Cove Thread

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I always thought that QP and Thistle were the two great Glasgow alternatives to get away from all the old firm nonsense maybe got that one wrong sadly.

Oh dear.!That's mighty rich from a supporter of club that plays in a me-too Rangers strip and has a former Rangers director running the place. Maybe that's why Cowden fans have been all over Cove so far this season? Or are you just missing Clyde fans too much :wub:

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Oh dear.!That's mighty rich from a supporter of club that plays in a me-too Rangers strip and has a former Rangers director running the place. Maybe that's why Cowden fans have been all over Cove so far this season? Or are you just missing Clyde fans too much :wub:

I support Cowden because they are my local side, long before DF became chairman. No doubt you will have noticed on here quite a few Cowden don't like the Rangers look. 

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I support Cowden because they are my local side, long before DF became chairman. No doubt you will have noticed on here quite a few Cowden don't like the Rangers look. 

I hadn't noticed that because I don't look at the Cowden thread too often. My last wee sortie was when a riduculous discussion was being had about one of your players and him having a rage during or after a game. Classic example of PC world gone mad. I hoped that someone would notice that in defending your player's mental health issues you were tramping all over someone else's problems. Unfortunately the blinkers were on, red mist had come down and the character most recently known as Officer Barbrady finally hit the inevitable self-implode button and up the road he went. Regular watchers over the years will know that person is by some distance the most mentally disturbed poster on these forums. He can't help himself. Some of your lot should have had a look in the mirror.

I do thank you for putting up so many black & white flags around the track though. Nice touch :) Enjoy your season.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I hadn't noticed that because I don't look at the Cowden thread too often. My last wee sortie was when a riduculous discussion was being had about one of your players and him having a rage during or after a game. Classic example of PC world gone mad. I hoped that someone would notice that in defending your player's mental health issues you were tramping all over someone else's problems. Unfortunately the blinkers were on, red mist had come down and the character most recently known as Officer Barbrady finally hit the inevitable self-implode button and up the road he went. Regular watchers over the years will know that person is by some distance the most mentally disturbed poster on these forums. He can't help himself. Some of your lot should have had a look in the mirror.

I do thank you for putting up so many black & white flags around the track though. Nice touch :) Enjoy your season.

That's another one for folk to get started on:lol: Also enjoy your season.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Strange chap.

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Get over yourself.

And stop trying to tar us with old firm pish. Maybe it’s you who has the problem, by bringing it up in the first place.

Get over yourself.
And stop trying to tar us with old firm pish. Maybe it’s you who has the problem, by bringing it up in the first place.
One of your players (Robbie Buchannan) did call all the Albion Rovers fans "fe**** ba******" as he walked off the park after being sent off at cliftonhill last season, that's type of thing the old firm do ...

6 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
On 14/06/2019 at 17:32, big al said:
Get over yourself.

One of your players (Robbie Buchannan) did call all the Albion Rovers fans "fe**** ba******" as he walked off the park after being sent off at cliftonhill last season, that's type of thing the old firm do ...

IF that’s true, I didn’t hear it and can’t remember if I was there ( went to yours once last season)  then nobody is saying it’s acceptable. It’s also nothing to do with me.

Does anyone know what Cove’s odds are for winning league 2 and also being promoted via playoffs? I can’t see odds anywhere for 2019/20 season. 

There’s no odds yet. I would reckon someone will price it up in the next couple of weeks. You won’t get a promotion bet unless you ask for a price. Even then you might not get one.

Starting with Edinburgh City at home then away to Albion Rovers before the big one v Cowdenbeath at Balmoral - I assume Police Scotland will be sending the horses up for that.

First chance to get some points? The horses are already there.
Didn't realise that. I suppose that might explain why they occasionally show up at such powderkeg fixtures as Dons v Livvy.

On 23/06/2019 at 07:39, resk said:

Starting with Edinburgh City at home then away to Albion Rovers before the big one v Cowdenbeath at Balmoral - I assume Police Scotland will be sending the horses up for that.

If Cove are to be top 2 or 3 next season then they'll be looking for a couple of wins there! Maybe 7 points from 9.

WTF!!!!

thought that was a joke post but instead turns out to be a joke appointment,

Cove Rangers have appointed former Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts midfielder Paul Hartley as their new full-time manager.

The ex-Alloa, Dundee and Falkirk gaffer will be joined at the Balmoral Stadium by assistant manager Gordon Young and fitness coach Tam Ritchie.

Hartley, who will work full-time for Cove, takes over from co-managers John Sheran and Graeme Mathieson who guided the Highland League champions to promotion to the SPFL through the pyramid play-offs last season.

Sheran suffered a heart attack in April and will step away from the dugout and Cove’s board as director of football.

Chairman Keith Moorhouse said: “We are delighted Paul Hartley, Gordon Young and Tam Ritchie have agreed to join us.

“The changes to our coaching team were imposed upon us after John decided he could no longer continue as co-manager.

“We appreciate everything that John and Graeme have done for the club and saw this as an opportunity to bring in an experienced SPFL management team with a proven track record.

“We are delighted to appoint our first full time football manager and believe that Paul has everything required to ensure that we are prepared for life in the SPFL.

“Both Paul and Gordon are highly qualified coaches who have worked at the very top level in both club and international football.

“Tam provides his experience of sports science and years of coaching athletes at elite levels.

“They are a perfect fit for Cove Rangers as we prepare for the challenge of competing in the SPFL for the first time.”