Cove Thread

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Do Cove have any fans?

I see this got red dotted but its a legitimate question.

for the playoffs last year they took the usual large number of pondlife that any team going to such things attracts but in the SHFL they were known as a team without many supporters.

4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I see this got red dotted but its a legitimate question.

for the playoffs last year they took the usual large number of pondlife that any team going to such things attracts but in the SHFL they were known as a team without many supporters.

Certainly got the impression that many of the Cove "fans" travelling to Berwick had never been to a game of football before let alone a Cove game. They seemed at a loss as to how to celebrate with their "heroes" at the final whistle...(what was the steward thinking about when he opened the gate to let them into the pitch?). Coves real support was there however as I spotted the 1 man and his dug wandering aimlessly around the goalmouth!

On a more serious note... will Cove find themselves up in front of the SPFL beaks for allowing their fans to make a bee lined for the home support after the game. Bazaar situation on the far side of the pitch when the away fans were on the pitch and goading the home fans with anti English jibes!

26 minutes ago, Dunderheid said:

Certainly got the impression that many of the Cove "fans" travelling to Berwick had never been to a game of football before let alone a Cove game. They seemed at a loss as to how to celebrate with their "heroes" at the final whistle...(what was the steward thinking about when he opened the gate to let them into the pitch?). Coves real support was there however as I spotted the 1 man and his dug wandering aimlessly around the goalmouth!

On a more serious note... will Cove find themselves up in front of the SPFL beaks for allowing their fans to make a bee lined for the home support after the game. Bazaar situation on the far side of the pitch when the away fans were on the pitch and goading the home fans with anti English jibes!

I knew Berwick were from another country, didn't realise it was Persia...

I suspect Cove more wound up about last years play off than Cowden.

To us it’s just another non local game, get rid of Peterhead and up pop Cove.

I feel Cove will do well and sure they had some plans in place to do so should they come up.

Anyway, they fully deserved to come up, 7-0 is an embarrassing aggregate for Berwick. First time the play offs haven’t been a close battle I think.

12 hours ago, onecowden said:

Now that Cove have won the pyramid playoff and reached Scottish league status. Who, from the Highland league will be candidates for promotion next? Genuine question.

Formartine United 

Edited by Whitburn Vale

Cove players out in Soul last night singing about Cowdenbeath. Minter.

This is beyond bizarre. Who cares about Cove Rangers. They are fucking miles away. I have no interest in a stupid rivalry with them. None whatsoever. Hopefully this eventually fizzles out to nothing. We have more to be concerned about.

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Formartine United 

brora, formartine and locos the obvious candidates but not convinced brora want it so possibly formartine favs but as a few avid SHFL fans will testify, they've promised much and delivered little these past few years, sure they'll be glad to see the back of cove