Cove Thread

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartley sacked after 3 months and 9 league games in charge.

If it wasn't for us snatching a point yesterday and salvaging a draw against Hamilton I think McIntyre would be gone too and we'd be seriously talking with Hartley to see if he wanted a return.

Screenshot_20220918-133724.jpg

Hartley did well for us (Dundee) to begin with but he when things started to go wrong they went downhill rapidly and couldn’t stop the slide.  He openly admitted after a very poor home defeat against Hamilton that he didn’t know what to do in order to correct things.  

I’m not criticising but last season was your budget not better than most teams in the league (I’m happy to be corrected)?  Would he have quite the same impact if he came back this season?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Hartley did well for us (Dundee) to begin with but he when things started to go wrong they went downhill rapidly and couldn’t stop the slide.  He openly admitted after a very poor home defeat against Hamilton that he didn’t know what to do in order to correct things.  

I’m not criticising but last season was your budget not better than most teams in the league (I’m happy to be corrected)?  Would he have quite the same impact if he came back this season?

He's infinitely better than Jim McIntyre.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Absolutely, although that’s a pretty low bar to set.  

I still think removing 31 goals from a team that scored 53 goals all season (not to mention the duo had 21 combined assists) with one of those being done without Hartley's knowing days before the league season started would have absolutely fucked much better managers than Hartley during his time with us tbf.

45 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Wasn't Paul on a three year deal at Hartlepool? He'd presumably have to forgo a lucrative compensation package to take a new job so soon. Having a relegation on his CV also wouldn't look too good.

Not sure on the length of contract. Thought 2 year initially when I read about the sacking. I doubt Jim will last much longer with us. Without adding another very capable striker we'll continue to struggle. 

Very interested to find out who employs him next. The short stint at Hartlepool will have lowered his stock. 

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I still think removing 31 goals from a team that scored 53 goals all season (not to mention the duo had 21 combined assists) with one of those being done without Hartley's knowing days before the league season started would have absolutely fucked much better managers than Hartley during his time with us tbf.

In Scotland he's had 5 promotions in 10 or 11 seasons. He can get right and does motivate his players to success but appreciate what @Shadow Play says that when things go wrong he can let it slide uncontrollably. Also, Shadow Play is right we would have had one of the bigger budgets last season. With Hartley we could have secured safety in this division I feel and likely pushed mid-table. With Jim it's going to be very tight if we avoid the drop.

48 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Absolutely, although that’s a pretty low bar to set.  

Bar is barely off the ground to be honest.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Hartley was a complete and utter disaster at Hartlepool so I doubt there'll be too many suitors queuing up to take him until Cove next have a vacancy.

He will argue it was the wrong job and he didn't have enough time to make an impact but it's been a grim couple of months down there for him. Nothing at all went right and the signings he made (step forward Regan Tumilty) miles out of their depth at that level.

16 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Quick question re ticketing. If I buy an “away ground” ticket for Saturday, do I have to stand in the small standing areas or am I allowed to sit behind the goals if I want?

Good question.

I don't think anyone is policing people entering the stands like they do for the main stand. Main stand you can pay £2 extra to a steward and get a seat so could always buy ground ticket and chance your luck with the fallback of the above.

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good question.

I don't think anyone is policing people entering the stands like they do for the main stand. Main stand you can pay £2 extra to a steward and get a seat so could always buy ground ticket and chance your luck with the fallback of the above.

Thanks. I much prefer standing but the standing areas are very limited at Balmoral now so I’ll just buy a ground ticket and see what’s what at the time.

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

New signing for Cove....screaming out for a striker but it's another defender 🙄

In the glimpses I saw of Jack for Killie last season he looked decent to be fair. Suspect he might go straight into the starting lineup for Saturday 

Screenshot_20220929-190505.jpg

Just like what happening with us. We’ve just signed Scott Bitsindou - a Belgian born Congolese international defensive midfielder/centre half on a season long loan from Livi. Looks a potentially excellent acquisition but, like Cove, we’re desperate for a striker.

The bottom line is there just aren’t any kicking about.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Just like what happening with us. We’ve just signed Scott Bitsindou - a Belgian born Congolese international defensive midfielder/centre half on a season long loan from Livi. Looks a potentially excellent acquisition but, like Cove, we’re desperate for a striker.

The bottom line is there just aren’t any kicking about.

Saturday has 0-0 written all over it!! Hope not of course. Should be a strong signing a piece. Both would kill for a striker on deadline day!

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You've got yourselfs a smashing player here lads in Sanders. Good luck to him.

Should be in and around our 1st team but it's rumoured him and McInnes don't see eye to eye.

All the best for the rest of this season.

Cheers. Sounds like a solid signing and definitely McInnes is doing his mate McIntyre a favour.

I'd imagine he'll walk right into the starting lineup. Whether he replaces Ross or Reynolds will be interesting to see.

With Doidge, Lafferty and Shaw I thought Killie could be tempted to loan our Innes Cameron even until January. He'd be exactly what we need alongside Mitch given Rory is gone.

Likewise, all the best for the rest of the season. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922