Cove Thread

12 hours ago, thistledo said:

Thanks, that will be huge for us, we've missed a creative/attacking midfielder for probably about two seasons now. He was confirmed last night by the club. 

Looking forward to Cove away next season if we actually get to go to a game! Never been to the stadium before. 

Can agree with the Cove fan. He was outstanding for Cove, very surprised that he isn’t a first choice for his club.

• 2 weeks later...

20 minutes in, 1-0 Cove and Cove look the better side by far. Doidge did miss a sitter on about 10 minutes but just as I write this it should of been 2-0.

Cove look fitter, sharper and our new signings are showing real quality!

Hibs will probably score in the 90 minutes so we need another

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Paul Hartley is a hideous chubby tosser of a man, but that Cove team will do some damage in this league. Certainly look more sound than us defensively based on our game last night and the opening half hour here.

I wouldn't disagree with you about PH!

We're stronger going forward than in defence. Need a commanding central defender to sure things up

Disappointing second half for Cove but we were never out of the game and never looked out of control or inferior. Was an even game after Nisbet scored Hibs' second and the 4th goal could have been anyone's to be fair.

Brora for us next on Tuesday and then East Fife at home in our first ever L1 match

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Brilliant start to the season from cove

apologies if it’s being mentioned already but are cove full time or part time?

thanks

17 straight home league wins since entering the SPFL. It's been a great start. Hopefully we keep it going in the next two games which are Falkirk and Airdrie away

Cove are part time.

17 straight home league wins since entering the SPFL. It's been a great start. Hopefully we keep it going in the next two games which are Falkirk and Airdrie away
Cove are part time.

Some record that, are you all Part Time or are you a hybrid team? We’ve certainly learned in the cups that Cove are no mugs and I’m not surprised you’re doing well in league 1. Should be a straight shoot out between yourself and Falkirk for the league as Partick seem to be struggling to adjust to league 1. Good luck to Cove it’s a good advert for why the pyramid should have happened a long time ago.

27 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Some record that, are you all Part Time or are you a hybrid team? We’ve certainly learned in the cups that Cove are no mugs and I’m not surprised you’re doing well in league 1. Should be a straight shoot out between yourself and Falkirk for the league as Partick seem to be struggling to adjust to league 1. Good luck to Cove it’s a good advert for why the pyramid should have happened a long time ago.

Thistle should probably have beaten us yesterday and by all accounts were the better side against Cove the week before.

On 07/11/2020 at 20:22, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove are part time.

Seriously? It will be some feat if Cove win the league and promotion to the Championship. How will the club cope with such a meteoric rise? Surely ground improvements will need to be made, and possibly full time contracts considered? 

15 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Seriously? It will be some feat if Cove win the league and promotion to the Championship. How will the club cope with such a meteoric rise? Surely ground improvements will need to be made, and possibly full time contracts considered? 

To win the league would be a massive achievement (would be 3 straight league titles and promotions) but we're only 4 games in and who knows where we'll finish. Anywhere in the top two would do me fine 😃

Ross County and ICT both came from HL and managed to get all the way up to the Premiership which is remarkable.

Even if we got to the championship a lot of changes would occur. It's been made public that getting to that championship would probably mean we go full time and I'm not sure all our players would be up for that so would we be hybrid; not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Our first loss of the season and to be honest we didn't deserve anything from the game. Started the match alright but then lost our passing game, didn't have any true width and played long balls to Mitch and McAllister towards the end. 

Falkirk have a very good deep squad for this league and are rightly one of if not the favourites for the title.

I know we are still top of the league and have started the season fairly well but it's clear we haven't replaced Glass who was influential in our style of play and created so many chances. He sat in the hole between midfield and Mitch and had the killer pass.

I think the start of League 2 was our strongest starting 11. We then had Declan Glass, Chris Antoniazzi and Matty Smith.

Our recruitment has been poor in the summer. Semple and Seb Ross as attacking midfielders aren't up to standard. They aren't even getting into the starting XI.

McIntosh and Livingstone are a bit more promising but again aren't going to set the league alight. Certainly L1 is their limit by the look of things.

Broque Watson having played very well against us at Balmoral last season for Annan has been disappointing in a Cove shirt. Dear I say it looks like a L2 player.

Our ex-highland league players continue to be our standouts and Fyvie is a welcome return to the team having put in a solid performance today.

Higgins is perhaps are only PH signing apart from Fyvie who is worth his merit in the squad.

If we lose Mitch for any length of time I worry where the goals are coming from.