Cove Thread

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Historically the two supports don't seem to coincide in any way. Ā CoveĀ  were said to haveĀ asked when they joined the SHFL that their games be scheduled to coincide with Aberdeen away games, but the then-Inverness/NorthĀ heavy Highland League gave that suggestion the respect it deserved. The folk I know who go to Cove games aren't likely to attend Aberdeen games, and the Dons fans I know either don't care about Cove or have no intention of going to see them.Ā 

I imagine you'll get a lot of interested neutrals at event fixtures - first homer, first game against Cowdenbeath, etc.Ā -Ā  as seen in the playoffs, but I doubt you'll get that many Aberdeen fans showing up at Cove. Mainly because the Balmoral Stadium ain't really a ground anyone is going to be in a hurry to return to.Ā  The highest attendance so far is 1,955 and I doubt that will be topped any time soon for a league game. I'd guess a league average of about 550-600 this coming season.Ā 

That would be quite good, would it not?

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I'd guess a league average of about 550-600 this coming season.Ā 

I'd guess that will tail off after away fans tire of the romance of the Altens industrial estate.

6 minutes ago, elgin proud said:

take away the first 3 or 4 home matches and they b lucky average 350

Theyā€™ll do well to get that unless they are playing really well. Watching a home game isnā€™t an exciting experience. Canā€™t see too many folk from Aberdeen attending.

But good luck to them anyway.

2 hours ago, elgin proud said:

Ā unlikelyĀ 

What do you mean, unlikely? Dons fans hate Rangers (just look at the reaction to the blue kit the year before last) and are not going to be trooping along in great number to watch a team with that name. For the size of city, Cove have been abysmally supported over the years despite success. It may change now they're playing nationally but it doesn't necessarily follow that it'll be Dons fans going along.

I'm an Aberdeen fan who doesn't dislike Cove but I know of plenty who are put off by the name and colours.

Iā€™ve never met a Dons fan who has given a monkeys for the fact Cove play in blue and are called Rangers. Iā€™ve met plenty who donā€™t care about them because theyā€™re not Aberdeen, but none because of any Rangers connection.

If anything, itā€™s Cove fans who get more upset at the idea theyā€™re anything to do with Rangers.

Cove was a village until consumed by the expansion of Aberdeen in the last 30 years therefore do not have the core support that other teams have. I suspect that most Dons fans go watch their local HL JuniorĀ or amateur team or Sky Sports when the Dons are away. A lot of the Dons supporters do not live in Aberdeen but travel from all over the north east. I donā€™t see any great number increase in the Cove support apart from big one off games.

7 minutes ago, MO7S said:

You've got yourselves a topper in Chris Antoniazzi.Ā  Why Dons have loaned him to a League 2 sideĀ  is a mystery as he can hold his own at a higher level.

Probably because Paul Hartleys bint works for Aberdeen and her father is John Sheran ! But then everyone is related in Aberdeen.

Probably because Paul Hartleys bint works for Aberdeen and her father is John Sheran ! But then everyone is related in Aberdeen.
See your still going on about Cove....It's so fucking cute your love for the new team in the league [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

14 minutes ago, MO7S said:

You've got yourselves a topper in Chris Antoniazzi.Ā  Why Dons have loaned him to a League 2 sideĀ  is a mystery as he can hold his own at a higher level.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, mo83 said:

See your still going on about Cove....It's so fucking cute your love for the new team in the league emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

Iā€™m no where near on here as much as you tho, do you ever go to Montrose games now ?

Ā 

5 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

giphy.gif

Au contraire, it's probably the least inbred settlement in the land seeing as the place is full of incomers from all over the UK EuropeĀ world for all the moneyz.

Iā€™m no where near on here as much as you tho, do you ever go to Montrose games now ?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you reply to absolutely everything it's cute your love for the cove,lost count how many times you have mentioned Hartley and Mo legend John Sheran now....Keep up the good work my Brazilian friend [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

54 minutes ago, mo83 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png you reply to absolutely everything it's cute your love for the cove,lost count how many times you have mentioned Hartley and Mo legend John Sheran now....Keep up the good work my Brazilian friend emoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.png

No prob, itā€™s a forum for discussion, šŸ˜‰

Dicky Ticker is a Mo legend ? I donā€™t recall that ending well. And now your infatuated with Cove. Hmmm

No prob, itā€™s a forum for discussion, [emoji6]
Dicky Ticker is a Mo legend ? I donā€™t recall that ending well. And now your infatuated with Cove. Hmmm
Jeezo....and not one mention of Sheran and Hartley,and how Hartley is with Sheran Daughter.Goodbye my Brazilian friend till next time [emoji41][emoji23][emoji41][emoji23]