Cove Thread

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:17, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

League 2 is never a clear bet.  There is always a surprise package or two - Edinburgh and Annan this year.  QP and Albion Rovers struggled after dropping down the Leagues.  I am not sure Cove will be as strong as people think.  May take time?  Berwick were finished and the poor League 2 team - so 4-0 and 3-0 was not a big dea

My feeling is that any team that get their act together are challengers in League 2. Cove do appear to have their act together and for geographical reasons will probably find it easier to attract additional players that Peterhead. I agree that thumping Berwick over the 2 legs of the play off is not a good measure of how Cove will fare in League 2 and stepping up a division usually proves to be tougher than expected. There's a lot of optimism around Cove which is fair enough but I think mid table respectability with perhaps an outside chance of a play off spot is realistic.

Is shagger Mcmanus getting a deal.?
he is a knob but good entertainment to wind up.
You fairly like to know what's going on down the road at Cove boyo [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

So do you !
you are here much more than I am. You fed up of Montrose.?
Lol....Behave!!!Scroll back through this thread and you are all over it.....It's cute[emoji7]

26 minutes ago, mo83 said:
28 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:
I’m everywhere mate, except Montrose, boring c***s

I see your taking it well being pulled up for having a soft spot with Cove Rangers.

Only come here to see your latest scoop like Hartley getting the managers job. I was two weeks ahead of you mate !

Cowdenbeath fans seem to have a thing about Cove Rangers.  It has cropped up again and a again here.  It will be interesting to see how a meeting between the two pans out.  Cowden fans have gone on and on and on about Cove all season.  I thing that they are dreading Cove coming up as their perception is that Cove may have a score to settle.  

And I have never been to the Balmoral Stadium, but my guess is that it will be miles better than the dive that is Central Park.

5 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Cowdenbeath fans seem to have a thing about Cove Rangers.  It has cropped up again and a again here.  It will be interesting to see how a meeting between the two pans out.  Cowden fans have gone on and on and on about Cove all season.  I thing that they are dreading Cove coming up as their perception is that Cove may have a score to settle.  

And I have never been to the Balmoral Stadium, but my guess is that it will be miles better than the dive that is Central Park.

It isn't..

Extremely poor effort. Just about the worst ever.

Brazilianlex is the man your on about and you are quite right with that statement.

In my opinion, people saying how awful it is at Cove will largely have said that because of some bias against the club itself. I have been to the Balmoral stadium and even though it's definitely not the best ground I've ever been to, it's also far from the worst. Tidy wee ground, right size for a club like Cove, decent bar at the stadium. As opposed to what some people say, it's close to some pubs and it's not too difficult to get to either. No, it's not perfect for pubs and transport but again far from being the worst on both counts.

If I were to rank all 42 SPFL grounds on the above mentioned issues, the Balmoral would probably be somewhere in/near the middle, but definitely not at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Having been their ground is fine. It could do with some stepped uncovered terracing and a slightly bigger main stand but it's a perfectly acceptable SPFL venue and obviously brand new.

Not been to Balmoral Stadium yet but from the pictures I have seen looks a better ground than the likes of Anslie Park imo.