West Premiership Prizemoney

.Stuart.

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I would imagine that there is only a set amount of medals and it will be up to the clubs themselves to decide who gets them - or they need to purchase more themselves. So it all comes down to how are the medals handed over. 

Are they handed over at the time of the presentation? Or are they handed to the clubs behind the scenes - in which case, what difference does it make what they are contained in. Just moaning for the sake of moaning.

When Beith won the league last year, the medals were presented to the players before Beith Captain John Sheridan lifted the trophy. 

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Scottish Cup final is Saturday, oooops! emoji23.png

That's correct we got to the 5th round of that trophy and unfortunately we were beaten by Hearts or we could have been in that final too.

When Beith won the league last year, the medals were presented to the players before Beith Captain John Sheridan lifted the trophy. 
And that's the way it should be done every time , so maybe the guy that carried out the presentation last night just could'nt be bothered as it was a total shambles

28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
34 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:
That's correct we got to the 5th round of that trophy and unfortunately we were beaten by Hearts or we could have been in that final too.

Well done, you boys love Senior football.

We pump teams from every grade including Cove who wiped the floor with the LL's top team.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
38 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Well done, you boys love Senior football.

Just the money it generates for Junior clubs 

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I look forward to seeing a better quality of carrier bag in future then ^_^

Seems Iceland were tickled pink and have invited Talbot to get in touch.  Great publicity for the Juniors unlike the Bonnyrigg shambles.

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Seems Iceland were tickled pink and have invited Talbot to get in touch.  Great publicity for the Juniors unlike the Bonnyrigg shambles.

You keep believing that, everyone  else is laughing at you :lol:

Just now, Burnie_man said:

You keep believing that, everyone  else is laughing at you :lol:

Not as much as we were laughing when the all dancing all singing EOSL champions were booted in the haw maws. More publicity on the 2nd of June thanks to the BBC.

5 hours ago, Chis said:

Medals are handed to the club that evening for them to decide how to present them so as stated above it is really immaterial what they are contained in when given to the club.

Or alternatively all cup and league winners should be presented their trophy and medals in a professional manner, with sjfa representation and a congratulatory speech made. The clubs would be responsible for deciding who collects a medal during the presentation (tell the trialists to stand aside and let the signed players get their medal). 

To suggest that what we should do is hand over medals in a carrier bag and have no presentation is frankly disrespectful to the trophy winning club. I realise Talbot are exceptionally used to winning things but even for them, as an established club, this scenario will stick in the throat. Consider if you were a club winning your first trophy in recent times and this was how your win was congratulated by your governing body...... 

For me this is really disappointing and I certainly feel the sjfa have let down their own league and cup winners. Fair play to Iceland though..... 

Or alternatively all cup and league winners should be presented their trophy and medals in a professional manner, with sjfa representation and a congratulatory speech made. The clubs would be responsible for deciding who collects a medal during the presentation (tell the trialists to stand aside and let the signed players get their medal). 
To suggest that what we should do is hand over medals in a carrier bag and have no presentation is frankly disrespectful to the trophy winning club. I realise Talbot are exceptionally used to winning things but even for them, as an established club, this scenario will stick in the throat. Consider if you were a club winning your first trophy in recent times and this was how your win was congratulated by your governing body...... 
For me this is really disappointing and I certainly feel the sjfa have let down their own league and cup winners. Fair play to Iceland though..... 
Best post of the evening and 100% correct .

"Congratulatory speech made"

I don't recall the World Cup winners getting a congratulatory speech made. Or FA Cup winners. Or Scottish Cup winners.

Maybe in tennis - but not in football. 

Genuine question - does it happen? What are they going to say?