Cove Thread

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

It was £20 at start Pk last season to walk up. Welcome to the life of having to pay extra to get a budget emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It's looking that way right enough! Sure our budget will be competitive with many others but right now we're being very Aberdonian (tight). Not a sniff of a signing.

Surprised you haven’t announced Considine yet. Thought he was a guarantee to sign for you. Him and Reynolds, presuming he is still there will be a very experienced centre back pairing. I’d be slightly worried if Morgyn Neil is one of your starting centre half’s come the season starting. 

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surprised you haven’t announced Considine yet. Thought he was a guarantee to sign for you. Him and Reynolds, presuming he is still there will be a very experienced centre back pairing. I’d be slightly worried if Morgyn Neil is one of your starting centre half’s come the season starting. 

A part of me thinks that we're in the running for Considine but him signing would only be because he doesn't want to move from the NE. It would be statement signing and might attract some others on the back of it. He should be the only one in that age bracket we are looking at as we need players in their prime.

I hope it doesn't drag on too long and he makes a decision soon.

He would be an asset for sure and much better than any CB we have. Reynolds is ok but limited. Scott Ross I rate higher.

Morgyn Neill (along with Vigurs) is a Hartley favourite and it worries me that he'll continue to play every game for us next season. He's very good in the air, his distribution has improved from dreadful to about average but anyone running at him and he's lacking imo.

Vigurs is effective when we control the ball but at times I feel he's a glorified quarterback and we need more energy and creativity in CM. Fyvie can do the DCM role better.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

C821E3B5-5B56-4645-AB6E-BA4A37144E5A.png

Stooped to an English L2 side. I appreciate it'll be a more lucrative contract and they have bigger budget / fan base but thought he'd hold out for something a bit bigger. Stock was relatively high so can't blame him too much 

Next appointment is crucial! Barry Robson might be on the cards

13 minutes ago, renton said:

Has Kevin Thomson chucked his name in for it yet?

Don't want him. No one that thinks our job is a stepping stone.

I think we'll go for someone local to our area. Who that will be I'm not sure. Robson could be a candidate.

Bunnet was cheekily saying to Keith Moorhouse when he was on stage at the Centenary dinner along the lines of if Hartley goes contact me. He won't move I know.

Goes without saying no dinosaur who's done the rounds and failed miserably elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Considine’s first step into management ?

I thought that and posted it before removing it. Don't think he's done any badges, is that a requirement in the SPFL? If not, it's an outside left field long shot

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I thought that and posted it before removing it. Don't think he's done any badges, is that a requirement in the SPFL? If not, it's an outside left field long shot

Aye wasn’t the deal at Aberdeen including them paying for his coaching badges?

17 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Maloney was my first thought but no longer stays in the area I believe? Petrie fae Montrose might be a shout in the doesnae want to go full time but a step up 

Low probability possibility for Petrie as he'd need to wangle his way out of a contract. No hiding our short term plan is hybrid before going FT providing we maintain our level.

Maloney probably wants FT now as clearly Jack Ross would. Those 2 especially the latter is extremely unlikely