Cove Thread

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

You’ve got a couple of decent players and must give credit that you came at us like a steam train. Very evident a few players after 45 looked tired, but in Fyvie you’ve a real decent player. Best of luck and you’ll take more points than lose if you can play like the first 45.

First half we showed a few signs of promise but even then looked a bit disjointed and not our normal selves. Did tire in the second half and lose our rythme but I think an improved Falkirk 2nd half performance contributed to that too. Falkirk will be too strong for the majority of teams and I expect a few sides will get a hammering if Salmon, Dowds, Keena get their shooting boots on. Morrison and Alston will supply.

Already I see a divide in this league. Partick and Falkirk are sharper, have more talent and deeper squads(expected in some respects) than the rest of the teams we faced.

Need to step up our game and play like we did in L2 last season. Standard is higher yes but need to be more creative and use the width which we can do.

Need to put in a better performance next week and try to get right back on the winning streak.

Would dearly like to see yous get a result against one half of the ugly twins in the Betfred 👌

Edited by CoveRangers1922

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, peternapper said:

Would imagine it could end up on telly, not sure how tv cash works out this season or the share of streaming if not.

I’m sure I read our televised game against Rangers on Premier Sports made us £26k so sadly not a great money spinner without crowds.

• 2 months later...

Well first game back and it was hard to watch. Night and day difference between that performance and the Alloa game. Rusty? For sure.

What we know is Adam Livingstone is no Harry Milne! He was miles off the pace and yards away from his man at all times. Very disappointing performance. 

Cammy Logan isn't on par with Scott Ross

And why do we persist with Leighton McIntosh. Yes he runs the channels but no end product, poor touch and couldn't score if his life depended on it. 

Need to start Rory and go 442 rather than 451. 

Mitch took his goal well ; about the only positive.

Second game back and we passed it better and looked a bit more composed than the Partick game but our cutting edge in the final third: not quite there (yet). 10 weeks off and 2 difficult games to restart. Thought 4 points from 6 would have been a good tally but undefeated is acceptable.

What is Hartley doing persisting with McIntosh? He's played all 13 league games, scored 1 in the season opener (which he scalfed) and might have 1 assist to his name if he's lucky. His touch is bloody awful too. Surely we must look at stats. What is he offering? Slightly better than Broque Watson but that's not an accolade. Latter looked so impressive and direct against us last season at Balmoral and now hides in games.

Our midfield isn't productive enough going forward. They are doing an admirable job protecting the defence but offer no impetus or creativity.Fyvie, Scully, Yule I rate highly and offer lots to the team but the fact is not a single goal to their name this season. Masson and McIntosh 1 each. Not good enough.

Rory needs to start for me alongside Mitch in a 4-4-2 and we bench Leighton. If Hanratty has potential he's an alternative and should get game time. Connor Smith looked decent and wanted to go forward. Let's start 1 defensive centre mid but not 3!

Harry is a huge loss. Need to start Ngwenya over Adam Livingstone who can't defend or even get close to his man. He will cost us points.

Good to see Scott Ross back in action. Doing a decdnt job at right back. Ross Graham is growing with each game and looking astute.

What worries me is we are relying massively on Mitch. There are virtually no goals elsewhere in the team.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Second game back and we passed it better and looked a bit more composed than the Partick game but our cutting edge in the final third: not quite there (yet). 10 weeks off and 2 difficult games to restart. Thought 4 points from 6 would have been a good tally but undefeated is acceptable.

What is Hartley doing persisting with McIntosh? He's played all 13 league games, scored 1 in the season opener (which he scalfed) and might have 1 assist to his name if he's lucky. His touch is bloody awful too. Surely we must look at stats. What is he offering? Slightly better than Broque Watson but that's not an accolade. Latter looked so impressive and direct against us last season at Balmoral and now hides in games.

Our midfield isn't productive enough going forward. They are doing an admirable job protecting the defence but offer no impetus or creativity.Fyvie, Scully, Yule I rate highly and offer lots to the team but the fact is not a single goal to their name this season. Masson and McIntosh 1 each. Not good enough.

Rory needs to start for me alongside Mitch in a 4-4-2 and we bench Leighton. If Hanratty has potential he's an alternative and should get game time. Connor Smith looked decent and wanted to go forward. Let's start 1 defensive centre mid but not 3!

Harry is a huge loss. Need to start Ngwenya over Adam Livingstone who can't defend or even get close to his man. He will cost us points.

Good to see Scott Ross back in action. Doing a decdnt job at right back. Ross Graham is growing with each game and looking astute.

What worries me is we are relying massively on Mitch. There are virtually no goals elsewhere in the team.

Megginson will have a field day against our defence on Tuesday. We also don't have a midfield and can't score unless we're playing Clyde so you'll be grand for the 3 points. 

I do find it strange that Hartley plays McIntosh out on the wing. 'Sclaffing' shots is kind of, what he's good at I guess? (If you can be good at such a thing). He's got a terrible touch, no real footballing ability and isn't a great finisher (though he can take a penalty). But he gets on the end of things, gets himself in the right positions and if the balls to him he'll probably score. I dare say he'd be more effective for you if he was played upfront rather than stuck on the wing where I'm not sure you can get the best out of him. 

11 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Megginson will have a field day against our defence on Tuesday. We also don't have a midfield and can't score unless we're playing Clyde so you'll be grand for the 3 points. 

I do find it strange that Hartley plays McIntosh out on the wing. 'Sclaffing' shots is kind of, what he's good at I guess? (If you can be good at such a thing). He's got a terrible touch, no real footballing ability and isn't a great finisher (though he can take a penalty). But he gets on the end of things, gets himself in the right positions and if the balls to him he'll probably score. I dare say he'd be more effective for you if he was played upfront rather than stuck on the wing where I'm not sure you can get the best out of him. 

Megginson does look lively and he is normally deadly given a chance. Rory deserves a start in my opinion as played very well away to Alloa where we won 3-2 and looked stellar going forward. 

Cove aren't far away from producing a string of wins. Just a few tactical tweaks.

Agree with everything you say about Leighton. You'll know him better than us give his time at Airdrie.

Airdrie will be desperate to turn the tide on Tuesday so expecting a tough challenge

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Megginson does look lively and he is normally deadly given a chance. Rory deserves a start in my opinion as played very well away to Alloa where we won 3-2 and looked stellar going forward. 

Cove aren't far away from producing a string of wins. Just a few tactical tweaks.

Agree with everything you say about Leighton. You'll know him better than us give his time at Airdrie.

Airdrie will be desperate to turn the tide on Tuesday so expecting a tough challenge

I’m not confident at all with Crighton now suspended and Turner possibly still out too (?). But football is a funny old game so you never know I guess. Although it’s never usually the Airdrie fans who are laughing. 

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Although I fear that it will be more than a tough challenge, is there PPV for the game via the website?

It should be via https://coverangersfc.univtec.com/home, however, I can't see it available there yet. Hopefully comes online soon for purchase

Cove start almost as strong as they can which is slightly unexpected given we are prioritising the league. 

We need to keep it tight at the back, have some luck and importantly have an outball to alleviate pressure.

It starts with a dream.. probably will end in the proverbial tears but the slimmest of chance it could be euphoria!!

Screenshot_20210404-172837.jpg