Cove Thread

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Rory wants away, transfer listed..Shocking decision coming off an excellent season for us. 16 goals and partnered so well with Mitch. Gerry is a downgrade.

@mo83 / @As Easterly as it gets!

Screenshot_20220724-172843.jpg

That seems wild. McAllister still looked every bit as threatening last season as he’s always been despite his age. Even as a squad option he’d be worth his weight surely ? Tbh I’m quite glad I won’t see him this season, always loves a goal against us 

Fallout with McIntyre ?

Edited by qpfc

10 minutes ago, qpfc said:

That seems wild. McAllister still looked every bit as threatening last season as he’s always been despite his age. Even as a squad option he’d be worth his weight surely ? Tbh I’m quite glad I won’t see him this season, always loves a goal against us 

Fallout with McIntyre ?

I'm pretty sure he wants to play every game regardless if it means dipping a level or two rather than sit on the bench or get the odd 15 minutes here or there. 

McIntyre putting Gerry ahead of Rory after last season and with all his goal scoring prowess is poor. If Jim has a high calibre striker incoming we don't know about then I could understand it more.

We can't run with Mitch, Gerry and Leighton

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jim McIntyre creating a poisonous atmosphere at a club and players wanting out? Colour me shocked.

So far, not so good it must be said. If we take in better I will stand corrected but Gerry not that.

The squad didn't need major change in tactics, formation and personnel. 

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Would love to see him in a Mo shirt but just can't see it happening......

Petrie should be on the blower to him already.

He'll stay relatively local. No further north than Peterhead and no further south that Montrose. Only other choices I've heard floating around are Brechin and Banks o Dee. Latter two are far too big a drop.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He'll stay relatively local. No further north than Peterhead and no further south that Montrose. Only other choices I've heard floating around are Brechin and Banks o Dee. Latter two are far too big a drop.

Aye because McAllister's career has been all about testing himself at the highest level. 

Whichever souped-up nonsense outfit gives him the biggest wedge of crisp tenners will get him as usual. 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The stars are aligning. MacAllister will come to Montrose, there is no way he wants to go to the shambles that is peterhead, plus I’m confident we will be able to offer him a good wage due to our tiny squad.

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Stopping specifically at Montrose eh?  Exactly that far south? No other high flying part time teams just south of there come to mind?

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McAlister won’t care less about what level he’s at he will go where the best money available is. I heard Brechin were going to go all out for Kane Hester but doesn’t look like they’ve been able to pull that one off so I reckon they’ll go all in on McAlister now 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

McAlister won’t care less about what level he’s at he will go where the best money available is. I heard Brechin were going to go all out for Kane Hester but doesn’t look like they’ve been able to pull that one off so I reckon they’ll go all in on McAlister now 

I heard a Brechin rumour for Rory in May and thought it was outrageous given he was still going to be very much in our plans. 

Not sure what Brechin can offer wages wise but probably similar to Peterhead? Maybe less. He'll want to play every week so I think that comes into the equation too. Both clubs will offer that. 

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I heard a Brechin rumour for Rory in May and thought it was outrageous given he was still going to be very much in our plans. 

Not sure what Brechin can offer wages wise but probably similar to Peterhead? Maybe less. He'll want to play every week so I think that comes into the equation too. Both clubs will offer that. 

They can clearly offer enough, as they've had a "substantial five-figure fee" accepted by Cove for McAllister.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F3527881%2Fexclusive-brechin-city-bid-rory-mcallister-cove-rangers%2F

Ach well, it's ended up being a productive piece of business for your lot then at least. As for the comparison between Brechin and Peterhead, I don't know if Brechin necessarily has more money to spend but location probably is as big a deal. Peterhead are currently getting in Aberdeenshire amateurs while Brechin are paying fees for players three leagues above them, so I think the latter are probably the more attractive offer right now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

They can clearly offer enough, as they've had a "substantial five-figure fee" accepted by Cove for McAllister.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F3527881%2Fexclusive-brechin-city-bid-rory-mcallister-cove-rangers%2F

Ach well, it's ended up being a productive piece of business for your lot then at least. As for the comparison between Brechin and Peterhead, I don't know if Brechin necessarily has more money to spend but location probably is as big a deal. Peterhead are currently getting in Aberdeenshire amateurs while Brechin are paying fees for players three leagues above them, so I think the latter are probably the more attractive offer right now.

He'll knock them in for fun down there. Gone for game time and fair play as could have hung around picking up a decent wage with us just getting minutes off of McIntyre.

Left 1 year too soon imo.

Jim won't endear himself to us getting rid of fan favourites. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye they were going to offer that figure for Hester

Heard Brechin and Montrose both had bids accepted 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye they were going to offer that figure for Hester

Heard Brechin and Montrose both had bids accepted 

Both are ambitious targets.

Down to Rory if he wants to accept the personal terms with either. I think he will regardless if it's a drop in wages purely to get game time.

Montrose is a good option for him though. Must be a pull to still play at the highest level you can  but Brechin, being an ex-club with less overall travel might swing it.

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Both are ambitious targets.

Down to Rory if he wants to accept the personal terms with either. I think he will regardless if it's a drop in wages purely to get game time.

Montrose is a good option for him though. Must be a pull to still play at the highest level you can  but Brechin, being an ex-club with less overall travel might swing it.

Heard we had a bid accepted aswell but can't see him coming to us.We don't have any other player's from the Aberdeen area traveling on your own etc plus a think we train In Dundee now ,he won't be wanting to travel that far for training at this stage in his career.He will absolutely bang them in the HL very good player on his day.

9 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Heard we had a bid accepted aswell but can't see him coming to us.We don't have any other player's from the Aberdeen area traveling on your own etc plus a think we train In Dundee now ,he won't be wanting to travel that far for training at this stage in his career.He will absolutely bang them in the HL very good player on his day.

Brechin train in Dundee too I am 99 percent sure

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Brechin train in Dundee too I am 99 percent sure

Not a clue where they train to be honest.Would love it to happen but just can't see it.