Cove Thread

What are Cowdembeath's aspirations this season? Just to avoid the drop I would imagine.

Always difficult at this time of the season for them as realistically most players will hold out for something else before eventually joining Cowden or Albion Rovers. 

The Cowden obsession with Cove is strong so this seems the best place to ask.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Not been to Balmoral Stadium yet but from the pictures I have seen looks a better ground than the likes of Anslie Park imo. 

Agree it is a better ground to watch the game with access to all areas, By car it is easy to get to & by some other folks reports the pub situation is not as bas as made out. Would think it could be quite exposed during the winter but it should fit the bill fine for Cove in the immediate future. 

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Not been to Balmoral Stadium yet but from the pictures I have seen looks a better ground than the likes of Anslie Park imo. 

Having been to both, I'd agree with you that the Balmoral Stadium is better.

5 minutes ago, Bullyme said:

Was open the 2 times I went with clyde

I could be wrong but I think they got fined for that as you’re not allowed grassy banking in the SPFL but they didn’t have a choice in those games due to size. I thought I read that but could be making it up!

13 hours ago, Thomas Finney said:

It says quite a lot that not one Cove fan has anything to contribute to this thread. Are they both on their holidays?

Most of their fans post on Fitba North.  Will probably see a few register on here over the summer.

10 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

What’s size of crowds to Cove generally get at games? Be interesting to see if it increases once in SPFL 2, believe Edinburgh’s improved quite a bit.

Published HFL attendance figures are difficult to find.  Even more so in the case of Cove as they've  ground sharing in recent years so any figures would not be realistic. Based on numbers announced at matches Inverurie Locos normally get around 300-350. I'd expect Cove to draw something similar, probably a bit more given the boost of a new stadium and SPFL football. League 2 attendances are in the range of 300-700 so Cove crowds would be in this range.

brora, formartine and locos the obvious candidates but not convinced brora want it so possibly formartine favs but as a few avid SHFL fans will testify, they've promised much and delivered little these past few years, sure they'll be glad to see the back of cove
Wouldn't be surprised if Fraserbourgh were in it too. They've been coming on the last few seasons.

19 hours ago, Northboy said:

Published HFL attendance figures are difficult to find.  Even more so in the case of Cove as they've  ground sharing in recent years so any figures would not be realistic. Based on numbers announced at matches Inverurie Locos normally get around 300-350. I'd expect Cove to draw something similar, probably a bit more given the boost of a new stadium and SPFL football. League 2 attendances are in the range of 300-700 so Cove crowds would be in this range.

Cove regularly drew crowds of 70 to 80 when they were at Allan Park and would break into 3 figures for bigger ties.

This doubled when they groundshared at Inverurie presumably because the locos fans don't really travel to their away games.

Cove had decent crowds for their play off games and there will be a fair bit of interest initially in SPFL2 but I will be surprised if they will have crowds exceeding 200 once the have settled in to the new league and the novelty factor has worn off.

On 31/05/2019 at 16:00, theycallmetrinity said:

Cove will no doubt buy the league. More money up there than probably any team in league one or two.

I don't know that they'll win the league first season.  Might take a bit time to have a look at / get used to league football.

Second season they'll know who they need to buy to get the job done though.

4 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Cove signing Grant Dickie from Sunderland Sharks in Australia, good player at this level could easily be in the championship

Don't think there's any Cove posters about yet to take the bait.