Cove Thread

Just now, AuAl said:

The game on Friday likely to be on do we think? Do Cove have covers and all that?

Looks like Cove made f**k all effort to get the game on, but the weather is to improve here over next few days. Should be fine.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Looks like Cove made f**k all effort to get the game on, but the weather is to improve here over next few days. Should be fine.

Here's hoping. Group of us meant to be staying up there and making a weekend of it. Another call off would be truly shite.

Edited by AuAl

Virtanen joins until the end of the season. Needed a bit of steel in the midfield, hopefully he offers that. Unsure if he'll be a regular, unlikely imo.

I make it we have a squad of 24 now. Which seems excessive. Balint is out on loan at Buckie and I suspect McKenzie will be away.

Even still there must be scope to loan out at least one of Vigurs, Leitch, Masson when we're still looking to take in at least 1 more (CB). Latter is badly needed.

Fox

McKenzie

Gourlay

Demus

Paterson

Neill

Reynolds

McClelland

Logan

Ross

Scully

Yule

Virtanen

Longstaff

Glass

Fyvie

Masson

Leitch

Vigurs

Dunne

Mitch

Gerry

McIntosh

Weston

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Jamie Masson leaves Cove for a new life down under in Australia. His first team appearances were dwindling and this is probably a good time for him to make the move. Wants to keep playing football out there but I believe he's going out there for work/life experience as the primary reason

https://coverangersfc.com/2023/01/26/masson-embarks-on-australian-adventure/

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Jamie Masson leaves Cove for a new life down under in Australia. His first team appearances were dwindling and this is probably a good time for him to make the move. Wants to keep playing football out there but I believe he's going out there for work/life experience as the primary reason

https://coverangersfc.com/2023/01/26/masson-embarks-on-australian-adventure/

Good luck to him. I think off field incident in the past maybe played his part in playing at a high standard but good on him making a go at it in Australia 

17 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Any good ?

In fairness Robbie improved significantly whilst with us and started pre-season and the league cup strongly. 

He's direct, wants to take his man on, has decent delivery and isn't shy of taking a shot at goal. At times for us the game could pass him by. I still don't know his optimal position, he mostly played on the wing for us.

In my opinion he could do a job in L1, probably his level, but the Championship is a step too far for him. I doubt he'll set L1 alight but will grab a few goals and assists 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Queens and Killie fans I know did not rate Naismith at all. A shame, as during his first spell at County he was out best player by an absolute mile. Another player ruined by going to English league one.

28 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I burst out laughing at the cup game against Montrose when Rory McAllister of all people outpaced him.

No way, uggh. The last thing we need is another centre back slower than Rory.

We had Sanders who was immense for us and provided some degree of solidarity to our central defence. If Naismith is as slow as Neill then it doesn't bare thinking about 

10 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Rory McAllister turns into prime R9 when facing us

Rory definitely knows where the net is even if his pace deserted him in his aging years. Formed a brilliant partnership with Mitch. Unfortunately McIntyre ruined that although his time was running out with us.

I think one league start and a handful of cup appearances tells its own story for Naismith. There’s no doubts he was a fine player 4 years ago but his legs are totally gone. I’m shocked that he’s only 28, you’d think he was about 35 the way he sprints. It didn’t seem like he had enough positional intelligence off the ball to compromise for his lack of pace either  

All the best to him, I can’t give you a full rundown on him as he barely played enough but I’d imagine he was one of the higher earners in the squad so hopefully leaves room for a signing before the transfer deadline 

Edited by qpfc

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think one league start and a handful of cup appearances tells its own story for Naismith. There’s no doubts he was a fine player 4 years ago but his legs are totally gone. I’m shocked that he’s only 28, you’d think he was about 35 the way he sprints. It didn’t seem like he had enough positional intelligence off the ball to compromise for his lack of pace either  

All the best to him, I can’t give you a full rundown on him as he barely played enough but I’d imagine he was one of the higher earners in the squad so hopefully leaves room for a signing before the transfer deadline 

Doesn't sound promising. Expectations are very low but will see how he gets on. 

We've now taken in 6 and 4 have been recalled to parent clubs so it's all change and I have no idea who will start, how we'll lineup and how we'll get on. We have more depth and therefore options from the bench but debatable whether we have strengthen. 

I expect we will take in at least one more