Cove Thread

6 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

They were rather harsh on us, blamed the slope(which we don't have) the grass, the wind, the stovies. Not a great tie for us because they will bring feck all support.

I, for one, won’t have any petty excuses like that if we draw or get beat. Win or lose you should take it professionally and show respect.

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Is Redford still on the go? I see he was missing from the squad at the weekend and I know he’s barely played (if at all?). 

Yes he' still at Cove but I don't believe he's taken part in any league game so far this season. I don't think Jordan Brown has had any game time in the league either. Jamie Redman got a few minutes against Elgin. 

Dan Park and Darren Kelly left a few weeks back for Formartine after getting frozen out of the team/squad.

Squad is fairly small to be honest.

20 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Fraser Aird signs a short term deal at Balmoral. Thoughts?

Personally I think it’s another player with talent and can only be good for us. Imperative we keep Blair in the side as his work rate is outstanding. Will Blair drop to right back and Aird on right wing?

Brooks Moorhouse gets the chequebook out again. ! Where have we seen this before ?

15 minutes ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:
Brooks Moorhouse gets the chequebook out again. ! Where have we seen this before ?

Cove Number 1 fan at it again....Give it a rest min!

Ah the secret cove fan 

don’t blame you for switching teams given the state of the mighty mo.😉

• 2 weeks later...

A week and a bit to go before we meet again. Genuinely looking forward to this game as the two games last season showed us to be very good at what we do.

How do we compare this season to last? We lost four players, and those we've brought in are mainly young. and good, which augurs very well for our long term future. We are playing some really nice football again and have yet to taste defeat this season in all competitions. We are currently unbeaten in our last 29 Super League games, winning 26 of them. This season in the Scottish Cup we have beaten Dundonald Bluebell, Camelon Juniors and Kelty Hearts. We didn't just beat Kelty we totally outclassed and outplayed them. They were lucky to get nil.

Like a lot of fans, I think the current team is stronger than last season. We have two bang on form strikers, Shankland with 13 goals and Samson with 12. Shankland is in the form of his life and is deadly with free kicks anywhere within 30 yards of goal. Samson loves to run at defenders and often these freekicks as a result. We are strong in all departments.

Cove are going well and look a shooey in for promotion, and the very best wishes with that. The fact that the mighty Stenhousemuir put three past you on Saturday probably makes the tie look that wee bit more winnable for us. I wonder what the bookies will make of it. I hope you're long odds on favourites as I'll be backing the Talbot. The bookies had us at 100/30 at Kelty, but I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

There's a grudge, no doubt about that, after the last game. It should make for a very interesting game. The crowd could well be the twelfth man again, and I certainly got the impression Cove didn't like the raucous crowd at the last game, right on top of them?

Just now, TFW said:

A week and a bit to go before we meet again. Genuinely looking forward to this game as the two games last season showed us to be very good at what we do.

How do we compare this season to last? We lost four players, and those we've brought in are mainly young. and good, which augurs very well for our long term future. We are playing some really nice football again and have yet to taste defeat this season in all competitions. We are currently unbeaten in our last 29 Super League games, winning 26 of them. This season in the Scottish Cup we have beaten Dundonald Bluebell, Camelon Juniors and Kelty Hearts. We didn't just beat Kelty we totally outclassed and outplayed them. They were lucky to get nil.

Like a lot of fans, I think the current team is stronger than last season. We have two bang on form strikers, Shankland with 13 goals and Samson with 12. Shankland is in the form of his life and is deadly with free kicks anywhere within 30 yards of goal. Samson loves to run at defenders and often these freekicks as a result. We are strong in all departments.

Cove are going well and look a shooey in for promotion, and the very best wishes with that. The fact that the mighty Stenhousemuir put three past you on Saturday probably makes the tie look that wee bit more winnable for us. I wonder what the bookies will make of it. I hope you're long odds on favourites as I'll be backing the Talbot. The bookies had us at 100/30 at Kelty, but I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

There's a grudge, no doubt about that, after the last game. It should make for a very interesting game. The crowd could well be the twelfth man again, and I certainly got the impression Cove didn't like the raucous crowd at the last game, right on top of them?

Cove will be lucky to get through this game even with all their highly paid squad.

15 minutes ago, TFW said:

Good post detailing Talbot since we last played you. We have also strengthen and have been free scoring. Fyvie is undoubtedly a great player and his leadership, strength and reading of the game will be required if we’re going to get a positive result.

The Stenny game (which I went down too - long drive home) wasn’t our finest display. Nothing went right and it was one of “those” days. The defensive mistakes, however, were awful and showed our weakness. Our centre backs and keeper need to be better.

I didn’t make either of the Talbot games last year but what I’m told you are a strong physical side and a couple of our creative midfield players like Antoniazzi and Glass, who are talents, are also a bit small in stature.

Not sure how it will go. Would like to see Mitch be a bit more deadly. He’s scored 5 in 9 league games which you can’t complain about but he’s had a fair few chances he’s failed to convert.

Hoping to get down to Beechwood.

27 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cove will be lucky to get through this game even with all their highly paid squad.

@Aberdeen Cowden - come on give us a break we’re still wounded from our Stenny defeat!! 6 straight league wins and a nice little home tie in the cup upcoming to increase the confidence. See you at Central Park in a few weeks

There's a common misconception about Talbot being a strong physical side, and it being the main part of their game. What we are is a very fit side, and we'll be as strong in the 91st minute as we are in the 1st. We press hard, so don't be surprised to see two players closing down on someone at any time. Whilst we are not overtly physical, we're nobody's mugs.

We are playing some lovely football at the moment, and you can check out the quality of our goals at the weekend when we beat Pollok 3-1 on the Talbot Facebook page, they are all top quality. For me, the Scottish Cup is all about games like this when two very good teams are matched together, and as a non league side we now have the opportunity of gaining our second league scalp after beating Ayr last season.

Both clubs are different, no doubt about that. We have no desire to become part of the Scottish Football League like yourselves. We have an excellent standard of football and our furthest away game is only 50 miles, and nobody in East Ayrshire wishes to sacrifice that for a trip to Elgin on a freezing Tuesday night in winter. As a pensioner this season, I'm paying the princely sum of £42 for my season ticket which gets me into 15 Super League games. It wouldn't get me into two Kilmarnock games just ten miles up the road. BTW, what do Cove charge for admission now you're in the 2nd Division?

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

@Aberdeen Cowden - come on give us a break we’re still wounded from our Stenny defeat!! 6 straight league wins and a nice little home tie in the cup upcoming to increase the confidence. See you at Central Park in a few weeks

You aren’t playing mugs though. Most other opposition wouldn’t give you problems.

I’m sure Cove will be welcomed at CP with open arms.😂😂😂