Cove Thread

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

Obsessed, much?

On a different topic. If next season happens, looks like I'll be making my first visit to the new Cove ground.  Being a jakey I was checking out boozers near the ground. The website mentions a fanzone where drink is available. Is it any good, or am I am better staying in Aberdeen before jumping  a bus to the ground?

10 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

On a different topic. If next season happens, looks like I'll be making my first visit to the new Cove ground.  Being a jakey I was checking out boozers near the ground. The website mentions a fanzone where drink is available. Is it any good, or am I am better staying in Aberdeen before jumping  a bus to the ground?

The fanzone is better than it sounds, but personally, I'd stay in the city centre and get the bus out. More choice.

Handily, the 3 bus takes you a couple of minutes walk away from the ground and there's a stop outside The Grill...

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2020 at 10:18, I am Partacus said:

I wouldn't get overly excited about the fanzone. It's a portacabin.
There's a diner type boozer near by (the Wellington) but it's not much of a boozer. There's very little else in the vacinity of the ground.
Best to stay in the City centre before heading out to the ground.

On 15/07/2020 at 13:58, Ludo*1 said:

How was Josh Mulligan for you lot? Would imagine he'll be making the step up with us this season for obvious reasons.

He's a young lad and still developing but I wasn't overly impressed. He seemed out of his depth in League 2 and didn't really have any standout attributes.

I mostly remember Hartley screaming at him to follow basic instruction, track back and keep to his position.

8 hours ago, paddycreggshinpad said:

What did yous make of John Robertson he is looking like he'll be our fourth striker / backup winger

A bit of promise but was our 3rd or sometimes 4th choice striker so didn't get much game time. 

The time he got he did alright, wouldn't say he'll be prolific as a goalscorer and is 100% left footed only.

On 09/07/2020 at 22:32, PortyMo said:

I wouldn't get overly excited about the fanzone. It's a portacabin.
There's a diner type boozer near by (the Wellington) but it's not much of a boozer. There's very little else in the vacinity of the ground.
Best to stay in the City centre before heading out to the ground.

That's a fair assessment. I'm looking forward to attending a new set of grounds this season coming. 

Best L1 grounds for the away fan?

Still 3 months away until the start season but who would you like Cove to buy or loan or what positions do you think we need to strengthen?

I don't think we can afford to keep playing Rory based off of his reputation. I hope Hartley gets in another striker. One without lead in his boots.

Peterhead - want him back!?

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Slim pickings to be honest. Probably Forfar or Montrose.

There just down the road so that's handy. 

Looking forward to visiting Bayview as well even though I heard it's one of Scotland's coldest grounds 🥶. Balmoral is freezing at the best of times!

59 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Are you going to stick with McAllister? He's done at this level, a three year deal seemed mental.

I'm fully aware that this post means he'll score about 8 goals against us this season.

I could be being harsh but I don't think he's good enough especially if we have ambitions of a high L1 finish. Will he take well to sitting on the bench; guessing not! 

How was he for you last season before he joined us?