Cove Thread

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Apologies if this has been covered in-between the bickering but I believe the Cove physio has quit because of Mr Hartley. Could be Aberdeen based rumours however...

Wouldn’t surprise me, he got rid of the female Dundee physio when he was there. I think she sued for wrongful dismissal.

You've signed a young attacker from St Johnstone called John Robertson.

Sure he made his senior debut for us at 16, and there were rumours he was on trial at EFL Championship sides this Summer. Seemingly prolific for our youth side but greedy as f**k, hopefully you'll teach him the ropes of the senior game.

You've signed a young attacker from St Johnstone called John Robertson.
Sure he made his senior debut for us at 16, and there were rumours he was on trial at EFL Championship sides this Summer. Seemingly prolific for our youth side but greedy as f**k, hopefully you'll teach him the ropes of the senior game.

I remember a greedy-as-f**k young striker who was on loan to us from Accies. Eamonn Brophy. Now got a Scotland cap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2019 at 09:15, Thom & Gerry said:

Don’t think so. Gretna were one mans money. Cove have a few backers. There will be a ceiling for them though just like everyone else.

With what just happened to Bury (and so nearly happened to Bolton) due to alleged financial mismanagement, making sure the books balance and the financial ceiling isn’t breached has to be top priority. Or am I just a boring accountant?

11 minutes ago, 1922 was a good year said:

With what just happened to Bury (and so nearly happened to Bolton) due to alleged financial mismanagement, making sure the books balance and the financial ceiling isn’t breached has to be top priority. Or am I just a boring accountant?

Plenty dosh sloshing about. Only problem will be if Keith Shithouse has a heart attack and snuffs it. 

A look through published accounts show a number of clubs only kept solvent thanks to loans from directors. How some of the newer clubs like BSC and Edusport pay the bills and compete at a reasonable level with no regular turnstile income beats me.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Would Edusport be part funde by students paying fees?

They've rebranded themselves as Caledonian Braves in the Lowland with their Edusport Academy reseres team still operating in the South of Scotland league. The reserves are tied to the academy. The senior team broke away last year. The man who started it all had a target of reaching the Premiership by 2025. He's also the guy behind Our Football Club.com. Chris Ewing, ex-Motherwell. Poor man's Richard Branson.

https://ourfootballclub.com/