Cove Thread

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Six starts and two subs according to our Statto genius. Lost 6, drew 2. No wonder I don't remember him. 

He wasn't very good tbh, I had almost erased his contribution from my mind until I read this. Our whole team back then wasn't very good tbf, we had been relegated the season before and at the end of that season we finished bottom of the SFL for the first time in our history 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

He wasn't very good tbh, I had almost erased his contribution from my mind until I read this. Our whole team back then wasn't very good tbf, we had been relegated the season before and at the end of that season we finished bottom of the SFL for the first time in our history 

Quiz time. How many times have we finsihed bottom of the bottom tier in the last 50 years or so?

Shame that the Cove highland league team is slowly being ditched by Hartley. Park and Kelly the latest to be shown the door. I thought Park looked a quality player when they played us in the play offs.

Going by Ryan Strachans comments, he could be next. Hartley doesnt like players with a mind of their own. 

Shame that the Cove highland league team is slowly being ditched by Hartley. Park and Kelly the latest to be shown the door. I thought Park looked a quality player when they played us in the play offs.
Going by Ryan Strachans comments, he could be next. Hartley doesnt like players with a mind of their own. 

Look at Edinburgh City, there comes a point where you have to move on, and looking at Cove’s scores so far, and having seen them play 2 weeks ago, I would say Hartley is getting it right so far.

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They have 4 loan players. Them's the rules and good luck to those that can take advantage of it with decent quality players, but is it right that 40% of a team's outfield players are not their own?

Don’t see any issue at all. 

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Don’t see any issue at all. 

Neither do I. Makes sense at all levels to have a loan system. Good for players for game time. Good for both clubs. No club is barred from using the system so if you have the funds then it's there for everyones benefit.

They're hardly going to stick with the exact same squad that won the HL to try and get promoted to League One are they.  I mean that squad was good, but not that good.

No team in the history of the world has ever got promoted and not strengthened.  A moronic argument.

They're hardly going to stick with the exact same squad that won the HL to try and get promoted to League One are they.  I mean that squad was good, but not that good.
No team in the history of the world has ever got promoted and not strengthened.  A moronic argument.
Well said....[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

How did Cove play? Can’t find any reports.Was anyone there?

I take you mean in Wales, Cove we’re okay got a bit of a kicking but were told to bring the shin pads. Martin Scott should probably have been on from the start. Let in a sloppy free kick keeper must have been thinking a cross was on the cards, instead the guy drilled it in  beside his near post. Longest bus journey in the world 😂 7 hours each way. Least they can concentrate on league business now instead of expensive distraction. That was three away games Perth, Brora and Wales.

1 hour ago, Toonsers said:

I take you mean in Wales, Cove we’re okay got a bit of a kicking but were told to bring the shin pads. Martin Scott should probably have been on from the start. Let in a sloppy free kick keeper must have been thinking a cross was on the cards, instead the guy drilled it in  beside his near post. Longest bus journey in the world 😂 7 hours each way. Least they can concentrate on league business now instead of expensive distraction. That was three away games Perth, Brora and Wales.

Cheers. No disgrace losing there.