Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Malta is an outstanding away trip, went over to watch West Ham narrowly beat Birkirkara. Andorra was good as well, and easy enough to get to. Even Domzale in Slovenia was a decent away trip. To be honest, wherever you are drawn is going to be good, you are in Europe with your chums. Enjoy it. 

Cheers,i intend to!

Been 18 years since my last trip!

from an outsiders perspective, just somewhere a little bit different for the adventure surely though I can understand why youd want to draw a welsh or NI team,them being gash.In r2 Wolves would be appalling-almost certain defeat without even an interesting away trip to show for it,felt really sorry for Aberdeen last year when they got burnley.

whens the draw again?

Edited by highlandcowden

Yeah you absolutely do not want Wolves, a short trip to England and a pumping. Would be dreadful. Hopefully you get a cracking tie somewhere nice. Even places that aren’t glamorous will still be a laugh when you’re all over there. When we played in Lithuania a couples of years ago, it wasn’t exactly an amazing town but it was brilliant seeing blue and white everywhere and folk you know from back home on piss.

7 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

from an outsiders perspective, just somewhere a little bit different for the adventure surely though I can understand why youd want to draw a welsh or NI team,them being gash.In r2 Wolves would be appalling-almost certain defeat without even an interesting away trip to show for it,felt really sorry for Aberdeen last year when they got burnley.

whens the draw again?

19th June.

If we get somewhere in mainland Europe I'd expect us to take 1,000+ (Slovakia, Estonia etc)

Malta/Cyprus maybe a bit less.

There's about 50 from my bus going regardless of whether it is!

75+ Kaiserlautern boys signed up for the first away trip to and travelling from Germany.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I've got Wed/Thu/Fri of both QR1 weeks pencilled in for holidays - will be absolutely fuming if we end up somewhere close by like Wales.

So have I but Ill just cancel whatever one I don't need though!

Done same for QR2 aswell.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So have I but Ill just cancel whatever one I don't need though!

Done same for QR2 aswell.

QR2 (if we get there) is all down to the draw for me. I need to be at work on the Wednesday before the second leg, so if we end up with an away game somewhere that I can't get to on Wednesday night/Thursday morning then I'll miss it. Hoping we're away first - probably gives us a slightly better chance of getting through anyway.

3 hours ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

On a more serious note, how much is a pint in say.. Armenia compared too faroe islands, that should dictate where we want to go surely

I looked up Armenia, and the extra cost of getting there would probably buy you about 50 pints in the Faroe Islands, even if they are expensive.

IMG_20190608_181234.thumb.jpg.d15a21216755637cf90b4b667a4cbf79.jpg That's the teams Killie could be up against in the first round. The first round draw will most likely be regionalised so probably won't get a far flung Albanian or Macedonian team. Should definitely be beating the majority of these teams. Can't see them getting past the second qualifying round though. Ideally would have been unseeded in the first round to take a seeded team's place in the second and third. 

Edited by Antony

IMG_20190608_181234.thumb.jpg.d15a21216755637cf90b4b667a4cbf79.jpg That's the teams Killie could be up against in the first round. The first round draw will most likely be regionalised so probably won't get a far flung Albanian or Macedonian team. Should definitely be beating the majority of these teams. Can't see them getting past the second qualifying round though. Ideally would have been unseeded in the first round to take a seeded team's place in the second and third. 

No regionalisation for the draw although teams are grouped e.g 6 seeded teams and 6 unseeded teams a couple of days before the draw

The draw is partly regionalised - if you look at previous years, some of the draw groups are put together along regional lines while others are not. So we probably have slightly more chance of facing a northern European team than we do a southern one.