Your favourite ever player

Kuro

Post a video of two of your favourite player of all time and explain a little why.

Mine is a guy who played with a smile on his face, made everyone else smile too, and the only player I've ever watched who always made me laugh out loud at least once every time I was him. He encapsulated why people love football.

The most talented player ever to kick a ball, the innocent, pure, fun loving, humble, the great Ronaldinho...

I get quite emotional watching the fans run on to meet him, with tears in their eyes.  He was an icon to the poor an downtrodden,to ugly as disregarded and disenfranchised people.  He inspired them to think they too could aspire to greatness and he put beauty, pride and dignity in their lives.  A player with spiritual signifance to many who remained uncorrupted by the pitfalls of the modern game and was an artist on a par with the greatest who ever lived.

Ronaldinho for me, too. He was just the epitome of fun football. Guys he played against were at the peak of the game, had been coached to the highest level and this buck toothed wonder would just come along and tear them apart with an infectious smile on his face. 

Followed closely by Patrick Vieira. Machine. 

2 hours ago, stuart87 said:

Zidane for me. Made football look graceful and effortless. I think your favourite player is usually one you watched growing up and Zidane was the man when I was at school.

2006 against Brazil is the greatest individual performance I've ever seen.  Astounding to think it was only days before his retirement.

Brief highlights but I recommend watching the full 90 minutes

In work so can't search for videos, but for me it has to be Robert Prosinecki. Had absolutely everything to his game, and if not for his injury problems would probably have been up there with anyone you can name in terms of being considered the best of his era. Flawless technique, filthy in the tackle, loved a screamer and makes Zlatan look almost apologetic in attitude in comparison. Absolutely f*cking loved the man. Only Ronaldo mk1 comes close.

In work so can't search for videos, but for me it has to be Robert Prosinecki. Had absolutely everything to his game, and if not for his injury problems would probably have been up there with anyone you can name in terms of being considered the best of his era. Flawless technique, filthy in the tackle, loved a screamer and makes Zlatan look almost apologetic in attitude in comparison. Absolutely f*cking loved the man. Only Ronaldo mk1 comes close.

Prosinecki, Boban and Suker at France 98 was a joy to watch

Roberto Baggio.
Gheorghe Hagi.
My 1 & 2. I have hunners to be honest but these are my one and two.

I am also in work so someone post me some videos.

Hagi is up there in my all time favourites as well. Absolutely class player.

larsson.jpg

Without a shadow of doubt. The c**t cures depression and everything.

From a neutral perspective George Weah, Ronaldo Luis Nazario da Lima, Ronaldinho and Messi have all brought me great joy. Although I did once tell Ronaldinho he was shite after he missed a penalty.