Cove Thread

Really surprised how quickly Rory went from a class player to virtually zero mobility.

Supposedly he has an ankle / foot problem that needs an operation but even so the change was dramatic.

If he hasn't had the operation yet, now is the ideal time to get it and see if he can get some kind of fitness back.

Towards the end of his time with us he was just on the pitch because of his reputation and Cove probably bought him based on reputation.

22 minutes ago, blueone said:

Really surprised how quickly Rory went from a class player to virtually zero mobility.

Supposedly he has an ankle / foot problem that needs an operation but even so the change was dramatic.

If he hasn't had the operation yet, now is the ideal time to get it and see if he can get some kind of fitness back.

Towards the end of his time with us he was just on the pitch because of his reputation and Cove probably bought him based on reputation.

Exactly how I see it; bought on reputation and would only be starting based off of it too. Hopefully he gets his fitness back as Mitch will need some help up top. Some akin of Rory a few years back would give us a great duo.

It now looks like Peterhead made the right decision to sell Rory to Cove Rangers although I was very dissapointed at the time. He was a tremendous player for us but he had lost his scoring magic touch in the last couple of years. He scored 32 goals in 44 appearances in season 17-18 followed by 16 goals in 44 appearances in 18-19 but only 4 goals in 23 appearances for us in season19-20. Rory will always be a hero to Peterhead supporters and we wish him well at Cove.

Great effort from your guys to make it to Tannadice today on the Winners' Walk. 

Hope they all have a well deserved few pints and a safe trip back north, and most importantly that justice prevails this week and you get your promotion. 

On 18/07/2020 at 20:47, Blue-Toon said:

It now looks like Peterhead made the right decision to sell Rory to Cove Rangers although I was very dissapointed at the time. He was a tremendous player for us but he had lost his scoring magic touch in the last couple of years. He scored 32 goals in 44 appearances in season 17-18 followed by 16 goals in 44 appearances in 18-19 but only 4 goals in 23 appearances for us in season19-20. Rory will always be a hero to Peterhead supporters and we wish him well at Cove.

Rory has been a great player over the years. So sad to see how poor he has become. Peterhead did well to get anything for him.

Hopefully, if it is an injury problem he can get himself fit again.

On 17/07/2020 at 22:28, CoveRangers1922 said:

There just down the road so that's handy. 

Looking forward to visiting Bayview as well even though I heard it's one of Scotland's coldest grounds 🥶. Balmoral is freezing at the best of times!

Bayview is permanently cold, even in summer, fans are always sitting in the shade. But nowhere is as cold as Balmoral - even when it’s sunny!

20 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Rory has been a great player over the years. So sad to see how poor he has become. Peterhead did well to get anything for him.

Hopefully, if it is an injury problem he can get himself fit again.

I was hopeful he'd be a success, and he might still be, but from the few games he did play last season I think we need someone better and this means it will be the bench for Rory.

• 3 weeks later...

When Leighton was with us He looked strong and capable but seemed incapable of using his pace & strength fully, rather than running into a space he tended to wait for a pass to be played then chase it.. Always thought he should have done better but may have matured in the last few years.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 20:19, resk said:

Seb Ross signs - three year deal.

Interesting to see how good Seb is and how he'll fit into the Cove midfield, if he even starts. Our central midfield is currently Fyvie and Scully who aren't hugely offensive minded.

We need an attacking midfielder who can go past players and give supply. We had this in spades with Declan Glass who was outstanding. Is this Seb? Only seen him once against a Cove youth team in the Morrison Shield trophy.

Signed Jamie Semple on a season long loan with recall clause for January.

Genuinely interested to see how he gets on as he's been a name that's been known around the club for ages on account of playing for our u20s when he was 14 and being invited to Liverpool and Southampton for training.

He seemed to lose his way a bit when Craigan was taking the u20s and was nominally shoved wide but since Mo Ross has been taking the Reserves he's been moved into a #8 role - but with Turnbull, Polworth, Campbell, Donnelly and O'Hara having been first picks in midfield he's not had much of a look in.

Hopefully this loan's what he needs.

12 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Signed Jamie Semple on a season long loan with recall clause for January.

Genuinely interested to see how he gets on as he's been a name that's been known around the club for ages on account of playing for our u20s when he was 14 and being invited to Liverpool and Southampton for training.

He seemed to lose his way a bit when Craigan was taking the u20s and was nominally shoved wide but since Mo Ross has been taking the Reserves he's been moved into a #8 role - but with Turnbull, Polworth, Campbell, Donnelly and O'Hara having been first picks in midfield he's not had much of a look in.

Hopefully this loan's what he needs.

We needed a replacement for Glass and hopefully Semple is it. Since Glass went back to Dundee United we lost some creativity in the middle of the park as were playing Fyvie and Scully who are both defensively minded.

Looking forward to see him in action. He played the 2nd half against Brechin on Tuesday night.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Hearing rumours we have Declan Glass incoming on loan for us, I recall a match he played against us he was pretty impressive. 

What were your opinions on him? Pls good news, I can't take another pish loan signing. 

He is tremendous, can't speak highly enough off him. He can goes past people at will and will get many goals and assists. I was hoping he would rejoin us on loan. Major coup for Thistle if true. 

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He is tremendous, can't speak highly enough off him. He can goes past people at will and will get many goals and assists. I was hoping he would rejoin us on loan. Major coup for Thistle if true. 

Thanks, that will be huge for us, we've missed a creative/attacking midfielder for probably about two seasons now. He was confirmed last night by the club. 

Looking forward to Cove away next season if we actually get to go to a game! Never been to the stadium before.