Cove Thread

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed with the location. Not much around it within walking distance so definitely not ideal at all. 

In regards to the ground it needs enhancing. It was never built with the expectation of being in tier 2 within 3 years. A distinct lack of future proofing which was probably cost related at the time. Covered terracing at a minimum is needed to start with if we're not extending the main stand at this point. 

It's much better than Spain Park which has a gym at one side and a railway line at the other. It also has wire fencing  which obscures your view.

Personally I like standing at games and enjoy the proximity to the touchline. The latter It's not going to be viable going forward due to crowd volume.

Looking forward to some Cove vs Arbroath ties I must say

Last time I watched us play Cove was an utterly miserable experience. Pishing of rain. Arbroath team full of trialists. A terrible game of soccer and a 1-1 draw in pre season about 9 year ago

This time we do plan on Aberdeen day out and taxi to ground so hopefully that is decent. Also I know Kilmarnock and Dunfermline have gone which are two big clubs and they’re being replaced by yourselves and QP but Championship is 100 percent a million miles more fun than League 1. 

Even at Gayfield there’ll be 1500-2000 at games. It shites all over League 1 in terms of enjoying the experience on a Saturday afternoon. Those miserable away days at the likes of East Fife, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Clyde etc. Think last year only Montrose and Peterhead looked like decent days out and Peterhead at a push.

We’ve had league wins away at Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Dunfermline, Partick etc etc and being in a couple of hundred away fans and getting it right up 3500-6000 odd home fans is great fun.

You’ll have a great time. Imagine beating Dundee at Dens in a league game only a few years after playing away to shite like Fort William etc.

Superb for you guys you’ll love it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Last time I watched us play Cove was an utterly miserable experience. Pishing of rain. Arbroath team full of trialists. A terrible game of soccer and a 1-1 draw in pre season about 9 year ago

This time we do plan on Aberdeen day out and taxi to ground so hopefully that is decent. Also I know Kilmarnock and Dunfermline have gone which are two big clubs and they’re being replaced by yourselves and QP but Championship is 100 percent a million miles more fun than League 1. 

Even at Gayfield there’ll be 1500-2000 at games. It shites all over League 1 in terms of enjoying the experience on a Saturday afternoon. Those miserable away days at the likes of East Fife, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Clyde etc. Think last year only Montrose and Peterhead looked like decent days out and Peterhead at a push.

We’ve had league wins away at Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Dunfermline, Partick etc etc and being in a couple of hundred away fans and getting it right up 3500-6000 odd home fans is great fun.

You’ll have a great time. Imagine beating Dundee at Dens in a league game only a few years after playing away to shite like Fort William etc.

Superb for you guys you’ll love it 

That game was actually 1-0 to Cove although we created enough to win well. We missed a penalty (Doris I think) and I think it might have been Michael Travis’ first game for us.

My main memories apart from the above were that it was miserable weather, a tight, bobbly, muddy pitch but the social club was decent.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

That game was actually 1-0 to Cove although we created enough to win well. We missed a penalty (Doris I think) and I think it might have been Michael Travis’ first game for us.

My main memories apart from the above were that it was miserable weather, a tight, bobbly, muddy pitch but the social club was decent.

I thought either Derek Holmes or Michael Travis scored? As for penalty maybe Paul Currie?

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought either Derek Holmes or Michael Travis scored? As for penalty maybe Paul Currie?

Nah it was definitely 1-0 Cove. I went with a Dons supporting pal who lives in Cove and he was distinctly unimpressed with us. Especially after I told him we’d win easily as we had a fairly decent side then.

To be fair to him he was at helicopter Saturday at Stirling and also at our trophy game when we won League 1 so I think he’s seen us being good also.

Cove Centenary dinner. 1000+ people across 100 tables, some atmosphere!

Line up of Richard Gordon, Alec McLeish, Fergie and Q&A with Bunnet.

Cove players here, Blair Yule wins £500 Heads and Tails competition. 

Live auction looks to be raising a fair chunk of money. Chris Clark, ex-Don, bidding for the Ronaldo shirt donated by Sir Alex.

IMG_20220520_211213.jpg

What a night and I reckon by my quick calculations of the number of tables and all the online and live auctions that it must have raised £300,000-£350,000 (minus donations).

There were 5 Man Utd shirts all going for about 4k - 5k, Hospitality at Spurs for £6.5k, trip to Monaco Grand Prix for £7.5k, Champs League tickets for £7k, holidays for £3k - £5k and many many more of similar ilk.

Heads and Tails raised £15k

Someone bid £28k for a day out for 4 at a 2022/23 Utd game to be VIP guest with Fergie. 

My one auction win is below, the cheapest item on the whole list!

Screenshot_20220521-082331.jpg

Also announced was ACE forwarding will continue to be the main sponsor for another 3 years.

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/05/21/ace-moments-for-another-three-years/

Got a sneak peak at the new home strip (addidas, blue and gold stripes on the shoulders) and the away strip is similar in style but black with gold.

Screenshot_20220521-092458.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 21/05/2022 at 08:50, CoveRangers1922 said:

Also announced was ACE forwarding will continue to be the main sponsor for another 3 years.

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/05/21/ace-moments-for-another-three-years/

Got a sneak peak at the new home strip (addidas, blue and gold stripes on the shoulders) and the away strip is similar in style but black with gold.

Screenshot_20220521-092458.jpg

Those are easily the best we’ve had for a while! 

11 minutes ago, CRFC Blue said:

Liking both them kits. My boys are already asking for the away one, that doesn't seem to be available to pre-order yet though?

1st July I believe for pre-order of the away kit. Black and gold looks the part. Supposedly we'll have a 3rd strip too

Hello, welcome to the Championship.

Having lived in Aberdeen for most of my life, I have personally known quite a few Cove players over the years and always like to see them do well.

I wish you, in the most part, the best of luck.

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hello, welcome to the Championship.

Having lived in Aberdeen for most of my life, I have personally known quite a few Cove players over the years and always like to see them do well.

I wish you, in the most part, the best of luck.

Cheers. Looking forward to next season it must be said.

A lot of the Cove players in the past especially were local lads as you'd expect and know, and that's still the same today. 

With Dundee and Cove holding a link through Hartley it should make for an interesting few matches between the sides.

All the best for the season ahead. 

20 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

With Dundee and Cove holding a link through Hartley it should make for an interesting few matches between the sides.

You would think so, but our game in the league cup a few years ago (0-0?) in sideways rain was one of the worst I can remember. Was my fucking birthday as well.

Here's hoping this season provides something more entertaining. Expecting yous to do well and reckon you'll finish in the top half comfortably.

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

You would think so, but our game in the league cup a few years ago (0-0?) in sideways rain was one of the worst I can remember. Was my fucking birthday as well.

Here's hoping this season provides something more entertaining. Expecting yous to do well and reckon you'll finish in the top half comfortably.

Yeah remember that game in Summer 2019 not so fondly. Not the most entertaining 0-0 and we lost on pens.

We should do alright next season but need to add 3 or 4 quality players  that will be regular starters as well as strengthen the depth.

Lost our left back, Harry Milne to Partick, so he needs replacing and we also need a number 10 amongst others. Clearly any club coming up needs strengthening and we're the same.

Very interested to see who ends up in the hot seat at Dens. Sure the fans want an answer as it feels like it has dragged on a bit. Maloney feels like a risk but with a budget and a summer transfer window he might well prove himself.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah remember that game in Summer 2019 not so fondly. Not the most entertaining 0-0 and we lost on pens.

We should do alright next season but need to add 3 or 4 quality players  that will be regular starters as well as strengthen the depth.

Lost our left back, Harry Milne to Partick, so he needs replacing and we also need a number 10 amongst others. Clearly any club coming up needs strengthening and we're the same.

Very interested to see who ends up in the hot seat at Dens. Sure the fans want an answer as it feels like it has dragged on a bit. Maloney feels like a risk but with a budget and a summer transfer window he might well prove himself.

Tell you what min your going to have to get some of your mates on board here to sign up ha ha.Good lad and you know your stuff but your gonna get hounded in that championship.

Just now, mo83 said:

Tell you what min your going to have to get some of your mates on board here to sign up ha ha.Good lad and you know your stuff but your gonna get hounded in that championship.

Completely agree. Shocked that none of the other Cove fans can bother their arse to come on here. Don't know what they are missing! I'll try and get that changed for next season.

You going to take Leighton off our hands in a few days? Personally trying to find a new club for him.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Completely agree. Shocked that none of the other Cove fans can bother their arse to come on here. Don't know what they are missing! I'll try and get that changed for next season.

You going to take Leighton off our hands in a few days? Personally trying to find a new club for him.

I would like to think we can do better than Leighton!Had him at the club before never impressed me to be fair.Never heard anything on who we might be signing not sure if that's good or bad. 

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:

I would like to think we can do better than Leighton!Had him at the club before never impressed me to be fair.Never heard anything on who we might be signing not sure if that's good or bad. 

I reckon he'd be a bench filler for Mo. Lyons, Milne and obviously Gardyne are superior and play similar positions. Saw Elijah is away so will be keeping an eye on who SP takes in up top. A natural finisher to play alongside CJ would be a huge boost. Someone like Kyle Connell or Euan Henderson would do well at LP I think.