Cove Thread

How? Fyvie and Megginson (both Aberdeen lads) aside who else will be on a big wage? Hartley too but at the same time I'm sure he'll be flush and would want back into management.

We lost Blair Yule because he was from Aberdeen and couldn't do the travelling. All the best part time players from Aberdeen and the surrounding areas will be at Cove. Understandable that they have a solid part time side.

They obviously look like they'll have the highest wage packet but I'm not sure it'll be as bad as everyone makes out.

Rory McAllister (from Aberdeen too) at this stage of his career getting to train and play in Aberdeen all season aside from 18 away league games is ideal..

Perhaps "eye watering" was a bit extreme but given what McAllister was on at Peterhead (lets not forget he's choosing to leave them and wont be doing it for much less than what he's on) and the fact they are paying a five figure fee for him would suggest someone is flinging some cash at it.

Aye when you think of it how many of their players aren't from Aberdeen?

Fraser Fyvie, Jordon Brown, Mitch Megginson, Blair Yule, Stuart McKenzie, Harry Milne, Ryan Strachan, Scott Ross, Jamie Redman, Jamie Masson, Connor Scully and Allan Redford all from Aberdeen.

Only had a quick look but there only seems to be a couple of players, Jimmy Scott, Daniel Higgins and Tom Leighton plus obviously the loan guys.

That's outstanding to be honest. Basically a whole team from their own city, Rory would be another one. Whereas Peterhead have been getting guys from all over the country in recent seasons. A load of guys from Ayrshire etc.

Fair play to Cove. That's an advantage they have over the Glasgow and Edinburgh and even central belt clubs to an extent and they should use it.

ETA: obviously becomes a disadvantage if the part time players in that area are poor. But with Aberdeen offcasts and Highland League players they should manage fine.
Jeez oh, take your tongue out Cove's bum hole. Them signing all the best players from Aberdeen and the surrounding area isn't some sort of fairytale, it's just the obvious thing to do if you have the money.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How? Fyvie and Megginson (both Aberdeen lads) aside who else will be on a big wage? Hartley too but at the same time I'm sure he'll be flush and would want back into management.

We lost Blair Yule because he was from Aberdeen and couldn't do the travelling. All the best part time players from Aberdeen and the surrounding areas will be at Cove. Understandable that they have a solid part time side.

They obviously look like they'll have the highest wage packet but I'm not sure it'll be as bad as everyone makes out.

Rory McAllister (from Aberdeen too) at this stage of his career getting to train and play in Aberdeen all season aside from 18 away league games is ideal..

A 5 figure transfer fee on top of all McAllister's contractual add ons  won't come cheap. 

They also receive a large amount in Corporate money/sponsorship due to it being Aberdeen, and they probably get the highest crowds of any PT side, bar Arbroath.

Our crowds have been great since the change over in board and the teams started doing well. Clubs been absolutely superb off the park for a good few years now it's very refreshing. 1300 last Saturday for a standard league game with about 100 away fans.

Cove also are in a great place to attract Aberdeen fans, every away game for Aberdeen is a trek so a league game down at Cove would be very tempting: especially with Aberdeen being the way they are. Consistently good but never quite challenging for anything it must be so frustrating being a supporter of them.

Cove on the other hand will never ever reach that level and there's maybe more excitement to be had with them going up and down the lower leagues. Certainly seems more interesting to me than supporting a team who wins the majority of games in the Premiership but never being good enough to challenge or win the cups over the OF. They don't even have a derby like Hibs and Hearts do which is why I think Edinburgh City are struggling massively in comparison.

If I was a football fan in Aberdeen I think I'd be more tempted to support Cove. Pretty sure of that actually.

ETA; although their home ground looks like a pretty shit place to watch football

Jeez oh, take your tongue out Cove's bum hole. Them signing all the best players from Aberdeen and the surrounding area isn't some sort of fairytale, it's just the obvious thing to do if you have the money.

I never said or painted it as a fairytale. In my opinion it is just good to see alot of local players playing for their local club and doing very well.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Our crowds have been great since the change over in board and the teams started doing well. Clubs been absolutely superb off the park for a good few years now it's very refreshing. 1300 last Saturday for a standard league game with about 100 away fans.

Cove also are in a great place to attract Aberdeen fans, every away game for Aberdeen is a trek so a league game down at Cove would be very tempting: especially with Aberdeen being the way they are. Consistently good but never quite challenging for anything it must be so frustrating being a supporter of them.

Cove on the other hand will never ever reach that level and there's maybe more excitement to be had with them going up and down the lower leagues. Certainly seems more interesting to me than supporting a team who wins the majority of games in the Premiership but never being good enough to challenge or win the cups over the OF. They don't even have a derby like Hibs and Hearts do which is why I think Edinburgh City are struggling massively in comparison.

If I was a football fan in Aberdeen I think I'd be more tempted to support Cove. Pretty sure of that actually.

ETA; although their home ground looks like a pretty shit place to watch football

Watching, or trying to watch, a game at Cove is certainly an experience.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Watching, or trying to watch, a game at Cove is certainly an experience.

Yup

you either get to pay extra for the privilege of sitting in a small stand with a bevvy of pissed hospitality oilmen or try and get a vantage point on flat ground amongst wall to wall advertising boards in front and behind you.

Yup
you either get to pay extra for the privilege of sitting in a small stand with a bevvy of pissed hospitality oilmen or try and get a vantage point on flat ground amongst wall to wall advertising boards in front and behind you.

Only seen it on the highlights but it looks like it would be vastly superior if they followed what Annan have at Galabank. Raised concrete platforms or a small terracing. Pretty shit view when you're level with the park.

Would take weetoonlads post with a pinch of salt, it was only the other day he assured everyone that the rearranged Alloa v Arbroath tie would not take place a week on Tuesday

For it to be announced that the game would indeed take place a week on Tuesday

I was actually convinced McAllister would be going to Cove until he said that his 'contacts' had told him that
Zoomer