Cove Thread

As much as I'm not a fan of Sheran it's a real shame that he's had to step away from the game for health reasons. 

Hartley though. Fingers crossed he has the same scout as he did at Falkirk last season....

Getting a name in as manager doesn't necessarily mean success. I expect Cove to do very well this season but that will be in spite of Hartley, not because of. Pretty much the same thing that happened at Kelty with Ferguson.

Hartley took Alloa right through from this division to the Championship and did fine at Dundee until his final season.

He was obviously a total disaster at Falkirk and has a lot to prove now as a result, but I don't think he's the joke appointment some are suggesting.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him fail.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

As much as I'm not a fan of Sheran it's a real shame that he's had to step away from the game for health reasons. 

Hartley though. Fingers crossed he has the same scout as he did at Falkirk last season....

Giving his health problems think its probably a good thing for both parties that he has stood down, I remember when he was in charge of us in the league & he seemed totally out of his depth

Hartley is a fantastic appointment by Cove and anyone suggesting otherwise is deluded.

His track record prior to Falkirk is impressive and he’s also the type of name that would attract lower league players to a club, in the way that Ferguson did at Clyde or Naysmith did at East Fife.

People say they have money, they now have a name in the Scottish game to lead them as well. If I was a Cove fan, I’d be excited about the appointment.

Given that he doesn't have a budget that he can piss away into oblivion, I think he might actually do alright here. Just don't let that agent/scout Mitchell near your club and you will most likely be fine.

He will definitely fall out with at least three players though, just hope it's not your best.

Enjoy this compilation of what you can expect if it all goes tits up.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

His track record prior to Falkirk is impressive and he’s also the type of name that would attract lower league players to a club, in the way that Ferguson did at Clyde

How did that go ? Your top memory should remember a dire shire team pumping fergies clyde heros 3-0 at ochilview 

All the best Hartley at cove 👍

5 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

How did that go ? Your top memory should remember a dire shire team pumping fergies clyde heros 3-0 at ochilview 

All the best Hartley at cove 👍

Quite hard to remember something that never happened.

Ferguson lost 3 out of 8 games against Shire while he was Clyde manager, all 1-0.

7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Quite hard to remember something that never happened.

Ferguson lost 3 out of 8 games against Shire while he was Clyde manager, all 1-0.

still won tho don't ask me about our away form to Cumbernauld 😂

This was on the cards as soon as sheran had his heart attack. I was puzzled at the delay and it may explain coves lack of signings. Story seems to be sheran had second thoughts about retiring hence the delay but Chairman has eased him out. Given that Hartley is Sherans son in law, I would expect him to move upstairs to some nonsensical title with little to do. 

I expect cove to start splashing the cash now that it’s all sorted. No doubt a couple of Aberdeen loans as well. Hartleys bird is head of comms  at Aberdeen so that will help too.

i expect Cove  be to challengers now. Didn’t rate sheran as he failed twice in the spfl before. Hartley is a snivelling wee horrible b*****d but a decent manager, Falkirk excepted.