Your favourite ever player

Kuro

Allesandro Nesta for me. Playing Centre half my whole life he made it look so easy and was a handsome b*****d as well!! 

Honourable mention to Roberto Baggio, the first player i ever really remember wanting to see games because he was playing in them until i saw Alan McLaren mark him out the game st Ibrox with Scotland.

Jose Luis Chilavert was a hero of mine growing up. A top class keeper who took free kicks and penalties and who was your standard “eccentric” (ie. a fucking looney) South American goalkeeper. Wish he’d played more in Europe so I could have seen more of him in his prime.

For an outfield player I’d go with Juan Roman Riquelme. He was an absolute magician who somehow managed to dominate games despite playing at walking pace.

Honourable mention to Alessandro Del Piero. Loved him from the days of Football Italia in the 90s and one of my favourite ever football moments was seeing him score the goal that took Italy to the WC final in 06.

Without doubt, in person the best I have ever seen on a constant basis was Payet in that final season at Upton Park. He was just incredible to watch, his little tubby gut just gliding past people was joyous. I can't remember how many free kicks he scored that year (going on record here, best free kick taker the Premiership has ever had) but towards the end of the season we played Chelsea away, he was halved by John Terry. I have never been part of a support who were so convinced someone was going to score from a dead ball about thirty yards out. The celebration when the free kick was given, it was like we had just been given a last minute penalty. 

Even when he was half arsed and wanted to go back to France, he still managed to make everyone else look utter dross. 

The pick of the bunch, I still love the below video, as you hear a few Palace fans cheer as it looks like it is going high and wide, before it just dips into the top corner. 

Italian football was where it was at when I was a kid in the 90s. It was glamorous and the clubs seemed so exotic.  Batistuta always stood out for me . Thuram was another and I begged my auld man to take me to Celtic park to see that Parma side in a friendly in 97. To select just one though it would be Zidane. You could  pick him out so clearly in a game because of his bald spot. His technique with the ball remains unrivalled. 

9 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Italian football was where it was at when I was a kid in the 90s. It was glamorous and the clubs seemed so exotic.  Batistuta always stood out for me . Thuram was another and I begged my auld man to take me to Celtic park to see that Parma side in a friendly in 97. To select just one though it would be Zidane. You could  pick him out so clearly in a game because of his bald spot. His technique with the ball remains unrivalled. 

The highlight for me in Gazetta Italia was always Sinisa Mihailovic's free kicks, it was a big disappointment to find out later he was a right wing bellend. Zidane remains my favourite player he was peerless in his position for most of his career and got sound tracked by Mogwai. Honourable mention to Matt Le Tissier, clearly not the best ever player but his YouTube collection of goals is probably my most watched,