Cove Thread

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Goes without saying no dinosaur who's done the rounds and failed miserably elsewhere.

Agree entirely with this attitude - it'd be stupid to appoint a dinosaur manager over the age of 65, who's been sacked and failed at multiple clubs in the past........ leave Dick alone ;) 

On 02/06/2022 at 19:29, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove season ticket and matchday ticket price information released and as is below.

Think it was £14 for an adult ticket last season so almost a 50% increase. 

I was £187 last year for my season ticket (club 1922 member) so that's up about 35%.

Season ticket without club 1922 was around £230 so up circa 20%.

Imagine our new prices are comparitive to other clubs in the Championship or slightly more expensive.

Screenshot_20220602-192025.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-192000.jpg

Only popped in to see what folk were saying about Hartley leaving but stumbled across this... are you allowed to do that? We (the Pars) wanted to do something similar a few years back but were told we couldn't charge home and away fans different prices for the same standard of accommodation (i.e. both stands behind the goals had to be the same price, we could charge more for the Main Stand but had to be the same for home and away fans) so we were forced to scrap our membership scheme.

8 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Don't want him. No one that thinks our job is a stepping stone.

This is some weird thinking.

Why would you want anyone that thinks the Scottish Championship is their ceiling?

Surely every manager, coach or player should have aspirations of going beyond this level? Every club in this country should be viewed as a stepping stone for any ambitious and talented manager.

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

This is some weird thinking.

Why would you want anyone that thinks the Scottish Championship is their ceiling?

Surely every manager, coach or player should have aspirations of going beyond this level? Every club in this country should be viewed as a stepping stone for any ambitious and talented manager.

While I agree with this, there's also a way to go about it.

A manager making no secret of the fact that they want to manage at a higher level and know that doing a good job where they are now will attract interest is fine. Doing what Thomson did at Kelty where the attitude is effectively "this shitty little club is beneath me and I will apply for every job going in my desperation to get away" is very different and I understand why Cove fans wouldn't like the idea as a result.

On 19/05/2022 at 12:49, Hoose Rice said:

DanSaff. 

On 19/05/2022 at 12:43, Hoose Rice said:

Hartley's offski. 

On 19/05/2022 at 12:48, CoveRangers1922 said:

Woohoo! Where to? Hartlepool?

He's been given a wage higher than anyone outside the old firm as manager.

Good luck to him.

Barry Robson next.

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

He's been given a wage higher than anyone outside the old firm as manager.

Good luck to him.

Barry Robson next.

Interesting. Lure of full-time and the potential to move up the ladder elsewhere if he exceeds at Hartlepool could give his managerial a push on. Money is an extra incentive / nice to have as I suspect he's financially doing alright given his career to date.

Higher than any manager outside the OF is wild though.

Robson, clearly unproven, but ticks a couple of boxes for me; one he's a local lad and two would have good links into Aberdeen and other clubs. 

It's a gamble though as this would be his first serious gig. Worth a shot but would like to.see who the bookies think are serious contenders!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 03/06/2022 at 22:16, Salvo Montalbano said:

Only popped in to see what folk were saying about Hartley leaving but stumbled across this... are you allowed to do that? We (the Pars) wanted to do something similar a few years back but were told we couldn't charge home and away fans different prices for the same standard of accommodation (i.e. both stands behind the goals had to be the same price, we could charge more for the Main Stand but had to be the same for home and away fans) so we were forced to scrap our membership scheme.

Your season ticket prices are expensive I would say. Here’s ours for next season - our 4th season in the championship. I think we’ll be aiming to sell c1500. Yes I know I need to charge my phone.2FF15898-7DB4-41C6-BE2A-8E0707771777.thumb.png.4a19eed81e9e24c609191fd967f0f32e.png

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Your season ticket prices are expensive I would say. Here’s ours for next season - our 4th season in the championship. I think we’ll be aiming to sell c1500. Yes I know I need to charge my phone.2FF15898-7DB4-41C6-BE2A-8E0707771777.thumb.png.4a19eed81e9e24c609191fd967f0f32e.png

That's pretty good value I would say. Our standing season tickets turned out to be £270 and seated £300. With the club 1922 membership the former for me was £230.

* Club 1922 is £150 a year and gets you 2 free tickets, 10 or 15% off merchandise can't quite remember, a yearly personalised gift and some insight from the chairman through a letter or two per season.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s the Kelty Hearts job he’s apparently been offered. 

Believe so. I haven't seen him linked to the Cove role but could be wrong. Was hoping to hear rumours of who's put their hat in the ring but nothing so far. Might be a question for Scott Burns

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's pretty good value I would say. Our standing season tickets turned out to be £270 and seated £300. With the club 1922 membership the former for me was £230.

* Club 1922 is £150 a year and gets you 2 free tickets, 10 or 15% off merchandise can't quite remember, a yearly personalised gift and some insight from the chairman through a letter or two per season.

It’s brilliant value. I think the board could get away with making them a bit more expensive but the pricing (and success) has seen a huge increase in season ticket sales, so if it ain’t broke….

Our price list is actually a little misleading as the standard £240 adult ticket will also get you a seat in the stand if you wish as long as  there are available seats (which there will be for pretty much any league game), on a first come first served basis. The £260 price is for your own dedicated, reserved seat.

Just posted in our own thread sad to hear that Ronnie Brown passed away today...played for you guys and scored a winner against us in an Aberdeenshire cup final if I remember correctly  and ex manager of us when we won the title in 98/99.Must dig out the  picture of when we won the league next time I'm up at my mother's of him and a very young me when we did a pitch invasion(no opposition players were harmed) that made the local paper 

37 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Just posted in our own thread sad to hear that Ronnie Brown passed away today...played for you guys and scored a winner against us in an Aberdeenshire cup final if I remember correctly  and ex manager of us when we won the title in 98/99.Must dig out the  picture of when we won the league next time I'm up at my mother's of him and a very young me when we did a pitch invasion(no opposition players were harmed) that made the local paper 

He's a name I vaguely remember but probably from managing Peterhead around the late nineties. His senior playing career ended shortly after I was born.

Did Iain Wilson take over Ronnie when you entered the SPFL in 2000? I went to school with his daughter. He was some player and remember the awe when he showed up at our school to watch a match. Stellar career that took him all over.

Another good man down, RIP Ronnie.

Screenshot_20220608-195355.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

29 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's a name I vaguely remember but probably from managing Peterhead around the late nineties. His senior playing career ended shortly after I was born.

Did Iain Wilson take over Ronnie when you entered the SPFL in 2000? I went to school with his daughter. He was some player and remember the awe when he showed up at our school to watch a match. Stellar career that took him all over.

Another good man down, RIP Ronnie.

Screenshot_20220608-195355.jpg

Yip Wilson took over fae Ronnie