Cove Thread

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:26, Dunderheid said:

This doubled when they groundshared at Inverurie presumably because the locos fans don't really travel to their away games.

I did attend a few Cove games when the were playing at Harlaw and would have estimated the crowds between 200-300. Admittedly it was probably some of the 'bigger' games I went to.  I saw very, very few Inverurie locals at any of the Cove 'home' games.

On 03/06/2019 at 22:27, gmca said:

Don't think there's any Cove posters about yet to take the bait.

More chance of finding shergar or lord Lucan than a Cove fan.

Just a manufactured Club as a plaything for a rich owner. Even Gretna  had fans !

11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Just a manufactured Club as a plaything for a rich owner. Even Gretna  had fans !

You warming yourself up lex for Cove handing you guys your ass next season.

They have a reasonable support,most of the Cove fans don't bother with football forums,there's one or two on Fitba North that's about it.

Still on about Cove I see....Cute!

I could be wrong but I think they got fined for that as you’re not allowed grassy banking in the SPFL but they didn’t have a choice in those games due to size. I thought I read that but could be making it up!
Stood on it when we played Spartans in the League Cup at the start of this/last season.

3 minutes ago, resk said:

Cove have their hospitality packages out on Twitter and the "Category 1" games are Brechin, Elgin, Edinburgh (all the Citys) and Cowdenbeath.....

I wouldn't class any of the L2 sides as catagory 1:lol: Hope they don't pump up their prices for those games.

Brechin and Elgin I can sort of understand, both fairly close and with Elgin they have some history in the HL. With Cowdenbeath they obviously have a history, but still a bit of an odd choice, I can't imagine there will be a lasting rivalry with them. But Edinburgh City???

Cove have their hospitality packages out on Twitter and the "Category 1" games are Brechin, Elgin, Edinburgh (all the Citys) and Cowdenbeath.....

What about the Binos best away support in League 2, Cove missing an opportunity their to capitalise.

Brechin and Elgin I can sort of understand, both fairly close and with Elgin they have some history in the HL. With Cowdenbeath they obviously have a history, but still a bit of an odd choice, I can't imagine there will be a lasting rivalry with them. But Edinburgh City???
The season we got promoted we beat Cove 3-0 in the play-off semi-final at Harlaw Park.

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:12, rhliston said:

What about the Binos best away support in League 2, Cove missing an opportunity their to capitalise.

After seeing the various supports etc that the teams mentioned tend to take just to see the game would think their best chance of having some away support in hospitality would be Stirling

I’m sure Cove sold out their hospitality most weeks in the HL, they are clearly marketing it at the likely demand from ‘home’ fans. Away fans going into hospitality must be a very rare occurrence. The number of travelling fans is largely irrelevant.

Damn right we're Category 1.  Get it rolled out bitches.

giphy.gif

Eta: We have plenty of beach towels that are continually on tour, so you can just buy one of these.

towel%20actual-500x500.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A team called Rangers playing at Balmoral. Is the Owner called Billy King by any chance? The Donald of Cowden will love a wee walk up thereemoji5.png

No, but they do play in royal blue.