Cove Thread

8 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

You can have Hester any day. 

Was going to say if he’s cleared of gambling offences then I’d take him but @mo83 kinda beat me to it!

Hopefully the young lad wasn’t involved and gets to keep playing football. If he was then he’ll need to accept what punishment he gets given. Shane will still bang in the goals for you.

Scottish Cup round 2 draw tonight on bbc scotland - who would you like us drawn against? For me I’d like to play Formartine.

Home tie would be desirable clearly but if away could be a good day for travelling fans.

Who would you want to avoid? For me Auchinleck and Brora way but there would be others too

Edited by CoveRangers1922

19 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartley has good experience with lower league clubs - L2/L1/Championship but can he do it in the Premiership? Maybe but it’s a risk.

That’s probably a fair comment. Glass and Fyvie have strengthen us in those areas but is Matty Smith any better than say Dan Park? Is Higgins any better than Darren Kelly? Those, I’d say, are debatable.

Well let’s hope the Hearts result puts that to bed at least for now, big risk taking on a team that are not performing the fans would be quick to jump on the new managers back. With regards the signing of Fyvie that seemed to be the general news back in March before Hartley had taken the reigns of course Willo Flood was also supposed to be signing ( according to they, whoever ‘they’ may be 😂).

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Scottish Cup round 2 draw tonight on bbc scotland - who would you like us drawn against? For me I’d like to play Formartine.

Home tie would be desirable clearly but if away could be a good day for travelling fans.

Who would you want to avoid? For me Auchinleck and Brora way but there would be others too

After arduous away trips in the challenge cup ( most particularly Wales ) a home tie would be nice, hopefully not Auchinleck love the comments of a derby match against Elgin ( 60 miles ) 😂

1 hour ago, Toonsers said:

Well let’s hope the Hearts result puts that to bed at least for now, big risk taking on a team that are not performing the fans would be quick to jump on the new managers back. With regards the signing of Fyvie that seemed to be the general news back in March before Hartley had taken the reigns of course Willo Flood was also supposed to be signing ( according to they, whoever ‘they’ may be 😂).

Yeah let’s hope so. Think Hearts will kick on a bit now after their slow start. I heard he was at Balmoral at the start of the season watching. That was news from ‘they’ aswell!

1 hour ago, Toonsers said:

After arduous away trips in the challenge cup ( most particularly Wales ) a home tie would be nice, hopefully not Auchinleck love the comments of a derby match against Elgin ( 60 miles ) 😂

Fancy us against anyone at Balmoral in round 2 and even the clubs that come in at round 3 (if we make it through).

The drive up to Elgin didn’t feel like it was going to a derby!

On 22/09/2019 at 11:24, CoveRangers1922 said:

Well we got Auchinleck and another away tie to boot! Not the best draw but a great chance for revenge. We’re arguably stronger than last season and hungry for a successful cup run.

Anyone go to Beechwood last season?

Where would you place Auchinleck in L2?

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Well we got Auchinleck and another away tie to boot! Not the best draw but a great chance for revenge. We’re arguably stronger than last season and hungry for a successful cup run.

Anyone go to Beechwood last season?

Where would you place Auchinleck in L2?

You could have put the Cove support in a phone box last season.

12 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

You could have put the Cove support in a phone box last season.

Little chance I’ll get a response from someone who made the journey last year then!

Anyway, what’s the Talbot response like to being drawn against Cove? We’re stronger this year with the likes of Fyvie, Glass, Matty Smith and Higgins and doing fairly well in the league.

Talbot are a physical side, saw that against Kelty on Friday.

Where would you place your team in L2 out of interest?

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Little chance I’ll get a response from someone who made the journey last year then!

Anyway, what’s the Talbot response like to being drawn against Cove? We’re stronger this year with the likes of Fyvie, Glass, Matty Smith and Higgins and doing fairly well in the league.

Talbot are a physical side, saw that against Kelty on Friday.

Where would you place your team in L2 out of interest?

Like Cove we didn't want this tie, but hey ho! Cove will want revenge and we will want to rub your noses in it again due to the disrespectful remarks and excuses by the Cove players after last season's match. You will also see the famous Beechwood slope????????. As for L2 who knows, but If we had the financial backing Cove has then I think we would do well.

8 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Like Cove we didn't want this tie, but hey ho! Cove will want revenge and we will want to rub your noses in it again due to the disrespectful remarks and excuses by the Cove players after last season's match. You will also see the famous Beechwood slope????????. As for L2 who knows, but If we had the financial backing Cove has then I think we would do well.

Welcome to the Club !

cove have a reputation for dissing the opposition when they get beat.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Welcome to the Club !

cove have a reputation for dissing the opposition when they get beat.

They were rather harsh on us, blamed the slope(which we don't have) the grass, the wind, the stovies. Not a great tie for us because they will bring feck all support.

48 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

No surprise to see Eric Watson up to his old tricks again. The guy is a thug and a coward. 

Just saw that headbutt against Wick now. Absolutely scandalous and no place for that in football. He deserves an extended ban. You’d get knicked for GBH if you did that on the streets.

8 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Cove are a very different side now to be fair. Shipped out a lot of the bullies and much more of a footballing side. 

I’d second that. The likes of Watson has taken his headbutting and thuggery skills elsewhere.

Cove of this season are a passing side with creativity and some flare.