rhyl. Oh hooray

Cue a big scramble for them then

Kickback is saying tickets are going to supporters clubs - if true that is a complete utter joke.   No consideration for those that travel to Killie games, home and away by car.

I have stood with and sat beside the same group for over 40 years - none of us stay in Kilmarnock, nor travel on a supporters bus but we have all been season ticket holders for around 30 years yet we are excluded.  We've all booked up for Belgrade too. 

Massive own goal by the club.  If it had been a ballot for privilege seat holders first, then those who are shareholders and have a season ticket, I would happily accepted the luck of the draw. 

Edited by paul wright scores

On 21/06/2019 at 10:34, Squirrelhumper said:

Booked.

Edinburgh-London-Budapest

Tuesday in Budapest, we've hired a coach (with spaces) to Belgrade on the Wednesday

2 nights in Belgrade

Back to Budapest on Friday, night in Budapest on the Friday.

Budapest-Dublin-Glasgow on the Saturday.

Pump the **** on the Sunday.

Sounds class.

On 21/06/2019 at 16:39, ftk said:

All that way to see a Welsh team emoji23.png

Now that was a good one.

Kickback is saying tickets are going to supporters clubs - if true that is a complete utter joke.   No consideration for those that travel to Killie games, home and away by car.
I have stood with and sat beside the same group for over 40 years - none of us stay in Kilmarnock, nor travel on a supporters bus but we have all been season ticket holders for around 30 years yet we are excluded.  We've all booked up for Belgrade too. 
Massive own goal by the club.  If it had been a ballot for privilege seat holders first, then those who are shareholders and have a season ticket, I would happily accepted the luck of the draw. 
The group of guys I go with are in pretty much the position as you. Season ticket holders for 35 years, don't stay in Kilmarnock and travel to games by car or public transport. I don't get to all of the away games these days and didn't expect to get a ticket for this but I have plenty of mates who haven't missed a game in years and won't get a ticket.

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

There is a UEFA ruling that states that if no suitable accomodation for a game can be found in one country then it can be played in another. While Chester's ground is technically in Wales their registered address is in England and they're under FA jurisdiction so it wouldn't be likely. It's all organised now anyway so it won't be changed at this point. 

I read a quote from one of Nomads committee stating they "wanted to retain some kind of home advantage"

Given their attendance in previous years UEFA cup competition, I took it to mean they didnt want to be playing the match at a stadium where the home team/fans were considerably out numbered by the away support.

Edited by C4mmy31

I seen this on kickback and I'm not sure if the club will do anything with the info (since it's only like 40 seats short) but the stadium in Rhyl doesn't meet the requirements to host a Europa League qualifier. To be classified as a category 2 stadium the minimum requirement is 1500 seats, and qualifiers have to be played at category 2 stadiums and above.

2 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

I seen this on kickback and I'm not sure if the club will do anything with the info (since it's only like 40 seats short) but the stadium in Rhyl doesn't meet the requirements to host a Europa League qualifier. To be classified as a category 2 stadium the minimum requirement is 1500 seats, and qualifiers have to be played at category 2 stadiums and above.

Uefa can give special dispensation for this if need be though.

Point 27.03 in the Europa league rules.

The reality is that we could have easily drawn a team with an ever smaller ticket allocation. 

The reality is that we could have easily drawn a team with an ever smaller ticket allocation. 
Point 27.03 would also allow them to play the game in Chester, at a stadium which met the regulations. It's petty as f**k but if I was on the board I'd definitely explore it further.

Just now, Coooombe said:
3 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Point 27.03 would also allow them to play the game in Chester, at a stadium which met the regulations. It's petty as f**k but if I was on the board I'd definitely explore it further.

There's a lot of *** like entitlement coming from the killie fans demanding we are given more tickets or we move the game. The attitude of "This wee diddy welsh team" should just concede home advantage and allow us to take over doesn't sit well with me.

2 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

There's a lot of *** like entitlement coming from the killie fans demanding we are given more tickets or we move the game. The attitude of "This wee diddy welsh team" should just concede home advantage and allow us to take over doesn't sit well with me.

The attitude of "this wee diddy Welsh team can do whatever they like as we'll roll over them anyway" is just as bad in my eyes. If you're in a UEFA competition then ensure you can play the game at a UEFA standard stadium.

The attitude of "this wee diddy Welsh team can do whatever they like as we'll roll over them anyway" is just as bad in my eyes. If you're in a UEFA competition then ensure you can play the game at a UEFA standard stadium.
It's almost as if you want them to build a bigger stadium that they have no chance of filling just for away fans?

Surely no club has ever done that before? [emoji848]