Cove Thread

Haven't heard that rumour. Good part of me hopes it's only a rumour! Wouldn't surprise me if it was true as an attacking midfielder is on our hit list - just wish it was someone more proven. He didn't set the heather alight at Falkirk.

He has links to Motherwell and so does our assistant mgr Gordon Young. We seem to get a few ex-Motherwell youth/senior players.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

It's from ewan_fife, he's never been wrong.  I'm starting to think he's some sort of wizard.

Secret insider knowledge, like it! We shall see if Leitch appears at Balmoral.

We need an attacking midfielder who can get goals and be creativite. We had Declan Glass on loan and I'm going to compare everyone to him probably wrongly. Doubt many will match Glass who was top class.

Hartley's signings have been mediocre at best since becoming manager. Only 2 of his players are in our best 11 (Rory and Fyvie). Both came to Cove as were local Aberdeen lads wanting to be near home.

12 hours ago, airdrieman said:

When are you going to put @CoveRangers1922 out of his misery and let him know what’s happening with Leighton McIntosh Ewan? 

Yeah this exactly. I want to hear the rumour he's signed for some club as far from Cove as possible! I'd be shocked if any L1 side took a gamble on him.

He was out of contract on 31st May according to transfermarket.

We sign Robbie Leitch. Think he'll have more end product and talent than the likes of Leighton and Broque; not hard! His consistency is apparently not great. Not sure exactly what his best position is, attacking midfielder or right wing. In a four man midfield I'd have:

Masson* Fyvie* Yule*/Scully/Leitch 

* Shoe-in starter

Whether Leitch is good enough to displace one of our existing 4 remains to be seen. We know our midfield apart from Masson offers little in goals but lots in passing, movement and defensive qualities.

A 4-5-1 could well be played but in my opinion we should keep the regular 4 man midfield and target a quality striker to play alongside Mitch in a 4-4-2 as our regular starting lineup

50 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We sign Robbie Leitch. Think he'll have more end product and talent than the likes of Leighton and Broque; not hard! His consistency is apparently not great. Not sure exactly what his best position is, attacking midfielder or right wing. In a four man midfield I'd have:

Masson* Fyvie* Yule*/Scully/Leitch 

* Shoe-in starter

Whether Leitch is good enough to displace one of our existing 4 remains to be seen. We know our midfield apart from Masson offers little in goals but lots in passing, movement and defensive qualities.

A 4-5-1 could well be played but in my opinion we should keep the regular 4 man midfield and target a quality striker to play alongside Mitch in a 4-4-2 as our regular starting lineup

No he is consistently shite.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No he is consistently shite.

Sounds like a bench warmer then. To be honest our best starting midfield is strong without him although a bit light on goals.

If we can get a second quality striker then we'd be in decent shape. Rory as a sub.

On 08/06/2021 at 19:37, CoveRangers1922 said:

We sign Robbie Leitch. Think he'll have more end product and talent than the likes of Leighton and Broque; not hard! His consistency is apparently not great. Not sure exactly what his best position is

Unused sub was probably his best position for us last year.

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Mark Reynolds apparently on his way to Cove from Dundee United.

Interesting and first I've heard. As a lot of our signings under Hartley an Ex-Motherwell player so could well be true. If Gordon Young doesn't know him we don't recruit him it seems!

Reynolds is clearly experienced and would be a decent addition. At 34 you'd think he only has a couple of years left.

I was hoping for news of a striker! 

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Interesting and first I've heard. As a lot of our signings under Hartley an Ex-Motherwell player so could well be true. If Gordon Young doesn't know him we don't recruit him it seems!

Reynolds is clearly experienced and would be a decent addition. At 34 you'd think he only has a couple of years left.

I was hoping for news of a striker

One man fits the bill…

image.jpeg.64141c385c60856b6678897e61d1493f.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

One man fits the bill…

image.jpeg.64141c385c60856b6678897e61d1493f.jpeg

Please no! We already got Leitch from Falkirk - that could well be disastrous enough, going by their fans thoughts, without adding Sammon.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I was hoping for news of a striker! 

Always a tad dubious when an older player drops down a few leagues. If Reynolds does sign then I hope he does prove to be a success and we don't give a 3 year deal! Should be 1 year.

Our best defender is undoubtedly LB Harry Milne who along with Mitch are first names on the team sheet. Scott Ross will remain RB so it will be 2 of 3 from Strachan, Neill and Reynolds. Always good to have competition for places I guess.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Have heard rumours of Ian Vigurs being Cove bound?

Vigurs being an Aberdeen loon nearing the end of his career or certaintly in the twilight of his career so  could well be true.

Would be an ok addition but we have Fyvie, Scully and Yule who play central midfield. Vigurs would boost competition for places.

Would rather target a striker but grateful we seem to be active in the transfer market.

We'll swap you Rory for Kane 🙏

Podcast with Mitch below. Quite similar to the one on Northern Goal. 

A few points, interesting points;

He was offered pre contract agreements from full time clubs recently but declined and extended his contract with Cove until 2024. Would love to know which clubs they were 🤔

He also mentions that the January before joining Cove, whilst playing in the Championship, he wanted back home and was set to join Peterhead in the summer but McInally later asked for him to come in for a trial which he refused as thought he was clearly capable and the rest is history.  Gut wrenching for Peterhead!

Nice to see him praise Harry Milne and call him the best left back in L1 and one that can play higher. Hugely agree with this. Harry is phenomenal.