Cove Thread

On 11/10/2019 at 14:40, Muzza81 said:

Your extremely defensive mind set seems to optimise WoS Junior fans.

Ayrshire - never forget the Talbot and Glenafton fans on here who equated those East clubs that progressed to the Nazis and that loon on Twitter who continually talks of betrayal  and those Nazi lovers who threw the huff and went off to set up their own forum as people on here refused to suck the boaby of a dying SJFA and told them the truth etc.

Weird behaviour from an insular set of fans who cant see beyond Ayrshire and who are watching the dying days of their clubs having any sort of relevance.

9 hours ago, Jason King said:

You play in a backwater league structure that is dying. Can never understand the Ayrshire mentality of wanting to win tinpot trophies over the chance of progression as a whole for clubs. Those that left the Juniors have flourished whilst those that remain circle ever closer every year to the drain of history.

Football is football, doesn't matter what level it is and its a crying shame to see posters such as yourself who would rather their team were an irrelevance than take up the opportunity of making something of themselves. Sad.

We actually play in the best grade of Scottish non league football. The Junior Cup and Super League trophies can hardly be classed as tinpot trophies. The clubs that left the Juniors have flourished....that's why we've beaten three of them in the Scottish Cup this season. A for Talbot being an irrelevance, you're living in cloud cuckoo land and you know it. Jealousy is a terrible emotion. BTW, I managed to get a bet on a Talbot home win at 8-1 today before the betting was suspended because everyone was throwing money at it when the odds were announced. Roll on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Jason King said:

Ayrshire - never forget the Talbot and Glenafton fans on here who equated those East clubs that progressed to the Nazis and that loon on Twitter who continually talks of betrayal  and those Nazi lovers who threw the huff and went off to set up their own forum as people on here refused to suck the boaby of a dying SJFA and told them the truth etc.

Weird behaviour from an insular set of fans who cant see beyond Ayrshire and who are watching the dying days of their clubs having any sort of relevance.

With a Jason King avatar I would have been more than somewhat reluctant to use the term "to suck the boaby etc" A bit too close to home for comfort?

Met some very pleasant Cove fans today in the Programme Hut, who helped swell our Regeneration Fund coffers with their badge buying. Hope you have a decent journey home and a successful league season. Best footballing team seen at Beechwood for many a year, but only up to the 18 yard box. Get that right you'll be first division next season no problem.

On 16/10/2019 at 19:40, TFW said:

We actually play in the best grade of Scottish non league football. The Junior Cup and Super League trophies can hardly be classed as tinpot trophies. The clubs that left the Juniors have flourished....that's why we've beaten three of them in the Scottish Cup this season. A for Talbot being an irrelevance, you're living in cloud cuckoo land and you know it. Jealousy is a terrible emotion. BTW, I managed to get a bet on a Talbot home win at 8-1 today before the betting was suspended because everyone was throwing money at it when the odds were announced. Roll on Saturday.

I got 4-1 last night. Ridiculously massive price, bookies got that severely wrong.

On 11/10/2019 at 13:41, TFW said:

Shows his complete lack of understanding what being a non league club is all about. I suppose we are a big fish in a small pond, but that's only because the clubs from the East jumped ship because they couldn't win the Junior Cup. I love non league football, I don't like the senior game in Scotland at all, and will travel south of the border a couple of times per season midweek to watch my home town team Grimsby. In 28 years, I have seen just perhaps about a dozen Scottish League games, mainly at Gretna and QOTS, which are not too far away from me. I don't watch the highlights of Scottish League games at all, and I doubt I could name half a dozen or so players in the SFL. I have no interest in it whatsoever.

Non League football I love, and I go to watch the occasional midweek or pre season friendly  game at Threave Rovers, Dalbeattie Star and Heston Rovers, all of which are about 30 minutes away from me. You can keep the SFL  as far as I'm concerned. I'll be wherever Talbot are EVERY weekend, that'll do me. If we win something that's great, but it's not the be all and end all for me. What is happening at Cove, I think, might be sustainable and you certainly have the money to throw about to progress higher, but to do what? Nobody's going to win the SPL bar Rangers or Celtic, that's pre-determined every season. If you get into the SPL, you won't be able to compete with the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or the like. Keep it, and your misguided dreams of glory, Beechwood for me!

You'll find fans up and down the country who'll say the same thing about the Championship, League One, League Two, the Highland League and the Lowland League.

31 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

You'll find fans up and down the country who'll say the same thing about the Championship, League One, League Two, the Highland League and the Lowland League.

"No-one's gonna win the SPL other than Rangers or Celtic"

Don't think anyone is going to win the SPL at all tbh.

57 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Talbot would be off their trolley to leave the Juniors. Their infrastructure is great for that set-up but they don't have the potential fan base or a millionaire backing them like Cove do to prosper in the SPFL.

Yeah, all 42 SPFL teams either have a millionaire backing them or an average gate of 40k. Always forget about that. 

• 1 month later...