Cove Thread

Read an article today from Cove Chairman, Keith Moorhouse, saying the below. No idea where 50% of wages to turnover sits with other clubs in L1 or any SPFL club for that matter.

The article also said that due to material costs we won't go ahead with the plan to increase the main stand capacity until the market neutralise.  There will be ground improvements which I suspect will be terracing and it's hopeful this will be ready for the new season.

Obviously doesn't mention what the turnover is, what makes up the turnover etc. Article does say the club we won't overspend as keeping the books balanced and longevity is key..First few summer signings will be interesting.

Screenshot_20220509-192423.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

47 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The article also said that due to material costs we won't go ahead with the plan to increase the main stand capacity until the market neutralise.  There will be ground improvements which I suspect will be terracing and it's hopeful this will be ready for the new season.

Ground is screaming out for a covered shed terrace with steps a'la Ochilview down at the far end over and above the three cowsheds (especially if you're likely getting more than a thousand through the gate most weeks). Not sure it would make it any less cold mind you, but would still be a better viewing experience.

Would make sense to have covered terrace  for away supports that should increase in numbers in the championship. Not sure how big a hospitality set up Cove have it can be a good earner. The club seem to be happy with their finances but it starts going to a new level if spending cash on ground & players, not sure if the home support will change much with the step up but they have got most things right for a good while.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Read an article today from Cove Chairman, Keith Moorhouse, saying the below. No idea where 50% of wages to turnover sits with other clubs in L1 or any SPFL club for that matter.

Obviously doesn't mention what the turnover is, what makes up the turnover etc. Article does say the club we won't overspend as keeping the books balanced and longevity is key..First few summer signings will be interesting.

Screenshot_20220509-192423.jpg

Rule of thumb was to be financially stable you need to keep it below 60%.

But then it is just a general rule. If for example you’re turnover was massively inflated by one or two individuals then those numbers could change quickly.

Cove do well because they are very well fun commercially. They do their annual lunch and dinner which will raise plenty cash. The one they are doing with fergie will generate a heap of cash. Their fan base is not overly huge although that might change as they progress up (and if aberdeen continue to be shite)

P&J article with a headline of

Ross Draper fit and ready for return to League One champions Cove Rangers

Almost fainted when I read this this morning! If he's featuring for us in any form in the Championship I'll be hugely shocked. Supposedly been working as a delivery driver as well as a hairdresser whilst being part time. Honest living and decent jobs which is fair play to him but don't see how he can get game time when he was so far out of his depth in L1.

On 10/05/2022 at 14:06, AndyDD said:

"I get extremely upset by claims that Cove Rangers have bought the success we have enjoyed over the last three years"

Tough titties, mate. 

Yeah never getting empathy regardless. I'm sure he can sleep at night just fine

On 09/05/2022 at 21:32, peternapper said:

Would make sense to have covered terrace  for away supports that should increase in numbers in the championship. Not sure how big a hospitality set up Cove have it can be a good earner. The club seem to be happy with their finances but it starts going to a new level if spending cash on ground & players, not sure if the home support will change much with the step up but they have got most things right for a good while.

Terracing is minimum in my eyes as it will allow more people in and increase revenue slightly.

Heard hospitality is booked out every week but never been myself. The centenary dinner at the new AECC is fully booked at £175 pp and I heard the waiting list is massive. I'll be interested to hear how many people actually attend this. Obviously some big costs there too so how much goes back to the club is unknown.

Exactly we have more of a transition stepping up to the Championship compared to Airdrie or  a FT side as we have ground improvements, switch to hybrid etc. I think the PT thing isn't really that much of a concern providing we have capable players.

Very interested to see the growth in fan base next season. Could be considerable or at least noticeable but will take continued success, however you define that,  for large scale changes. Arbroath I believe used to get 1000 last season and are getting between 2000-2500. Morton game over 3000. Huge uptick

Terracing is minimum in my eyes as it will allow more people in and increase revenue slightly.
Heard hospitality is booked out every week but never been myself. The centenary dinner at the new AECC is fully booked at £175 pp and I heard the waiting list is massive. I'll be interested to hear how many people actually attend this. Obviously some big costs there too so how much goes back to the club is unknown.
Exactly we have more of a transition stepping up to the Championship compared to Airdrie or  a FT side as we have ground improvements, switch to hybrid etc. I think the PT thing isn't really that much of a concern providing we have capable players.
Very interested to see the growth in fan base next season. Could be considerable or at least noticeable but will take continued success, however you define that,  for large scale changes. Arbroath I believe used to get 1000 last season and are getting between 2000-2500. Morton game over 3000. Huge uptick

Been to cove hospitality. It’s pretty good. Similar to montrose.

I heard there was a waiting list of 600 which equates to 60 tables. I would suspect Fergie will be doing it for free. However, there will be large costs but there will be an auction which will raise a fortune. Definitely be a money spinner

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Been to cove hospitality. It’s pretty good. Similar to montrose.

I heard there was a waiting list of 600 which equates to 60 tables. I would suspect Fergie will be doing it for free. However, there will be large costs but there will be an auction which will raise a fortune. Definitely be a money spinner

I heard the same in regards to the waiting list. Don't know how many tables it accommodates but it must be a massive number and a huge money spinner including the auction.

I'm going so will do a count of tables!

I heard the same in regards to the waiting list. Don't know how many tables it accommodates but it must be a massive number and a huge money spinner including the auction.

I went to the cove rangers Xmas lunch back in December. Was also a great day and another money spinner. These events make up for your smaller support.

I would imagine you will net about 70-80k. Maybe more.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Surely not. Where did you hear this? He was in the press a week or so back saying he feels he's got 2-3 years left and wants to play in the Championship

Jamie Masson and Ryan Strachan too were mentioned also.

7 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Jamie Masson and Ryan Strachan too were mentioned also.

Masson and Strachan are both out of contract at the end of the month as is Leighton and Jevan.

Strachan is the only one I'd keep but has been blighted by achilles issues all season and barely featured so it's a tough call if he gets an extension.

Masson and Strachan I thought might interest Peterhead but if not and they want to stay local there aren't many options I guess and a drop to the HL could be on the cards.

Rory still has a year left on his contract and you'd think he'd be competing for game time at the worst even if we did get a high calibre striker in.