Cove Thread

30 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The bottom 6 of the Premiership could get very very cagey depending on this weekend's results. The Dons could be dragged fully into the mix but I think they'll be safe and pick up a couple of wins. 

I'll be at Links Park on Tuesday to see how you get on. Tension will be unbearable even for a neutral.

P.S - Left back recommendations are very welcome. Brody been impressive since he's come in on loan. I wonder if Ian Murray will go back in for him next season

Think it will be the stream for me which I think will make my nerves even more unbearable! 

Paterson is very good and getting better with every game. Good defensively, really gets up and down on the park, great at creating space and overlaps and an excellent delivery. According to Transfermrkt he’s contracted to Celtic until 2023 but he’s 21 and not going to get a sniff there so I’d imagine Celtic would be happy to let him go - whether on a free or on loan again. Would love to see him back whatever league we’re in. 

22 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove announce their latest signing.....

Screenshot_20220429-111316.jpg

Must admit I'm a big fan of Richard Gordon.Spent many a Saturday afternoon in the car listening to Sportsound pre and post home and away matches.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Must admit I'm a big fan of Richard Gordon.Spent many a Saturday afternoon in the car listening to Sportsound pre and post home and away matches.

With any luck he might take over doing the match reports!

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove announce their latest signing.....

Screenshot_20220429-111316.jpg

I really like Richard Gordon, especially on Open All Mics. On the increasingly rare occasion when I'm not making a game, that's my go to, and I enjoy the listen to and from a match, as well. If he's replaced by that absolute dumplin Kenny Mcintyre then I'll no be bothering. 

A good get for Cove and in hindsight not a surprise; he did seem to read out their good results with increasing relish... 

23 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I really like Richard Gordon, especially on Open All Mics. On the increasingly rare occasion when I'm not making a game, that's my go to, and I enjoy the listen to and from a match, as well. If he's replaced by that absolute dumplin Kenny Mcintyre then I'll no be bothering. 

A good get for Cove and in hindsight not a surprise; he did seem to read out their good results with increasing relish... 

Kenny McIntyre would be a serious downgrade in my opinion too. Off the ball and Sportsound are such staples of Saturday afternoons travelling to and from games. He'll be a big miss.

Richard is one of the speakers at the Cove centenary dinner in May along with Alec McLeish, Sir Alex Ferguson and Dick Campbell. Thinking about it is due for Friday 20th May and that's the 1st leg of the premiership final playoff so there's a chance bonnet won't make that one. A few legends there though.

I thought he'd end up doing something for the Dons but glad he's joined us. Hoping for some on the park signings next!

Hartley in the P&J today saying he's looking to be active in the recruitment market which is a given and will be needed. Also there's decisions needing to be made on our players out of contract at the end of this month. Most I suspect will be gone.

Here's a list of some players I'd like us to look at at least or bring into the club.  Many would need to be loans, some could be permanent. Some are very unlikely granted.

Permanent ones I've gone for players who will be out of contract as I doubt we'll pay a fee for anyone.

GK: Kevin Dabrowski / Josh Rae

CB: Andrew Considine

LWB: Lewis Strapp, Adam Montgomery, Steeves (under contract until May 2023)

CM: Sena, Dean Campbell (LWB), Alex Lowry

AM: Declan Glass, Dylan Easton

LW: Ryan Duncan, Logan Chalmers, Dario Zanatta

RW: Kane Ritchie-Hosler, Peter Pawlett, Dom Thomas

FW: Danny Mullen, Jack Hamilton, Gavin Reilly, Shane Sutherland

Who we'll end up getting is anyone's guess. A few stellar signings akin to previous years like Fyvie, Logan, Rory would be welcome

15 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

A few ambitious signings there. Is Considine nae looking for 150k a year!

Yeah it's a wish list right enough, a few might be viable and a few we could get via loan deals.

I never thought I'd see Fyvie playing for us in L2 and Shay was a scoop of a signing along with Rory.

Considine is unlikely as he'll get an offer from a Premiership club. If he doesn't, or does but doesn't want to move away from the North East then Cove is a viable option but it will be on peanuts compared to what he turned down from the Dons.

Elgin likely to keep Hester this summer? Tied up under contract so should do right? His partnership with Shane was stellar.

Yeah he is still contracted. Has struggled the second half of the season partly with injury. The court case hanging over him may put potential suitors off. IMO he is not good enough for higher league teams but would obviously hope he stays. No chance Shane will be leaving ICT either.

On another player, before you ask, Ross Draper, he has returned to Cove, I was pretty scathing when he first appeared for Elgin but when he went back to centre half he put in some decent performances and by all accounts was good in the dressing room. You can see he is carrying is dodgy knee and is finished at your level but would happily see him back at Elgin for another season. Not that we could meet his probable wages mind. Jevon Anderson also looked decent in his few appearances for us but I don’t think he would be a regular starter in the Championship.

7 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Yeah he is still contracted. Has struggled the second half of the season partly with injury. The court case hanging over him may put potential suitors off. IMO he is not good enough for higher league teams but would obviously hope he stays. No chance Shane will be leaving ICT either.

On another player, before you ask, Ross Draper, he has returned to Cove, I was pretty scathing when he first appeared for Elgin but when he went back to centre half he put in some decent performances and by all accounts was good in the dressing room. You can see he is carrying is dodgy knee and is finished at your level but would happily see him back at Elgin for another season. Not that we could meet his probable wages mind. Jevon Anderson also looked decent in his few appearances for us but I don’t think he would be a regular starter in the Championship.

Kane's stock seems to have dipped in the last year and with that pending court case agree he's likely to remain where he is.

Only way I see Shane not being offered a new contract is if Caley go up and they strengthen considerably. He'll be there next season almost certain of that. We need to find the next Rory! Up North is where Shane is settled.

Draper will likely go back out on loan or we mutually agree a contract termination which would be a sore one. Jevan will be released this month I suspect. There is an option for an extra year but I don't think he's good enough for L1 let alone the Championship.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartley in the P&J today saying he's looking to be active in the recruitment market which is a given and will be needed. Also there's decisions needing to be made on our players out of contract at the end of this month. Most I suspect will be gone.

Here's a list of some players I'd like us to look at at least or bring into the club.  Many would need to be loans, some could be permanent. Some are very unlikely granted.

Permanent ones I've gone for players who will be out of contract as I doubt we'll pay a fee for anyone.

CM: Sena, Dean Campbell (LWB), Alex Lowry

Who we'll end up getting is anyone's guess. A few stellar signings akin to previous years like Fyvie, Logan, Rory would be welcome

Can you outbid Manchester City or Newcastle United though?

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

Can you outbid Manchester City or Newcastle United though?

😯

That's that one chalked off! Didn't realise they were both sniffing about Lowry. He was definitely on the very ambitious end of a loan deal.

Probably unlikely to get many minutes at Rangers next season as I suspect they'll strengthen with all this Europa League money they are getting as well as striving to get Champions League football next season. 

A loan of local lad Dean Campbell far more attainable although nowhere near a given