Cove Thread

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Have you a centenary match scheduled?

Good question. Don't think we do.

We had a centenary dinner at the P&J Live in Aberdeen with Fergie, McLeish, Bunnet as speakers which was some night.

I'll need to find out if match is scheduled. Would be missing a trick if we weren't 

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good question. Don't think we do.

We had a centenary dinner at the P&J Live in Aberdeen with Fergie, McLeish, Bunnet as speakers which was some night.

I'll need to find out if match is scheduled. Would be missing a trick if we weren't 

There’s a team called Cobh (pronounced as Cove) Ramblers in Cork founded in 1922. Irish league 1. If you fancy a big European game.

Or Lech Poznan, if you really want to test those new stands.

Concerning that McIntyre issued a rallying call stating we're all in this together. Quite the achievement only 4 games into the league campaign; he's clearly way out of his depth. 

What is also worrying is that 5 players missed training on Tuesday night. Mitch, Scotty Ross, Mark Reynolds who all picked up niggles. Blair who will likely be out for a few more games and Evan who has missed the last 2 games with glandular fever.

Without a couple of those back the task to get a win on Saturday increases dramatically 

Screenshot_20220825-161829.jpg

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Concerning that McIntyre issued a rallying call stating we're all in this together. Quite the achievement only 4 games into the league campaign; he's clearly way out of his depth. 

What is also worrying is that 5 players missed training on Tuesday night. Mitch, Scotty Ross, Mark Reynolds who all picked up niggles. Blair who will likely be out for a few more games and Evan who has missed the last 2 games with glandular fever.

Without a couple of those back the task to get a win on Saturday increases dramatically 

Screenshot_20220825-161829.jpg

Have to say I was totally shocked to hear he got another job in football , I honestly felt he was well and truly finished in professional football after the absolute shocking mess he made at dens , 

2 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Have to say I was totally shocked to hear he got another job in football , I honestly felt he was well and truly finished in professional football after the absolute shocking mess he made at dens , 

Can't see him doing well with us. Signings aside being very underwhelming and lacking for this level, his man management and tactics are extremely poor

Cove's worse signing since joining the SPFL departs; about bloody time. Makes Vigurs look like Usain Bolt.

Leaves 1 year into a 3 year deal having punted to Elgin after about half a dozen league games. 

Sure that cost us a few grand to terminate that deal ☹️

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/08/31/ross-draper-leaves-the-club/

Now a free agent. Won't be any takers.

Screenshot_20220831-183111.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

22 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove's worse signing since joining the SPL departs; about bloody time. Makes Vigurs look like Usain Bolt.

Leaves 1 year into a 3 year deal having punted to Elgin after about half a dozen league games. 

Sure that cost us a few grand to terminate that deal ☹️

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/08/31/ross-draper-leaves-the-club/

Now a free agent. Won't be any takers.

Screenshot_20220831-183111.jpg

Thanks 1922.
About time Draper got a suitable move.

Hopefully that also means that space & wages are now available for a new signing or two 

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove linked with versatile Motherwell 18 year old Max Johnston. Supposedly a RB who can play RM and CM.

Nothing official yet, only the story in the Record by Liam Bryce

Screenshot_20220906-145457.jpg

Confirmed as season longl oan

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/09/06/max-becomes-sixth-summer-signing/

Hopefully should be one of stronger signings so far. Won't take overly much. Striker next 🤞

Screenshot_20220906-193306.jpg

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Confirmed as season longl oan

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/09/06/max-becomes-sixth-summer-signing/

Hopefully should be one of stronger signings so far. Won't take overly much. Striker next 🤞

Screenshot_20220906-193306.jpg

Fantastic. If he’s half as good as his dad then it’ll be a decent signing. Hopefully things looking up now. 

7 minutes ago, Geoffs Assistant said:

Fantastic. If he’s half as good as his dad then it’ll be a decent signing. Hopefully things looking up now. 

Promising signing. Interested to see where he fits into our side? Naturally a right back so is he competition for Shay. Doonhamers saying he can play RM/CM.

Although we needed competition at the back I was thinking a CB would have been where we'd strengthen 

Rhys Thomas must get loaned out now, almost a certainty. Banks o Dee?

Striker and that's probably all she wrote for the summer transfer activity unless we loan out a player or two.

Squad now at 21 minus Rhys Thomas who must get loaned out and Balint who's already loaned to Buckie. 

We're desperately in need of a striker. I reckon that will be our last signing of the window. Imperative we find one of the best quality possible. 

Striker wanted, Morgyn out.

McIntyre in the P&J this morning saying that we're looking for our last signing, a striker. Clearly very much needed.

In that article he says with McClelland coming in, Morgyn Neill will be going out on loan. I'm sure there will be a few L1 suitors.

As a result of McClelland’s signing, Cove are willing to let centre-back Morgyn Neill go out on loan.

“Morgyn is used to playing and he came to see me fairly quickly, to say at his age he needs to be playing games,” said McIntyre.

“We said that when we got the right person in then we’d agree to let him go on loan. It’s only fair to let him do that.”

Screenshot_20220917-092257.jpg

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Striker wanted, Morgyn out.

McIntyre in the P&J this morning saying that we're looking for our last signing, a striker. Clearly very much needed.

In that article he says with McClelland coming in, Morgyn Neill will be going out on loan. I'm sure there will be a few L1 suitors.

As a result of McClelland’s signing, Cove are willing to let centre-back Morgyn Neill go out on loan.

“Morgyn is used to playing and he came to see me fairly quickly, to say at his age he needs to be playing games,” said McIntyre.

“We said that when we got the right person in then we’d agree to let him go on loan. It’s only fair to let him do that.”

Screenshot_20220917-092257.jpg

Giving Morgyn Neill a three year deal always seemed a bit odd as while he's a fine League One centre back, the Championship seemed a step too high. To be fair he did well last season so it's fair to say it worked out to an extent. We could do with some height and another centre back and while he might not be a perfect fit for our team of ballers, we could do a lot worse.

22 hours ago, Mr November said:

Giving Morgyn Neill a three year deal always seemed a bit odd as while he's a fine League One centre back, the Championship seemed a step too high. To be fair he did well last season so it's fair to say it worked out to an extent. We could do with some height and another centre back and while he might not be a perfect fit for our team of ballers, we could do a lot worse.

Completely agree.

Was high risk with little to no forward planning. He's got some qualities (height, strength, very good aerially) for a centre back in the Championship but many deficiencies that means he really struggles at this level. Pace is the main limiter

He did well last season in a back five with two other CB's alongside him. Given he's from the Motherwell area Airdrie would work out well him although you lads are flying and probably got equal/better choices already.

Could you move ATS to left back and play Morgyn play alongside Fordyce or McCabe?

32 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Completely agree.

Was high risk with little to no forward planning. He's got some qualities (height, strength, very good aerially) for a centre back in the Championship but many deficiencies that means he really struggles at this level. Pace is the main limiter

He did well last season in a back five with two other CB's alongside him. Given he's from the Motherwell area Airdrie would work out well him although you lads are flying and probably got equal/better choices already.

Could you move ATS to left back and play Morgyn play alongside Fordyce or McCabe?

His strengths are all things we lack but I suppose the concern would be his limitations might be very exposed in our style of play. Fordyce is our only natural centre back, Watson has generally played beside him with Ballantyne now at right back but we’ve looked a bit shaky defensively so far, notably Fordyce who is far from his usual reliable self. 

I’m not too sure what other League One teams needs centre backs but I suspect at least a couple of teams at that level or high end League Two clubs would be after him.