Cove Thread

23 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Has any Cove fan posted on this thread yet ? seems everyone else is more interested in what is happening than they are 😂 

There was only a few that posted on the "fitba north" forum,even then they weren't on that much.

They have a reasonable support,they're just no that bothered bout football forums.

Fancy they'll make the league 1 playoffs.

On 04/07/2019 at 16:52, Thom & Gerry said:

Yeah backroom team punted and Hartley taking in his own men.

Pretty ruthless, but that's modern football I guess.

Only a PSF today, but Cove looked fairly comfortable: happy enough to try and hit on the break early on, then used their attacking options a bit more later. They're quite robust too, as you'd expect. Hartley may be a bit of a lower-league joke after his last gig and a half went tits up, but I reckon Cove will cause plenty problems for the other nine teams this year, especilly when the weather turns Balmoor-esque in the winter...

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't attend the game on Wednesday due to work, but will be interested to see if you lot have anything more to show than Raith.

You're farting into a hurricane, there aren't any Cove fans posting on this thread/P&B

On 15/07/2019 at 19:51, Zen Archer said:

You're farting into a hurricane, there aren't any Cove fans posting on this thread/P&B

Or Fitbanorth. If there are any they're very elusive or hiding something shameful. Dundee though.. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Or Fitbanorth. If there are any they're very elusive or hiding something shameful. Dundee though.. :lol:

From the Cowdenbeath v Cove playoff thread.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:50, Stellaboz said:

Cove fans outside partners utterly steaming already. Cracking day for it here

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:13, wulliemc said:

They are steaming in the goth too

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:16, Zen Archer said:

There's a Cove lad that looks like Duane Doberman from the Bilko show that can't sing and he can't even bite his fingernails. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:18, wulliemc said:

The chubby one

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:19, Zen Archer said:

Aye, he just walked out the door with a fruit based drink. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:13, Zen Archer said:

An update on the fat Cove lad.

He dropped his breeks to have a piss and when he turned round to pull them up he fell backwards into the urinal, he'll be fucking reeking tonight in both senses of the word.

We liked the 2018/19 Scottish Highland Football League season so much we wrote a book about it. 

THE SCOTTISH HIGHLAND FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIARY 2018/19 IS NOW ON SALE!

Now in its fifth year, the latest SHFL Diary clocks in at a bumper 310 pages, and is a complete record of the 2018/19 Breedon Highland League season, which ended with Cove Rangers winning their seventh league title before becoming the first Highland League side to be promoted to SPFL League Two through the playoffs. Martin Scott, a late season signing who chipped in with three goals during the run-in, features on the cover.

Complete with match reports on all competitive games across all league and cup competitions, club statistics, competition summaries, league tables and more, the book is packed with features which are sure to be of interest to fans of all SHFL clubs.

As time goes on, details of matches from previous seasons become harder to find, and the SHFL Diary will act as a permanent written record of each season and will continue to occupy a place on the bookshelf of football fans long after Facebook pages, Twitter feeds and club websites have been forgotten or disappeared.

The SHFL Diary 2018/19 is sponsored by McBookie, whose contribution during the production process has once again proved invaluable. Their help has meant that, despite the book continuing to grow in size, the price has remained the same.

1206613660_Frontcover.thumb.jpg.e608a316ee4ae3863d976354456e0c8e.jpg

You can order your copy by clicking on the link below!

http://www.lulu.com/…/shfl-…/paperback/product-24179323.html

For the next few days, you can get 15% off the cover price of £15 by using the discount code ONEFIVE at the checkout.

All previous editions of the SHFL Diary remain on sale and can be found here - http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/shfldiary

Happy reading!

The SHFL Diary Team

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Cove is a strange one. It’s basically within the city limits of Aberdeen which means they have good access to players but also means they don’t really have people to represent in the same way other highland league teams did. People from Fraserburgh/Huntly etc have more of a reason to get behind their club rather than Cove who have a shorter history (only joining the Highland League in the late 80s) when most people in Cove can easily support Aberdeen. 

I reckon Coves attendances will be hugely dependent on whether Aberdeen are home/away. 

31 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Cove is a strange one. It’s basically within the city limits of Aberdeen which means they have good access to players but also means they don’t really have people to represent in the same way other highland league teams did. People from Fraserburgh/Huntly etc have more of a reason to get behind their club rather than Cove who have a shorter history (only joining the Highland League in the late 80s) when most people in Cove can easily support Aberdeen. 

I reckon Coves attendances will be hugely dependent on whether Aberdeen are home/away. 

Suppose thats what its all about build themselves up as the 2nd side in the city and hopefully get a reasonable number of Dons fans who don't travel.

Historically the two supports don't seem to coincide in any way.  Cove  were said to have asked when they joined the SHFL that their games be scheduled to coincide with Aberdeen away games, but the then-Inverness/North heavy Highland League gave that suggestion the respect it deserved. The folk I know who go to Cove games aren't likely to attend Aberdeen games, and the Dons fans I know either don't care about Cove or have no intention of going to see them. 

I imagine you'll get a lot of interested neutrals at event fixtures - first homer, first game against Cowdenbeath, etc. -  as seen in the playoffs, but I doubt you'll get that many Aberdeen fans showing up at Cove. Mainly because the Balmoral Stadium ain't really a ground anyone is going to be in a hurry to return to.  The highest attendance so far is 1,955 and I doubt that will be topped any time soon for a league game. I'd guess a league average of about 550-600 this coming season.