Cove Thread

Aye congratulations to Cove. Maybe now they'll do the decent thing and both themselves and Logan publicly apologise for their wrongful accusations. They might even want to discipline their ex Police, safety and security guy for causing the whole situation. 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Well done to cove. Been the most consistent team out the two (albeit with my red tinted specs on I would say airdrie are the better team). Well deserved and hopefully see you guys next season

Yeah it’s hard to argue with a team going unbeaten for that long. I’ve said elsewhere that I really don’t think there’s much at all between the teams but in four fairly tight games this season, they’ve managed to score a last minute winner and equaliser against us. Having the quality and belief to consistently do that across the season is what swung it for them. As you say, hopefully we’ll be seeing them next year.

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Fair fucks Cove, fully deserved as much as it pains me to say it. I'm astonished at what you got out of McAllister as well this season, I thought we'd robbed you blind when you signed him.

I thought we needed him today more than ever as it didn't look like a goal was coming after Fyvie squandered a couple of gilt edge chances. Buchanan with an immense block for one of them.

Wasn't a convincing performance, perhaps one of the worst home ones of the season but got over the line. Sons put up a good challenge with nothing to play for but their pride. 

15 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Yeah it’s hard to argue with a team going unbeaten for that long. I’ve said elsewhere that I really don’t think there’s much at all between the teams but in four fairly tight games this season, they’ve managed to score a last minute winner and equaliser against us. Having the quality and belief to consistently do that across the season is what swung it for them. As you say, hopefully we’ll be seeing them next year.

It's been a long battle with the Diamonds. Firmly believe you have a great chance in the playoffs. Break the hoodoo and return to the 2nd tier. 

Montrose though for an opener to the playoffs is extremely tough. I'll be at Links Park on the 4th

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Not bad for a club that were playing literal amateur fitba 40 years ago.

Yeah fair rise. Played Clach almost 3 years ago to the day.

Interesting summer ahead in regards to club structure, recruitment, ground improvement. 

Dons need some competition! Not saying it's coming from us right now clearly as their are miles ahead in most departments but good for the city I feel

Fair play to Cove over the piece. Ended up there today and they just do what they always do - make themselves hard to beat, and make sure their striker(s) take a chance or two and find a way to win. (Dumbarton gave slightly more resistance than I expected, TBF.) I still think Airdrie are the much easier team on the eye, but it's points on the board that count </cliche>. Be interesting to see how much surgery Hartley does to the team. 

Edited by Scorge

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Well done to cove. Been the most consistent team out the two (albeit with my red tinted specs on I would say airdrie are the better team). Well deserved and hopefully see you guys next season

Some win today. Great shot at going up. Diamonds are sparkling

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It's been a long battle with the Diamonds. Firmly believe you have a great chance in the playoffs. Break the hoodoo and return to the 2nd tier. 

Montrose though for an opener to the playoffs is extremely tough. I'll be at Links Park on the 4th

Fingers crossed, if this isn’t the year then I don’t know when is!

I heard your chairman on the radio saying Cove will be going to a hybrid model next season and then completely full-time the following season. It will be interesting to see how that works and how many of the core group who have been at the club for several years now stay. Must be exciting times for you.

1 minute ago, Scorge said:

Fair play to Cove over the piece. Ended up there today and they just do what they always do - make themselves hard to beat, and make sure their striker(s) take a chance or two and find a way to win (Dumbarton gave slightly more resistance than I expected) I still think Airdrie are the much easier team on the eye, but it's points on the board that count </cliche>. Be interesting to see how much surgery Hartley does to the team. 

I'm extremely interested to see what level of risk we are going to take, what players come in and how ruthless we are to let the out of contract players go. We need more quality and pace added in certain areas and more depth than what we have currently. 

Sons defended far better than I expected today but weren't as potent in from of goal as I thought they could be. Good luck in the playoffs. Looks like Edinburgh City (again)

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Fingers crossed, if this isn’t the year then I don’t know when is!

I heard your chairman on the radio saying Cove will be going to a hybrid model next season and then completely full-time the following season. It will be interesting to see how that works and how many of the core group who have been at the club for several years now stay. Must be exciting times for you.

It's changed from a few weeks ago as it was going to be PT next season and then hybrid. I wonder if new sponsorship have contributed to the decision. We need to be able to offer FT (even in a hybrid setup) to some to attract the calibre of player to succeed in my eyes. Hard to fish in a puddle for players when others in the league are casting their net in the lake.

I agree best Airdrie size in many a year. Got a great blend of talent at both ends of the park. Likely 20 unbeaten going into playoffs. Go get it!

33 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Our results against the rest of the league have actually been better than Cove's, by 1 point I think. So in that respect there was nothing in it. But ultimately they out-performed us in the big games taking 8 points from 12 against us while we only took 2 from 12 from them. That's where it really matters and is why they deserve to win the league.

Congratulations to the players, staff, directors and fans of Cove Rangers on their title win today. I may or may not have tweeted (I did) with my usual disingenuous comments re Mr Hartley's appearance however in all seriousness that's been a great season for all concerned. Hopefully the diamonds can steer through the play offs and join you in the championship. Have a great Saturday night.