Cove Thread

3 hours ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

Ex Hamilton player Kemy Agustine currently linked with Cove Rangers after possibly move to Inverness fell through.

I hope not. Would love to see Shane Sutherland or Kane Hester. Both are quality strikers and could play in the championship. Latter reminds me of Bellamy in his early days. Clearly his gambling antics isn’t ideal but saying that he fit in quite well at Cove it seems!

11 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I hope not. Would love to see Shane Sutherland or Kane Hester. Both are quality strikers and could play in the championship. Latter reminds me of Bellamy in his early days. Clearly his gambling antics isn’t ideal but saying that he fit in quite well at Cove it seems!

Sutherland has been eating too many pies. He’s huge.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Take it from me neither could play in the Championship and the only place Hester might go is to jail unfortunately.

You are watching them week in and out where as I only see them against us, on a rare cup game on tv or on YouTube etc so I bow to your knowledge. 

I like Kane’s speed, his desire to break past the defensive line. There is potential there and a striker that is fairly unique in the lower leagues.  I tip him to score today!

In Shane I see a natural finisher, decent in the air and someone that can hold the ball up.

Both are far better than Jimmy Scott, Jordan Brown and John Robertson. The latter is a young lad who does have talent and might do well for himself with some dedication and the right guidance.

20 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not saying. Cove would try and sign them. Glass was impressive but only seen him twice.

Glass is a talent. Hoping he stays beyond Jan as will he get first team action before the end of the season with the Arabs? Next season they will strengthen and it will be even more difficult to get in the team. Appreciate that he wants to be at a full time club and breakthrough.

Hester in the championship, now that’s laughable

1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

Hardly the worst thing ever seen. In any case, Clyde will take him.

Any word on where he will end up,   wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the states for the rest of the season.   I think most clubs in League 1 would take him right enough. Interesting

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Any word on where he will end up,   wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the states for the rest of the season.   I think most clubs in League 1 would take him right enough. Interesting

cove PR department hit the self destruct button - why wouldn't they just let the guy leave in few days (hours) time when his deal runs out, now they have what I can only imagine will be a shower of unwanted attention and the resurfacing article with Hartley will take a lot of explaining away - probably along the lines of oh well he said those things before he was a Cove employee, but people in lots of positions are being binned for things they said eons ago...

8 minutes ago, marello said:

cove PR department hit the self destruct button - why wouldn't they just let the guy leave in few days (hours) time when his deal runs out, now they have what I can only imagine will be a shower of unwanted attention and the resurfacing article with Hartley will take a lot of explaining away - probably along the lines of oh well he said those things before he was a Cove employee, but people in lots of positions are being binned for things they said eons ago...

Not much hypocrisy there by Cove after some of their “employees “ behaviour, especially their last manager.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/cove-rangers-fc/cove-rangers-axe-fraser-aird-after-gesture-during-celtic-rangers-clash-caught-camera/

The more clubs who publicly out Fraser Aird as a raging bigot the better.

This is a minor offence compared to him joining in an Orange March, and singing "f**k the pope" in a pub, though.