Who replaces Cove?

RossBFaeDundee

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Could the ICT colt idea even happen? Reserve teams can't be a member of a league thats covered by the Professional Game Body ie SPFL, HL & LL. This is why despite winning the SOS Stranraer Reserves were inelligible to take part in promotion playoff vs EOS winner.

Didn't Stranraer Reserves miss out because of an LL rule rather than a PGB rule? I'm not sure about this, but I thought that was the case?

I wasn't too against the idea of Caley Reserves playing in the league because of extra games nearby, until I read this from above.

“The benefits that it would give us would keep our promising under-18s and 19s together as a team, because they’d be too old for the under-18s and we don’t have a reserve side.

“We would be playing against men and organised teams, which would allow players to learn the physical aspect of the game.”

The Caley Jags would impose a limit of two over-age players in their team, who would only play if they were coming back from injury.

Cheeky c***s, put the best reserve team you have out, whatever age, or ask the NCL if they're interested, or the Juniors. The arrogance of that shite.

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Could the ICT colt idea even happen? Reserve teams can't be a member of a league thats covered by the Professional Game Body ie SPFL, HL & LL. This is why despite winning the SOS Stranraer Reserves were inelligible to take part in promotion playoff vs EOS winner.

The possible explanation is that the HL haven't brought their rulebook into line with what is happening with the LL given there is no tier 6 available in that part of the world.

ICT can fuck off trying to put a colt side in the HL.  As I said previously, I'd wager Chris McCart is leaning on us for it based on the fact he has an in via his son playing for us.

3 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

A year at 17 teams for me,ask for applications during 19/20,then get the chosen side in for 20/21.

Feel there's not enough time to bring anyone in for 19/20,so we go with 17 teams for now.

When Rangers hilariously died, Dundee didn't take their place in the top flight until 16 July:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18850864

It's currently May and there's a meeting scheduled for the end of the month. And unlike Dundee or another side that took Rangers' vacant spot, there's no serious threat of struggling at the very bottom for just about any team in the frame right now. 'Not being able to blitz your opponents 6-0 every week yet' really isn't a valid excuse for deferring entry. 

ICT would set a precedent for South B teams to get in at tier 5 (LL). Would piss a lot of teams off in the South if B teams were fast tracked into tier 5  ? This is where the pyramid system is flawed wi so few teams in the North  ? 

53 minutes ago, virginton said:

When Rangers hilariously died, Dundee didn't take their place in the top flight until 16 July:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18850864

It's currently May and there's a meeting scheduled for the end of the month. And unlike Dundee or another side that took Rangers' vacant spot, there's no serious threat of struggling at the very bottom for just about any team in the frame right now. 'Not being able to blitz your opponents 6-0 every week yet' really isn't a valid excuse for deferring entry. 

We also don't know which teams are in the Premiership and Championship for next season yet.

I really don't know why this is even causing a problem.

If the North Juniors and NCL set a new League called something imaginative like The North of Scotland League they do not have to have the criteria for the HFL unless they gain promotion to the HFL. Those clubs genuinely wanting to rise up the ranks can then put in place said criteria over a period of time. Those that don't don't. If a club without the criteria win the league they do not get promoted a la Bonnyrigg.

Are all those ex-junior clubs in the EoSL (and the SoSL clubs) all full members of the SFA and meet LL criteria?

My OCD cannot cope with the idea of a 17 team league - that's just not a number associated with any league anywhere.....
The sooner Atletico Aviemore get their application in, the better for all.

Aviemore away is up there with Oban away in terms of what has the potential to be a tremendous away day.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Talk here of ICT colts playing friendlies with HL teams on their weeks off because of the odd number. And that Banks o'Dee were invited to apply but said no.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-48381160

Shitebags, although maybe time for the HL to wake up from their dormant state and create an exciting league that teams actually WANT to enter

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Shitebags, although maybe time for the HL to wake up from their dormant state and create an exciting league that teams actually WANT to enter

There are loads of exciting games and it it will be a lot more competitive now that Cove have fucked off. Any of the top 5 or 6 teams have a decent shout at the play off next season.  

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There are loads of exciting games and it it will be a lot more competitive now that Cove have fucked off. Any of the top 5 or 6 teams have a decent shout at the play off next season.  

True, at the top it’ll be great next year tbh.

From 7th-8th to 17-18th will be bored stiff by February unless they get a decent cup run

Edited by Spyro