Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

Their registered ground for European competition is Belle Vue in Rhyl, which holds 3000. If they move it, then another option would be Chester, which is only 20 minutes from Connah's Quay.
Only 1700 of that is seated. What's the Uefa line on standing at matches?

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I mean I already loved Killie because they gave us DT, but I hope you absolutely batter this mob so hard they are banned from UEFA competitions for life.

Add me to this pile. Andy Morrison is a really hateable guy, even more so now that I've just found out he is an official Fan Ambassador for Manchester City. His wiki is clearly written by him too, given it's longer than War and Peace and full of stories about how brilliant he is.

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

UEFA rules dictate that a club can't play a home game in another country, unless UEFA have banned games from being played in that country (like they have done with Israel in the past due to security issues).

Edit: yes, I know most of Chester's ground is in Wales, but the club playing in it are registered as English and that's what counts.

Rule 22.05 says "Exceptionally the UEFA administration may accept a venue in the territory of another UEFA member association if no other suitable venue is available on the home territory", which basically gives UEFA the option to do so if they want.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rule 22.05 says "Exceptionally the UEFA administration may accept a venue in the territory of another UEFA member association if no other suitable venue is available on the home territory", which basically gives UEFA the option to do so if they want.

Yep, but they rarely give permission. I remember a case with German side Alemannia Aachen who are right on the Dutch/German border and got into Europe a while ago as cup runners-up whilst a 2nd tier side. Their own ground wasn't suitable and they asked to play at Roda JC, just on the other side of the border only some 8 miles away and about a 10 minute drive. The Dutch local authorities gave permission for the games being played there, but UEFA refused permission simply based on the fact there were German grounds available (despite them being much further away) and they ended up having to play in Cologne instead, over an hour's drive away.

Do you think we will take more than 2,000?
It depends whether they're allowed to utilise the standing sections. Rhyl's stadium capacity is 3000 but only has 1700 seats (according to wiki). If standing is allowed we'll be fine, if not then it could get shovey.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Their registered ground for European competition is Belle Vue in Rhyl, which holds 3000. If they move it, then another option would be Chester, which is only 20 minutes from Connah's Quay.

All I'm saying is protect your skilful players - if you have any.  Nomads were as thuggish a side as I've ever seen.  Shades of Uruguay 86.

Guest Moomintroll
Games confirmed to be in Rhyl. Let the scramble for tickets commence.
RHYL!! Jesus wept, that is Shortlees by the Sea.

Add me to this pile. Andy Morrison is a really hateable guy, even more so now that I've just found out he is an official Fan Ambassador for Manchester City. His wiki is clearly written by him too, given it's longer than War and Peace and full of stories about how brilliant he is.
Add me to the pile too. Destroy them please Killie!

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I mean I already loved Killie because they gave us DT, but I hope you absolutely batter this mob so hard they are banned from UEFA competitions for life.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

25 minutes ago, microdave said:
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Add me to the pile too. Destroy them please Killie!

Feel free to absolutely smash this rabble, hopefully it'll be a brackets scoreline for you in both legs.