Cove Thread

Congratulations to Cove, especially their main poster. I have been really pleased with our long run, but as we never managed to beat Cove, then the title has been deserved. The games were all close and the edge provided by Megginson and Milne was enough. I could not quite bear to hear the trophy stuff on BBC on the way back but I did later catch your Chairman's ambitions, so I hope to resume the challenge next season.  It will be tough versus Montrose but we will be there. It was also a great pleasure to gub Clyde.

4 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Congratulations Cove, deserving champions. And while Cove don't have too many posters, they do have a very good one in @CoveRangers1922. Enjoy your night! 

Thanks Waspie. I need to get a few of the Cove fans off of Facebook fan pages and on here. It's about time or else I'm personalising the Cove thread to my handle!

Good win today. In safe hands it seems with Chipper, all the best for next season

5 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Congratulations to Cove, especially their main poster. I have been really pleased with our long run, but as we never managed to beat Cove, then the title has been deserved. The games were all close and the edge provided by Megginson and Milne was enough. I could not quite bear to hear the trophy stuff on BBC on the way back but I did later catch your Chairman's ambitions, so I hope to resume the challenge next season.  It will be tough versus Montrose but we will be there. It was also a great pleasure to gub Clyde.

You're looking strong going into the playoffs, have the right man at the helm and fine players. If you go up you have a stable platform there to push on.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You're looking strong going into the playoffs, have the right man at the helm and fine players. If you go up you have a stable platform there to push on.

Let's hope so. If we get past Montrose I fancy we could beat Ayr if they finish 9th and get past Queens Park. I don't feel quite so sure if it were Dunfermline. All to play for. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Let's hope so. If we get past Montrose I fancy we could beat Ayr if they finish 9th and get past Queens Park. I don't feel quite so sure if it were Dunfermline. All to play for. 

I’d certainly rather play the Pars than Ayr. Ayr have shown decent quality quite often in the season while the Pars have ranged from shambolic to decent. The Pars technically have batter players, but Ayr is a better team. The Pars are vulnerable to mentally checking out of matches, so with a two game series, you’d have to say they’re the better choice of opponent.

Now, that’s being said by a fan of a club that couldn’t beat the Pars this season…so your mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I’d certainly rather play the Pars than Ayr. Ayr have shown decent quality quite often in the season while the Pars have ranged from shambolic to decent. The Pars technically have batter players, but Ayr is a better team. The Pars are vulnerable to mentally checking out of matches, so with a two game series, you’d have to say they’re the better choice of opponent.

Now, that’s being said by a fan of a club that couldn’t beat the Pars this season…so your mileage may vary.

Interesting information and next week will let the debate continue. It will be tough no matter who all 4 teams line up.

Congrats to Cove (as much as it pains me to say it lol) been the best and most consistent all season and rightfully deserved champions. With also one of the best posters in the league all season@CoveRangers1922, always welcome for a pint in Airdrie. Hope to see yous in the championship next season. Also while I have the chance would like to apologise on behalf of the decent Airdrie supporters regarding what happened at the most recent game between the sides, frankly wee Fannies who had a bit much Bucky and couldn’t accept a cracking last minute equaliser. Anyway, congratulations and all the best[emoji1360][emoji1360]

2 hours ago, Diamond diehard said:

Congratulations Cove, well deserved title win with us being just behind you. Most other seasons our points total would have coasted the league which just highlights how well Cove have done. Best of luck next year and hopefully we'll be joining you. God I hate the playoffs. 

Playoffs are a minefield right enough and as Diamonds fans are well aware but this could well be the year to make them memorable for the right reason

13 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Congratulations to Cove FC and their fans. Got your squad and tactics bang on for this league and held your nerve despite Airdrie having a right go. Deserved winners.

Also feel if there’s any club in this division capable of adjusting quickly to the Championship it’s Cove. 

Thanks, it's been an epic season with many memories. Never managed a win in 4 games against the Spiders. With the right recruitment in the summer we can hopefully hold our own, time will tell. We need to add some pace and creativity into the side as well as a third striker worth the shirt.

Very interested to see how Queen's go in the playoffs. Still in with a chance of back to back promotions; sometimes it's the team flying under the radar that does go up. An all L1 final would be a credit to our league in general

Cove continue on their mission and well done to all involved.  If the Dons don't get their finger oot they could be in playoffs in few weeks, that would be kinda interesting! If Cove can keep Milne, Fyvie and few others and more importantly add proper quality/experience then they should hopefully be stable in Championship next year although I'd say the difference in quality from L1 to C is more than between any other two adjacent divisions and for that reason I expect Kelty to be in the thick of L1 title/promotion next season.

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Cove FC

This is a much better name for them IMHO.  

Anyway, massive congratulations to Cove [forgotten their last name], particularly the ex-Dons contingent, and also to their main man on here who keeps their match threads going and is a top lad.  

21 minutes ago, resk said:

This is a much better name for them IMHO.  

Anyway, massive congratulations to Cove [forgotten their last name], particularly the ex-Dons contingent, and also to their main man on here who keeps their match threads going and is a top lad.  

I fully agree let's drop the second part of our name. Probably will result in doubling our home crowd when the Dons are away from home or have no game!

Cheers Resk, hopefully you make it a long to Balmoral next season, not in the League as let's leave that until some point in the future. Perhaps a league cup match. 

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I fully agree let's drop the second part of our name. Probably will result in doubling our home crowd when the Dons are away from home or have no game!

Cheers Resk, hopefully you make it a long to Balmoral next season, not in the League as let's leave that until some point in the future. Perhaps a league cup match. 

You might have to groundshare with them soon, giving the progress you're making. Is the club looking to improve the ground? You'll be hosting some relatively big games next season: Dundee and Arbroath for starters. 

10 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Well done Cove, thoroughly deserved promotion. Going to be tough next season but the club deserves a crack at the Championship

Will be tougher guaranteed. The chairman speaking very positively after the game yesterday as you'd expect he would do. I suspect we'll go after some more high profile players and could do alright. It's a big challenge but we should thrive on it.